Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 31 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.obj101 UsesAdviceStrategyVirtual Reality

Oculus intergration636

inna private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone successfully integrated matterport scan into Oculus? Need some tips to get high quality presentation. Also unity version does it have to be paid version?
Post 1 IP   flag post
vrealstudio private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, inna

You can do Oculus integration on both Unity4 and 5. And you should Unity Pro version (may be)

You may follow up as guide page on Matterport website. When you integrate it, there are no tips. Everything depends on tool. Absolutely, to get a highest quality, firstly your scan should be perfect. Keep scanning quite dense, reduce a hole. I suggest low ceiling. If your scan has many mirror and window, texture quality get more lower. You need perfect scan edit on Capture app before submit cloud.

To get highest quality, Unity-Oculus Template is the best. Don't convert obj into Blend, 3D Max and others.

Post 2 IP   flag post
inna private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you so much for your tips. I opened OBJ in Maya and not very happy with the way model came out. I think I will need to fix some holes in the walls and floor before importing into unity to get the best model possible first. Also it is unrealistic to rescan the 5400 sq foot house again. I think much faster to rebuild in maya. Thanks for your tips and video it is great.
Post 3 IP   flag post
kc1302 private msg quote post Address this user
Better to build it maya, 3dsmax, modo or whatever you use.
Should be easy and fast. Just make clever use of substances (SBSAR)and your good to go.

Performance
The mesh chunks are randomly cut. The mesh have holes not very suitable for frustum/occlusion culling.
The mesh will require decimation especially if you wish to port it to gearvr, cardboard etc. Where the limit is currently set at 100.000 vertices / 100.000 triangles / 100 drawcalls per scene.

Aestetics.
Is subjective. Some say it's ok, some find the distorted uv's, holes, black spots unacceptable.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101634 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?