Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport EcosystemTOS

eco system & new TOS on Matterport forum6432

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I was searching the Matterport forum and couldn't find any discussion on the new TOS, Matterport Ecosystem, or mining our clients and try to sell them a camera so they can save money. Has anyone else found any discussions on their forum. To me it seems they are suppressing any discussions about this.

Another idea to get their attention would be for everyone to contact their Matterport sales rep and ask them to explain who in the sales department feels it's ok to be contacting our customers to try and sell them a Pro2 lite to undermine our business. If enough of them get bombarded with complaints, the MAtterport suits might take notice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
eggardner private msg quote post Address this user
I emailed my rep yesterday about this and a few other things and have heard nothing back yet
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@eggardner If you do, please share his response.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
This is what I got back from the owner at Effortless...

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for pointing me towards the forum post. Yes I'd read about Matterport's new conditions, I really don't understand how they expect their customers to be OK with having no ownership over the data they produce.

We're making good progress and endeavouring to get to market as quickly as possible.

All the best,
Richard
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
I was searching the Matterport forum and couldn't find any discussion on the new TOS, Matterport Ecosystem, or mining our clients and try to sell them a camera so they can save money. Has anyone else found any discussions on their forum. To me it seems they are suppressing any discussions about this.

I also found it very strange that nothing comes up. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Where are you guys looking? I just double checked the MOUG Facebook group and found many posts about these topics.

I know of one post that was removed by the moderators for ad hominem attacks and profanity, but it looks to me like there are plenty of remaining posts, with both positive and negative opinions about them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport's Facebook Group has somewhat cannibalized it's online support forum.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
@craigsauer I was looking on the Matterport forum, not their Facebook group.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
If all of us posted scathing reviews on their Facebook page, it would bring down their ratings substantially and discourage prospective buyers. That would certainly catch their attention in a hurry. Unfortunately clients on our personal pages would see our activity which has me hesitant about doing that at the moment...Funny they don't seem to have a Google Business Page to review on...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, gotcha. I forgot that forum still existed!
Post 10 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggardner
I emailed my rep yesterday about this and a few other things and have heard nothing back yet

I’ve been trying to talk to Sales for just over a week now re a camera purchase for work (I’ve yet to break the news from a TOS perspective!), zero response to date, it’s no way to run a business.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Does this mean if I was a little brokerage I could use all of redfin's scan however I wanted?

This isn't instagram. You are TIED to using matterport. Instagram you take photos with whatever camera and they don't need a proprietary process to make them render.

Facebook, Yelp and any other review site you could rate and state that they take your property but they have their marketing in place and I bet realtor.com et al are excluded from all of this.

But lets say 10,000 people file small claims....that would have matterport spending $10M to defend. A drop in the bucket if they got this over on everyone. Too bad Getty Images isn't in this fight. Google getty images extortion if you don't know how they work.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Raw thought here. Couldn’t you put a banner in the Matterport scan with your client info?

Also if they can use without your permission then your client could cancel hosting with you as then just use the sacan direct from Matterport for free. I think that is called tortious interference
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain That doesn't work -- Matterport is not providing public spaces to anyone -- a private copy to play with.

And as my new mantra goes -- I think that this could have been accomplished without the TOS being amended and without scaring everyone. Matterport have great ideas, just reckless methods to accomplish them that ultimately won't make much of a difference to all of the people who are scared and angry.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
You are the expert and I am on the sideline. I am a nobody but from years of being around I’ve seen that companies don’t ever throw out their true intentions in the first release. They will release more changes in time. They may even increase the frequency of TOS changes so the masses go deaf like Apple’s

June 2019 let’s see if this was the only change of TOS that knocked on the door of “rights.” Matterport is forging a precedent and seeing how far they can go. Facebook started the same way and now when you die St.Peter will let you into heaven faster if you use your Facebook blue button login.

Don’t let this get you down. Go after business. However use Matterport like they are capitalizing on your success.

Get your website and social media fully optimized with all the things they offer for free

Order everything free dan supplies here as a we get around member and have it on your site,Facebook, Twitter,instagram,YouTube, Pinterest and Facebook marketplace

Don’t advertise just Matterport. Advertise other services so you are seen as a marketeer not someone who clicks a button. Your internet presence should show you are not a one trick pony but use Matterport along with its competitors and complimenting products.

Get the products and services looking like stickers on NASCAR ride.

Spread your business risk by NOT just doing Matterport and if the winds change to the next best thing and people are turning to you asking “what else to got?” You have 2 or 3 other things to sell them that might not be as cool but are just as marketable and with the help of we get around will be more viral.

Forgive but not forget and let this be the wake up call that you need to be the craftwork behind the things behind what is being used to market not just Matterport.

But what do I know. Just thinking here because they let me.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@GlennTremain Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennTremain
You are the expert and I am on the sideline. I am a nobody but from years of being around I’ve seen that companies don’t ever throw out their true intentions in the first release. They will release more changes in time. They may even increase the frequency of TOS changes so the masses go deaf like Apple’s

June 2019 let’s see if this was the only change of TOS that knocked on the door of “rights.” Matterport is forging a precedent and seeing how far they can go. Facebook started the same way and now when you die St.Peter will let you into heaven faster if you use your Facebook blue button login.

Don’t let this get you down. Go after business. However use Matterport like they are capitalizing on your success.

Get your website and social media fully optimized with all the things they offer for free

Order everything free dan supplies here as a we get around member and have it on your site,Facebook, Twitter,instagram,YouTube, Pinterest and Facebook marketplace

Don’t advertise just Matterport. Advertise other services so you are seen as a marketeer not someone who clicks a button. Your internet presence should show you are not a one trick pony but use Matterport along with its competitors and complimenting products.

Get the products and services looking like stickers on NASCAR ride.

Spread your business risk by NOT just doing Matterport and if the winds change to the next best thing and people are turning to you asking “what else to got?” You have 2 or 3 other things to sell them that might not be as cool but are just as marketable and with the help of we get around will be more viral.

Forgive but not forget and let this be the wake up call that you need to be the craftwork behind the things behind what is being used to market not just Matterport.

But what do I know. Just thinking here because they let me.

Well said Sir
Post 16 IP   flag post
How will you be able to view this "private copy" ???

And then how do you give this Private Copy to 3rd party services ???

When I give this tour to 3rd party services and they do something like adding furniture to the Showcase

- How will you view the new Showcase ???

- Wouldnt these 3rd party services like this service to be viewable on more platforms like facebook, so that means the tour is not Private Anymore ???? How would one go now by sharing this newly created garbage?

- I want to share the private tour with my interior decorator how would that work?

Can you now see how stupid this way of thinking is? Or do I need to get out the crayons? You already have the tour of your home why in heavens name would you want to have it private or in an ecosystem ???? You can just upload your tour to the 3rd party application no need for an ecosystem.

I am not buying any of this they are trying to force down our throats and if you do you are as intelligent as a bag of hammers.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I don't believe we are in their best interest, if we are then change the TOS back and give us ownership, you have nothing to lose Matterport or do you?
Post 18 IP   flag post
101436 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?