Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport EcosystemPricingProblemsStrategy

In the unlikely eventI get run over by a bus6440

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
So I asked Matterport what would happen if I for whatever reason no longer was able to pay for my hosting fees. What would happen to my clients? If I am hit by the bus they say SOL since I will not be able to approve change of ownership. More likely, if I decide that I am going to retire in Africa on the massive amounts of money I made from selling Matterport tours. The client would have to pay minimum $49/month for the honor to host the model. This is highway robbery. They should be able to pay a prorated amount for the number of models they want to have hosted. I expect a gold plated website that makes espressos for me if I am going to pay $49/month.

Since this is the case I have to put this in the wording of my contract. Imagine I will get a positive response from my clients.

Oh Matterport, oh oh oh!!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
With the new TOS in place, I believe that Matterport should assume responsibility for hosting in perpetuity the moment a tour enters the Matterport Ecosystem. It's just like YouTube, folks.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 Except YouTube is free! IE no hosting fees!
Post 3 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
I agree Metro. If they have the right to use it in perpetuity then they have the responsibility to absorb the “cost” of it too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you, my feelings exactly. Except it is not the case. I feel like we are in a dictatorship (with Matterport ) They do whatever they want and we have no say.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I was one of the MSPs who was given a very abbreviated pitch about these ideas and asked what I thought.

My submission was that Matterport need to take over hosting responsibility to anything that was being absorbed into this program. It solves the 'bus' problem and it enables them the right to claim that they have a database of 800,000 spaces.

I think that this could have been accomplished without the TOS being amended and without scaring everyone. Matterport have great ideas, just reckless methods to accomplish them that ultimately won't make much of a difference to all of the people who are scared and angry.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?