Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Cloud Subscription AgreementDystopianLegalMatterport Ecosystem

And, the Matty Award for Sneaky Goes to ...?6458

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

This felt super-sneaky to me that I accepted the new Matterport Cloud Subscription Agreement by hitting "Continue" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
Hahahahaha Dan signed the TOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
@DaK If you haven't clicked it you haven't agreed to it, but if you don't click on it you can't use the system. Kind of a catch 22.

How about you? Sneaky or Not Sneaky?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
Business is about trust. If one cannot trust your business partner it is time for a divorce. History will not be kind to Matterport.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Sneaky Sneaky Sneaky!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
PWIMAGING private msg quote post Address this user
Very sneaky. Not good business practices. No click=shutting down your business
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
It's been clarified that continued use of the Matterport Cloud is acceptance of the TOS and that this dialog box is not an acceptance action.

Doesn't change the perception of sneaky, but just clarifying.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Same thing in my opinion...still had no choice.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
"3.7"(d) Matterport Cloud End Users: to permit end users with accounts on the Matterport Cloud to interact with Spaces in ways beyond viewing, including, without limitation, taking measurements within Spaces, annotating Spaces with Mattertag Content, saving favorite Spaces, and sharing links to Spaces with others.
For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that, in accordance with Section 1 of the General Terms, Matterport modifies any terms and conditions of the Agreement relating to use of Raw Sensor Data, Space Imagery, Fixed Digital Objects and/or Non-Fixed Digital Objects associated with Your account on the Matterport Cloud, such change shall apply to all such data, regardless of when such data was created or hosted in Your account. By clicking “I agree”, or by continuing to access or use the Matterport Cloud, after such a change has been posted, You signify Your acceptance of the change thereafter.

I bolded the section in the Feb 2018 TOS that says you agree by using the Matterport Cloud.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101428 7 7