Matterport 3D Tour Pros  |  Google Street View Pros  |  Real Estate Agents  |  3rd Party Service Providers
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
View Map Full Screen
Last 30 Days: 73,262 Page Views | 13,178 Visitors | 90 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 44,319  |  Total Topics: 6,082
3,684 WGAN Members in 106 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN Training Academy (Learn more)
WGAN-TV Channel
2018 Google Street View Summit Announcements
with Google Product Manager Charles Armstrong
GearRotatortheVRkitZillow 3D Home

3 Free Rotators for Zillow 3D Home Testing6302

WGAN
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Image Above: "theVRkit Bluetooth Controlled Mount - Turns Your Smartphone Into an 8K 360 VR Camera - 360 Panoramic Head To Capture Perfect Panoramas" ($49.99 via Amazon)

Hi All,

Zillow is testing the Zillow 3D Home tour service in Phoenix, Arizona - before it begins rolling out across the United States later this year (2018). (Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 for Zillow 3D Home for Newbies on Thursday, 22 February 2018.)

Hosting, processing and sharing via Zillow 3D Home tour service is free. Simply capture 360ºs using an iPhone handheld. That said, it is likely that pairing the following gear would make 360º capture easier, faster and produce a better result:

✓ iPhone 5, 6 or 7
✓ rotator (such as theVRkit Controller Rotator Mount - Turns Your Smartphone into an 8K 360 Camera)
✓ tripod

For clarification, Zillow 3D Home presently works with any iPhone. theVRkit presently with any smartphone except 8, 8+ iPhone X.) Thus, iPhone 5, 6 or 7 paired with theVRkit ...

Elie-Gregoire Khoury founder of theVRkit - and a WGAN Premium Member (@egkhoury) - sent me a box of theVRkit rotators. I am giving away three to the WGAN Forum Community in the United States.

Would you like one of theVRkits - free?!

I am seeking three Members of the WGAN Forum Community to take Zillow 3D Home tour for a test drive using theVRkit rotator mount and write a WGAN Forum post about their Zillow 3D Home tour capture and edit experience including using theVRkit controller rotator mount.

Note: While you can test-drive the Zillow 3D Home tour capture and edit experience anywhere in the United States, during Zillow beta testing, you can only publish in Phoenix.

To be eligible to receive theVRkit free (3 to give away)

1. You must live in the Continental United States
2. Priority to WGAN Phoenix based Members (since only Phoenix Zillow listings can have a public 3D Home)
3. Priority given to WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members in the United States

If you want to test Zillow 3D Home along with theVRkit, please post to this discussion "I'm in" - or send me a Private Message by 3 pm EST this Friday, 9 February 2018. If selected, I will Private Message you for your shipping address.

I will decide whom to send theVRkit (three) at my sole discretion.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Yes. You can keep theVRkit that I send you Thanks for your review

Note

While theVRkit is only 8k when used with theVRkit App: not the Zillow 3D Home App
Post 1 IP   flag post
Basic
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
How about you give one away during the WGA show on Thursday to someone who logins into the WGAN-TV Zillow 3D Home show and asks the best question about the program and product.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
@VTLV

Great! Idea. I will use a 4th for that show!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder

WGAN-TV How to Receive One of Three Free Rotators for Zillow 3D Home Testing

Hi All,

I not-so-great mini-demo by me, but you get the idea ...

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
800lb Gorrilla in the room question.

Is this gonna be a problem for Matterport MSP’s?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Basic
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
After getting my head tangled up in the idea that Zillow 3D Beta isn't really offering anything 3D like the Matterport 3D Dollhouse?

Then wasting time ranting about how photo slideshows offer nothing "virtual" and have no business being titled as "virtual tours" in some other online discussions.

I thought I would just document my struggles with yet another app I am forced to use instead of uploading quality material we can make ourselves with better quality, once again.

(it's total cheese)
Post 6 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that Zillow 360 Tours will be gone by the end of 2018.

My logic:

#1) They are intended as a DIY solution for Realtors.
#2) The tool that is intended for use is a cell phone.
#3) All Realtors have cell phones
#4) Most Realtors pay for professional photos even though they could use their phones.
#5) Good luck getting a Realtor to use their phone to capture a virtual tour.

The Zillow 3D tour is proprietary, it's on Zillow's site, and Realtors honestly aren't trying to drive traffic to Zillow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zillow tours are a wasted effort on their part.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Basic
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps I am naive, but it is my contention that businesses thrive over the long haul when their primary driver is serving their customers. When I see Zillow's efforts with this 3D tour, their video tours, all I see is them trying to circumvent far superior, readily available technology that would best serve in promoting/showing their customers properties with... rather outdated, amatuerish methods.... all in the interest of fencing in their customers... serving themselves. Same goes for AirBnB not embracing MP.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Founder
Hi All,

My guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) on Thursday 22, February 2018 are:

✓ Steve Lake from the Zillow Photography Program
✓ Allison Light, Zillow Group Senior Product Manager

The topic for the show is: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies

Zillow is likely to roll-out Zillow 3D Home tour service nationwide in 2018.

Found out how and why to shoot a Zillow 3D Home.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Premium
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Good logic - let the agent know how awkward it will be to answer the phone mid-scan and loose the next listing or a showing. #thankszillow Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
I think that Zillow 360 Tours will be gone by the end of 2018.

My logic:

#1) They are intended as a DIY solution for Realtors.
#2) The tool that is intended for use is a cell phone.
#3) All Realtors have cell phones
#4) Most Realtors pay for professional photos even though they could use their phones.
#5) Good luck getting a Realtor to use their phone to capture a virtual tour.

The Zillow 3D tour is proprietary, it's on Zillow's site, and Realtors honestly aren't trying to drive traffic to Zillow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zillow tours are a wasted effort on their part.
Post 10 IP   flag post
44776 10 10
destitute