Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingMatterport Ecosystem

MSP Leads Drying Up?6438

CharetteImaging private msg quote post Address this user
When I talked to Matterport last summer, I asked two questions:
- How many cameras were in my area?
- How much demand is there?

I was told two cameras in Buffalo, two in Syracuse, none in Rochester. (I now know that wasn't true, at least one real estate agency here has one, as does a photographer.)

I was also told that in a month's time, there were ~120 scan requests through the Matterport site that were referred to MSPs in Buffalo and Syracuse, about 1-2 dozen a month in Rochester.

Since buying my Pro2 in August, I've gotten exactly THREE leads through the MSP program.
- A real estate agent fishing for pricing
- A property management company fishing for pricing (to determine ROI)
- A for sale by owner

None have turned into jobs.

So where is all the demand Matterport told me existed? Did it magically vanish? Or was it never there in the first place?

Curious to hear how many leads others are getting through MSP, and if they've been going up or down.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharetteImaging private msg quote post Address this user
And before anyone asks, I've set my service radius wide enough to cover all of Western and Central NY, so that's not it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I have had only one fishing expedition.
Post 3 IP   flag post
luovalabs private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe something is wrong with how they qualify their demands?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
They always try to sell their cameras to the potential leads. And now, with the new "Light" camera it will get even worse in that sense.

I received just half a dozen leads in two and a half years and none of them turned into a job.

I think that Matterport got their sales personal from the worst car dealerships in the area. They are liars and a disgrace for the sales profession, even for car salesmen standards!
Post 5 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Ditto to jfantin...
Post 6 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely, this is a huge problem for both MSPs who have invested in the camera and for Matterport (who's squarely at fault here). They have irresponsibly neglected to leverage their huge round of capital funding for any significant marketing or public education. Where are the Matterport commercials? Where are the major ad campaigns? 90% of hospitality venues still have not heard of Matterport because they've focused their marketing dollars almost entirely on realty agents rather then creating demand from ANY business venue that needs to market & showcase their space.

I too have gotten a handful of Matterport leads over the past several months, none of which turned into jobs. I emailed them my concerns regarding this issue and never got a reply... smh.

Anyway, despite their recent technological improvements, I am starting to worry that my investment of time/money was ill-placed. Maybe someone has a more optimistic outlook. If so, I'd love to hear it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakoure
Absolutely, this is a huge problem for both MSPs who have invested in the camera and for Matterport (who's squarely at fault here). They have irresponsibly neglected to leverage their huge round of capital funding for any significant marketing or public education. Where are the Matterport commercials? Where are the major ad campaigns? 90% of hospitality venues still have not heard of Matterport because they've focused their marketing dollars almost entirely on realty agents rather then creating demand from ANY business venue that needs to market & showcase their space.

I too have gotten a handful of Matterport leads over the past several months, none of which turned into jobs. I emailed them my concerns regarding this issue and never got a reply... smh.

Anyway, despite their recent technological improvements, I am starting to worry that my investment of time/money was ill-placed. Maybe someone has a more optimistic outlook. If so, I'd love to hear it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
We noted MSP leads dried up late last year. When we contacted Matterport, they said its just slow...about an hour later I got a lead....first one in months.....contacted another MSP that we talk shop with in our area...his firm had not received a lead since Nov 2017!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I'v only been an MSP for 2 months and haven't received any yet. I was also told to expect 2-3 a month when I purchased the Pro2. I'm in the Chicago market.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I've had my camera for a year and have not received a single lead from them. But hey, they are one of the fastest growing companies in America.......Allegedly.......
Post 11 IP   flag post
101422 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?