Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GearRotatortheVRkitZillow 3D Home

3 Free Rotators for Zillow 3D Home Testing6302

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Image Above: "theVRkit Bluetooth Controlled Mount - Turns Your Smartphone Into an 8K 360 VR Camera - 360 Panoramic Head To Capture Perfect Panoramas" ($49.99 via Amazon)

Hi All,

Zillow is testing the Zillow 3D Home tour service in Phoenix, Arizona - before it begins rolling out across the United States later this year (2018). (Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 for Zillow 3D Home for Newbies on Thursday, 22 February 2018.)

Hosting, processing and sharing via Zillow 3D Home tour service is free. Simply capture 360ºs using an iPhone handheld. That said, it is likely that pairing the following gear would make 360º capture easier, faster and produce a better result:

✓ iPhone 5, 6 or 7
✓ rotator (such as theVRkit Controller Rotator Mount - Turns Your Smartphone into an 8K 360 Camera
✓ tripod

For clarification, Zillow 3D Home presently works with any iPhone. theVRkit presently with any smartphone except 8, 8+ iPhone X.) Thus, iPhone 5, 6 or 7 paired with theVRkit ...

Elie-Gregoire Khoury founder of theVRkit - and a WGAN Premium Member (@egkhoury) - sent me a box of theVRkit rotators. I am giving away three to the WGAN Forum Community in the United States.

Would you like one of - free?!

I am seeking three Members of the WGAN Forum Community to take Zillow 3D Home tour for a test drive using
theVRkit rotator mount and write a WGAN Forum post about their Zillow 3D Home tour capture and edit experience including using theVRkit controller rotator mount.

Note: While you can test-drive the Zillow 3D Home tour capture and edit experience anywhere in the United States, during Zillow beta testing, you can only publish in Phoenix.

To be eligible to receive theVRkit free (3 to give away)

1. You must live in the Continental United States
2. Priority to WGAN Phoenix based Members (since only Phoenix Zillow listings can have a public 3D Home)
3. Priority given to WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members in the United States

If you want to test Zillow 3D Home along with theVRkit, please post to this discussion "I'm in" - or send me a Private Message by 3 pm EST this Friday, 9 February 2018. If selected, I will Private Message you for your shipping address.

I will decide whom to send theVRkit (three) at my sole discretion.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Yes. You can keep [url=http://theVrkit.com that I send you Thanks for your review

Note

While theVRkit is only 8k when used with theVRkit App: not the Zillow 3D Home App
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
How about you give one away during the WGA show on Thursday to someone who logins into the WGAN-TV Zillow 3D Home show and asks the best question about the program and product.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Great! Idea. I will use a 4th for that show!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV How to Receive One of Three Free Rotators for Zillow 3D Home Testing

Hi All,

I not-so-great mini-demo by me, but you get the idea ...

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
800lb Gorrilla in the room question.

Is this gonna be a problem for Matterport MSP’s?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
After getting my head tangled up in the idea that Zillow 3D Beta isn't really offering anything 3D like the Matterport 3D Dollhouse?

Then wasting time ranting about how photo slideshows offer nothing "virtual" and have no business being titled as "virtual tours" in some other online discussions.

I thought I would just document my struggles with yet another app I am forced to use instead of uploading quality material we can make ourselves with better quality, once again.

(it's total cheese)
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I think that Zillow 360 Tours will be gone by the end of 2018.

My logic:

#1) They are intended as a DIY solution for Realtors.
#2) The tool that is intended for use is a cell phone.
#3) All Realtors have cell phones
#4) Most Realtors pay for professional photos even though they could use their phones.
#5) Good luck getting a Realtor to use their phone to capture a virtual tour.

The Zillow 3D tour is proprietary, it's on Zillow's site, and Realtors honestly aren't trying to drive traffic to Zillow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zillow tours are a wasted effort on their part.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps I am naive, but it is my contention that businesses thrive over the long haul when their primary driver is serving their customers. When I see Zillow's efforts with this 3D tour, their video tours, all I see is them trying to circumvent far superior, readily available technology that would best serve in promoting/showing their customers properties with... rather outdated, amatuerish methods.... all in the interest of fencing in their customers... serving themselves. Same goes for AirBnB not embracing MP.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

My guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) on Thursday 22, February 2018 are:

✓ Steve Lake from the Zillow Photography Program
✓ Allison Light, Zillow Group Senior Product Manager

The topic for the show is: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies

Zillow is likely to roll-out Zillow 3D Home tour service nationwide in 2018.

Found out how and why to shoot a Zillow 3D Home.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Good logic - let the agent know how awkward it will be to answer the phone mid-scan and loose the next listing or a showing. #thankszillow Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
I think that Zillow 360 Tours will be gone by the end of 2018.

My logic:

#1) They are intended as a DIY solution for Realtors.
#2) The tool that is intended for use is a cell phone.
#3) All Realtors have cell phones
#4) Most Realtors pay for professional photos even though they could use their phones.
#5) Good luck getting a Realtor to use their phone to capture a virtual tour.

The Zillow 3D tour is proprietary, it's on Zillow's site, and Realtors honestly aren't trying to drive traffic to Zillow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Zillow tours are a wasted effort on their part.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@TrustedPhotoDC

Would you like one to take for a spin?

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I'm in. Is this like one of those concert experiences where you shoot them into the audience like it's a t-shirt?
Post 12 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod thanks Dan I’ll DM you my address.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
I'm in. Is this like one of those concert experiences where you shoot them into the audience like it's a t-shirt?

Great! Please PM me the address you would like it sent. If you get it to me soon, I can send it today (Saturday, 24 February 2018).

Too funny about the "shoot them into the audience like a t-shirt [cannon]"

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustedPhotoDC
@DanSmigrod thanks Dan I’ll DM you my address.

Great! If I get your address soon, I can send today.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@RPOceanic They are not targeting the audience we as MSP target. Although I would like to scan every property that an agent would list the reality is there is no perceived ROI on properties under around $300,000.00. I know that it is not about the property being sold but about advertising the realtor. But they look at ROI as only being worth the expense of properties over the above-stated value.

Zillow wants to offer a solution for ALL properties listed. This is why they have to use "rather outdated, amateurish methods."

But believe it or not the quality of photogrammetry is not "rather outdated, amateurish." It is not true 3D as we offer but it is way better than photo slideshow virtual tours.

The biggest thing is that gets me is it is hard to do any single shoot for cheap enough to get into these price points. If you are doing something else and include this it may work but just to travel to the job and back in most cases would cost more than you could charge for this standalone. And if we are doing a job then it probably too high of a value property to even use the "rather outdated, amateurish methods"

But, It is a tool I will add to my toolbox. Maybe it could possibly build rapport with agents in some way even though they don't even like to hear the name Zillow.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@frstbubble

Would you like the last free rotator to review Zillow 3D Home paired with the rotator?

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV 3 Free VR Kit Rotators for Zillow 3D Home Testing (courtesy www.theVRKit.com)

@frstbubble

Did you want the last one?

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I don't have an iPhone but my partner does and I will have her test it and just maybe I will be able to get some video of the use.
I'll pm with my address details.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@frstbubble

Great! Will send ..

All three will be on the way to reviewers on Monday. Thanks for your patience.

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

We shipped (last Monday) theVRkit to three WGAN Members to take for a spin.

Best

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Thank you, Dan!

Do you know, offhand, what iPhones are supported by Zillow 3D Home? I'm quite serious about making the investment in order to augment my offerings. Adding Aerials recently has helped retain a few clients (and has proven to be kinda fun). I imagine that adding these will have value from many angles -- much like GSV.
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Chris,

Zillow is testing in Phoenix only - at the moment.

From the Zillow 3D Home app ...

**The product does not support iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s or iPad**

(A Member of WGAN will be testing if he can mount the iphone on his MP camera to do both at the same time.)

Best,

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
I got a call last week from Zillow Expanding into Vegas and one or 2 other markets (I forget which). I don't have an Iphone so I couldn't help much with where it's going.

Question @Metroplex360 : Say you get an Iphone. When you plan for write off's with the Iphone.

Do you
1) Just consider this camera equipment and stick it with the Ipad?
or
2) Do you plan to write off just a little knowing you'll be using this for personal use as well.

My wife doesn't see #1 working out.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

Buy a used iPhone with no cell plan. Just use the Wi-Fi.

Call the Zillow rep back so that you can immediately have a competitive advantage in your market. It's likely that they would feed you leads to test Zillow 3D Home (and up-sell all your other services).

Best,

Dan

P.S. iPhone 6 or latter (no iPad) to work with Zillow 3D Home iOS app
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@VTLV

For less than $200, you can be among the first ... for your existing clients, you can practice and give them free and earn your Zillow Certified Photographer status.

Best,

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Wife wanted to upgrade her phone. So I talked her into taking mine and sprung for an iPhone7. Hit up Zillow and time to add another service.
Post 27 IP   flag post
101428 27 27