Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport Ecosystem

Matterport Banned Me from their MSP Program?6466

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

As of 8:30 am EST Wednesday (28 February 2018), I have not heard back from either:

MSP@Matterport.com
Support@Matterport.com

About my post 5:50 pm EST Sunday, 24 February 2018 ...

That's two full business days: no answer.

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod have you tried to submit a ticket in your MP cloud account? I must say that I am kind of surprised by the prompt MP customer service that I received on 2 of my latest questions. I opened a ticket in my cloud account and had a response within hours.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@grmngrl

Great idea. Just submitted.

Dan

10:50 am EST Wednesday, 28 February 2018.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@grmngrl

WOW! That was fast! Looks like I am making progress on getting important email notifications and newsletters.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. that's 1 of 2 issues. This is about the newsletters and emails from Bill Brown that I have not received ...
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
As of 9:20 pm EST Wednesday, 28 February 2018, I have not heard from Matterport, except as noted above. Dan
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport Support sent me this survey question. How should I rate them when they forwarded my request ...

---

"I am not receiving important email notifications (Bill Brown announcements about TOS changes) or Matterport Customer Newsletters. My email address is: Dan@We-Get-Around Network.com Thanks!"

---

... to the Matterport Marketing Department whom I have not heard from since I made my request 10:50 am EST Wednesday, 28 February 2018.

I also have not heard back from Matterport Support or the MSP@Matterport.com about how I get my password reset (see first post in this discussion).

What would you do?

Best,

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hmmmmmmmmmm......

Just because my request was forwarded to another department, I do not consider the status as SOLVED.

Dan
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

3:49 pm EST Thursday, 1 March 2018
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Just heard back ... (see above)

Is this an acceptable answer? It's the same answer that I got Wednesday, 28 February 2018. (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Seems like before a ticket is closed and a satisfaction survey is sent out, Matterport Customer Support needs to check with the Department that the request was forwarded to ... to find out if the request has been handle.

What do you think?

Dan
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

As of 7 pm EST Friday, 2 March 2018, I have not heard back from Matterport about:

✓ enabling MSP access
✓ adding back to receive email notification such as the Bill Brown letter

This has not gone unnoticed from Members that would like posts done anonymously because, as one Member writes ...

"Dan, please share this without showing it was from me, I don’t want to be targeted by Matterport. ..."

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 36 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
"Dan, please share this without showing it was from me, I don’t want to be targeted by Matterport. ..."

Dan, I think it's probably safe to say you're not on the Christmas card list (!) but I personally don't think it's intentional, I do think though that they need more people on the payroll from a support perspective due to the amount of cameras they have in circulation, especially with the Pro2 Lite rollout ahead.
Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Did you try signing up using your junkmail email account as a camera buyer lead of yourself? You should be back in action in no time.
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Did you try signing up using your junkmail email account as a camera buyer lead of yourself? You should be back in action in no time.

Too funny.

Hi All,

It's now one week later and I still can not reset my MSP password (and I did not receive Friday's newsletter).

I have received this message twice (which did not solve the problem) ...

Dan
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

It's been six days since I requested help reseting my password for the MSP program (please see above). Since I have not heard back, this leads me to conclude that I have been banned from their program for being vocal on issues that 'Matter' to all of us.

Here is the message (above) that I just sent Matterport (9:10 am EST Tuesday, 6 March 2018).

What do you think? Slow response or banned from the MSP program?

Dan
Post 40 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

In addition to apparently being banned from the MSP Program, I am NOT receiving important notifications such as announcements signed by Matterport CEO Bill Brown, plus, I am NOT receiving newsletters such as the one sent on Friday, 2 March 2018.

Matterport closed the ticket as handled (twice0 because they considered the problem solved when they forwarded my message to Matterport marketing.

I re-opened the ticket this morning (9:15 am EST Tuesday, 6 March 2018).

I could imagine that Matterport is not happy that I give you a public platform for commenting about Matterport news.

What do you think? Have I been banned from receiving Matterport marketing communications?

Dan
Post 41 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod call them at their sales number. I feel bad for you. That is really not an acceptable time frame. If they really banned you from the program they could “man up and grow some (you know what)” and let you know.
Post 42 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Any developments from this perspective Dan?
Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PeterMcCready

Both tickets closed as done when I checked this morning (though I did not get an email saying so). I reopened both support tickets this morning.

Dan
Post 44 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Very sorry to hear that this is continuing Dan, please keep us posted.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
sure appears they are singling you out - have you heard of anyone else experiencing same?
Post 46 IP   flag post
101646 46 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?