Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGANTV Live at 5ZillowZillow 3D Home

WGAN-TV Zillow 3D Home tours for Newbies6298

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: This Example (at the bottom of the page)

Hi All,

Zillow is testing the Zillow 3D Home tour service in one market: Phoenix (as of 5 February 2018)

"3D Home is a free mobile app that allows homeowners and real estate professionals to capture 3D tours of homes with their iPhones. These 3D Homes are published to a listing’s home details page on Zillow, letting potential buyers virtually walk through the home’s layout and giving agents and sellers a powerful tool to market their listings online," according to the Zillow 3D Home FAQs.

Zillow is likely to roll-out Zillow 3D Home Tour nationwide in 2018.

Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) on Thursday, 22 February 2018 - Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies with Steve Lake with the Zillow Photography Program.

And, Join the Virtual Studio Audience to ask Steve questions.

By the end of the show, you will know everything you need to know to get started with Zillow 3D Home tours, including:

✓ How to make money marketing this add-on Zillow and Trulia service to agents and brokers
✓ How to to create a Zillow 3D Home tour using the Zillow 3D Home iOS app using an iPhone
✓ How to edit your Zillow 3D Home tour; publish it to a listing to help an agent attract buyers
✓ How to embed the Zillow 3D Home tour on your website and/or agent's website
✓ How the Zillow 3D Home fits into the existing 3D tour landscape

✓ How to use the Zillow 3D Home Dashboard to edit and publish your tour (including linking between 360ºs)
✓ How Zillow Cloud processing works
✓ Suggested gear/accessories (Tripod, Rotating Head and iPhone mount) (free hosting / free storage)
✓ Why Zillow moves 3D Home tours to the top of Zillow search results
✓ Why Zillow notifies hundreds of potential buyers via email when your 3D Home tour is published

✓ How Zillow will help your real estate agents win new clients (and how that works)
✓ How home buyers can search for listings that include 3D Home Tours
✓ While agents could DIY Home 3D Tours, why Zillow is reaching out to photographers
✓ How long does it take to capture a 3,000 SQ FT home
✓ How to become a Zillow Certified Photographer

✓ How to create a photographer profile on Zillow
✓ Best practices for shooting 360ºs (including some "do not's"
✓ Check list before shooting
✓ Tips for capturing 360º in different size rooms
✓ How to connect 360ºs into a tour

✓ How you will know that your Zillow 3D Home Tour is ready to review
✓ How to edit label names
✓ How to change the directional arrows
✓ How to make the Zillow 3D Tour live on Zillow
✓ How to add a collaborator for post production
✓ The difference between a Zillow Certified Pro and Zillow Select Pro

Best,

Dan

P.S. Zillow 3D Home Links

Zillow 3D Home
Zillow 3D Home Instructional Guide
Zillow 3D Home FAQs
Zillow 3D Home Guidelines
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
One thing I know is that iPhones have destroyed certain segments of the photography business. Ask any millennial if they see much need for a professional photographer most will say no, I have an iPhone. So I have to wonder what iPhone will do to Matterport business?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@rzphotoman

Democratization of 3D photography will create more opportunities for Pros.

Be sure to tune-in to decide if Zillow 3D Home is a threat or an opportunity.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) on Thursday, 22 February 2018 - Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies with Steve Lake with the Zillow Photography Program.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Reminder

Hi All,

Watch WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) tomorrow, Thursday, 22 February 2018 - Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies with Steve Lake with the Zillow Photography Program.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

My guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) tonight Thursday 22, February 2018 are:

✓ Steve Lake from the Zillow Photography Program
✓ Allison Light, Zillow Group Senior Product Manager

The topic for the show is: Zillow 3D Home Tour for Newbies

Zillow is likely to roll-out Zillow 3D Home tour service nationwide in 2018.

Found out how and why to shoot a Zillow 3D Home.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Zillow 3D Home for Newbies: Get Ready National Launch with Zillow’s Steve Lake and Alison Light

Hi All,

Zillow 3D Home will start rolling out across the US later in 2018.

You can take it for a spin today, anywhere in the US.

Best,

Dan

P.S. The video should finish processing by 8:30 pm EST today (Thursday, 22 Feb. 2018)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
So, when the home is sold, does Zillow then keep the 3D home online indefinitely? Yes. See 54:50.

What if I want to embed a Zillow 3D home on my site and use it with a 3rd party service? Fair game?

I'm being silly, but I'm not.

This is an example of a company creating an open database of '3D Homes' that will have a life beyond the sale of the property that will contain the furnishings of the previous owner (much like the MLS images that are on Zillow indefinitely -- unless removed by request of the home owner, right?)

I think that this is an interesting product by which we can compare other business models to.

Big difference is that the unpublish button sounds like it does truly delete the tour...

Time to go buy an iPhone (was wanting a Pixel, but that seems to not be an option with this)... as this seems like a great way to increase my DSLR photography business and perhaps the same client wants a Matterport tour ALSO! Who knows?

You know, this first version looks basic, but the inhome tracking of where one is is very iGuide like ...

There's something that you might not know about Allison Light from this video -- she has an impressive resume.

Watch the video below and imagine what Allison is bringing to the table from her background and what this means for future iterations of Zillow's concept.

Jump to 7:20... sound familiar?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I was intrigued enough about the Zillow 3d concept that I signed up and purchased the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 gimbal to help create the videos. Seems a no brainer, but so did being MSP 2 months ago when I bought the Pro 2.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @eggardner
I watched that but couldn't figure out why realtors wouldn't just do this themselves with their iPhones once they see you do it once? Maybe it was addressed and I missed it as I was multi-tasking while watching.

You we're focused on my every word? Nearly half of all real estate agents would prefer to engage Pro, according to Zillow. I have asked them for more info about the study. Additionally, there's some secret sauce magic in how best to (successfully and easily) shoot a Zillow 3D Home. Watch for it in the video.

Think of it as just another tool in your tool box. It might be in addition to Matterport ("Would you like fries with that?" to in lieu of Matterport on a low price house where the budget is not there for charging for Matterport. You can embed a Zillow 3D Home else where with iFrame. Presently, Zillow is testing 3D Home in Phoenix. Anyone in the US can test now.

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
CharetteImaging private msg quote post Address this user
I find this incredibly intriguing.

Matterport may have the "wow" factor with the 3D dollhouse view, but otherwise this comes very close to a Matterport tour, at essentially no cost.

Zillow 3D could be a powerful differentiator to win clients over with. Tack this on to a 2D photoshoot for free, or charge $20-40 at 100% profit.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@CharetteImaging This is exactly what I'm thinking I'm wanting to bundle this solution with my other services. Sounds like it's easy enough to do and it would be my hope to always sell a Zillow Tour with DSLR photos AND Matterport Tours and Floorplans --

I'm giving this new product two thumbs up and am VERY excited that Dan established a relationship with them.

I've bumped Zillow's product up to the 2nd most powerful way to use panoramas with Real Estate. It's not (now) as advanced as some of the other platforms -- but the ease of creation, its strategic placement and the end product achieves a perfect value proposition.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101704 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?