Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport EcosystemNews

Introducing: the Matterport Ecosystem6398

MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
They needed new licence terms for Google Streetview and took the opportunity to expand them to whatever extend imaginable and probably necessary.

Maybe they had some of Googles lawyers consulting them.

Unfortunately these new terms probably won't work for the arts and culture market. And some other market segments may have restraints, too (convention centers, etc.).

But Bill Brown also mentioned the real estate lifecycle and following this vision could open up new business cases for all stakeholders - for Matterport, for the Pros and for the people who live and work in the house.

Think about facilities management in commercial real estate - especially in office buildings or in hotels or in a restaurant (chain). Properties won't change so much throughout the lifecycle. Size remains the same and most technical installations too. I could imagine so many services in the real estate lifecycle business may profit from the access to a Matterport tour. Matterport makes processes more efficient and more important - Matterport makes facilities management less expensive.

There is so many questions answered in one link. Just press the U button in a tour and send it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
MSP Ecosystem FAQ from MP support page
Post 27 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
There's probably wonderful applications that Matterport has in mind.

That said, I think they'd have greater success and less resistance if they have an opt-in rather than opt-out option...
Post 28 IP   flag post
mikeb private msg quote post Address this user
It's very simple.

Matterport had spent tremendous amounts of investors money in promising them a rich future in matterport which dominates and leads the 3d rendering technology of many markets becoming a Google-like world leader.

It is hard for them to face reality that while thier product is an awesome product for real estate professionals and can be useful in the tourism industry as well. Their dreams are far from being reached.

This last message from the CEO seems like a desperate last attempt to keep thier private investors contempt in holding on longer to thier dream of global dominance in multiple industries.

What needs to happen and things definitely seem to be moving in that direction, is that matterport will no longer be able to pay thier high level executives who are placed there to constantly find ways that matterport will dominate the world. Matterport would then no longer invest in areas which don't belong to them. Matterport will come to terms with reality that they are simply a camera company which also provides awesome technology which can be very useful for certain professionals in niche markets. They need to then focus on selling cameras and nothing else. They will lower spending in other areas, allowing them to lower the costs of the camera, giving access to thier true customers (the purchaser) to host thier own content. Then the company can grow at a healthy pace and eventually years down the line when 3d technology expands to other industries and is more accessible by the masses they could branch out to other industries. But the focus now must be on satisfying your current customers, not your investors. Your faithful customers who stand up to all your adolescent fits and stick with you despite the astronomical costs of the equipment and your constant attempt to put them off and take control. If not for your customers you will have nothing today, please respect them, show your appreciation and if you really want to grow make your equipment more accessible and more valuable to the customer.

Instead of "stealing" thier hard work and passing it on the others why don't you consider passing on to them for once. Let your customer own and host thier own work and equipment that they paid for.

Until we get to that point we may need to put up with a few more adolescent fits.
Post 29 IP   flag post
mikeb private msg quote post Address this user
And I think that for the sake of honesty and integrity those Matterport employees who are commenting on this forum should present themselves as such.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMP
Hello all,

This is an advice from JuMP team:
Please back up all your showcase data before it is too late.

The easist way is to download them on your ipad appication "3D Showcase" and upload them from ipad to your HDD.
But it won't get the full resolution panorama pictures. Only 6 x 1K x 1K cube maps will be included in that package(even for the Pro2 camera, it is 6 x 1K x 1K also).
Except the full resolution panoramas the package in "3D Showcase" include all you need to rebuild the web version showcase in the future.

As for the full resolution panoramas there are some ways to get it if you PM JuMP.

After you back up all your data you can just wait until the stand alone 3rd party showcase system show up.
And I am sure you all know what to do next...

JuMP team from Beijing, China
Post 31 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
This makes me sick, as the real estate industry is very good in my area right now I've slowed down on scans. "Agents can post an iPhone 4 image and sell the home on days". So I put together a business plan to use ThreeSixty Tours in my local area. Offering them the scan at a highly discounted price with monthly hosting fees double my normal $5.00. I sent an email out Monday with lots of positive feedback already. Now I'm stabbed in the back once again and my another revenue stream is gone.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
There's probably wonderful applications that Matterport has in mind.

That said, I think they'd have greater success and less resistance if they have an opt-in rather than opt-out option...

Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
They needed new licence terms for Google Streetview and took the opportunity to expand them to whatever extend imaginable and probably necessary.

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
But Bill Brown also mentioned the real estate lifecycle and following this vision could open up new business cases for all stakeholders - for Matterport, for the Pros and for the people who live and work in the house.

The only reusable asset would be the structural data. Furnished homes with carpet that has been replaced, paint colors that were last year's style and an old kitchen that needs a mattertag with a picture of the new kitchen make for a lame reusable asset. A new home owner doesn't want to pay to use an old tour full of someone else's stuff (leather bound books and mahogany desks)

Even multi-family gets renovated and needs new shoots.

Win-Win is for Matterport to start doing the same thing, but have residential customers book an MSP to scan their house at a subsidized rate along with a 3rd party service (Roomie, etc.).

Problem is people want instant access -- and in theory, Matterport could have a large databases of homes in the future. In my massive master planned community down here in suburbia, I'd be shocked if there were Matterport tours for even 1% of the homes right now ... furthermore, home builders use floorplans and build the same home multiple times with some variance ... it makes more sense for home builders and multi-family to use 3rd party services like Rooomie, not residential which this is all aimed at.

I love the guys at Matterport and think that they are trying something new and truly hoping to open up doors -- I am just concerned that this might not lead anywhere except for lowered trust with MSPs.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
A new home owner doesn't want to pay to use an old tour full of someone else's stuff (leather bound books and mahogany desks)

You use that example like it's a bad thing, whereas:

Post 34 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Queen_City_3D That's George Kenner when he was a little bit younger He's still keeping San Diego classy.
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Anyone can join the WGAN-TV Mattreport Ecosystem Town Hall on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) today, Tuesday, 27 February using this link while the show is live. (In addition to the live broadcast, we are recording the show, so please do not join the show, if you do not want to be recorded.)

WGAN-TV Ecosystem Town Hall Format

1. A brief intro by me. Then ...
2. Question #1: What was your reaction when you heard the news that Matterport was changing the TOS?
3. Question #2: What was your reaction when you heard the news that Matterport was rolling back the TOS?
4. Question #3: What do you feel that Matterport should do moving forward?
4. Question #4: What is on your Matterport "Wish List"?
5. Question #5: "Wish List" of how Matterport could turn ragging fans back into raving fans?

--

✓ Discussion is encouraged
✓ Everyone will get an opportunity to speak
✓ The first time you speak, please let us know your name, company name - or WGAN Forum Member name - and location

If Matterport CEO Bill Brown joins the discussion, we invite him to go first and encourage Bill to answer questions.

Other topics we should cover during this Matterport Ecosystem Town Hall on WGAN-TV?

What to encourage others to watch? Give them the link: www.WGAN-TV.com

Best,

Dan

P.S. All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Ecosystem

---

If you would like to test your connection, we will be live for testing from 4-5 pm EST | GMT -5) today, Tuesday, 27 February 2018.
Post 36 IP   flag post
101429 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?