Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV

Matterport to Google Street View is Easy!6287

HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport to Google Street View is ridiculously easy.

I was babysitting my art co-op yesterday, fielding the hoard of 4 people who swarmed in all day. Looking for something to do, I decided to add the Brunswick Studio to GSV.

Once I accessed the processed tour, it took every bit of 30 seconds to add it to the world. It was accessible almost immediately, took maybe an hour for the views to link efficiently, and overnight for the outside sweep to appear from the Google camera view.

This is amazing.

@31.1480521,-81.4949797,3a,75y,261.42h,86.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s80XUGCVV8lH68-1Fr-77DA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656" target="_blank">https://www.google.com/maps/@31.1480521,-81.4949797,3a,75y,261.42h,86.35t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s80XUGCVV8lH68-1Fr-77DA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Post 1 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing!! Really nice!
The link was not clickable.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
So what's got me most curious is that it would seem that your pano is actually connected to the Street View car shoot and that had stopped happening back when Google moved all the imagery over to the new platform and they'd made it clear that this connection would not continue.

Is this strictly a Matterport upload thing? Do you know? Is the connectivity of tours the core street view shoot coming back?

Very curious. This was both a good and bad thing in the past. We had issues where you would have two neighbouring businesses with connections to the same car pano id and that would mess up who could come off of street view and go inside and who could not.

Following...
Post 3 IP   flag post
All MP. The scan was done and uploaded yesterday. that's all I can tell you.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If you don't mind I'm going to open this discussion up amongst SV pro community.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Why would I mind? And tell me how to generate shortcode while you're at it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I think Marc is correct.looks like they phased it out in August 2016?
However by using a Matterport camera this is the open door from gsv to google business view.

I found this link mentioning this:
clickable text
Post 7 IP   flag post
I could not get the link clickable.. google thing?
I just cut n pasted starting at the https: and it worked!

I just love the feeling as you are walking down the street and into the art studio! So immersive.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Even the referred text is a bit vague (typical Google-speak). What this refers to is that back some time ago there was supposedly confusion between see inside and see outside monikers on the images below the map icon in the knowledge graph. Although none of us SV photographers found that to be true, it became a 'reason' for Google to get rid of it and at the same time, disconnect the tours from the rest of Street View maps.

My take is that it was far more of a technical issue they didn't know how to resolve while needing to move all the past 360 business imagery over to some new platform. As a result, the two, business photos and street view would be very difficult to connect... but probably not impossible, just in the 'too hard for now' basket.

At least that's my take on it. But quite possibly, something with the way that matterport's publishing platform works may resolve it, maybe needing a street view pano id as a reference or something? Again, I'm confused, but at the same time I do hope this opens the door for standard dslr panos to start reconnecting to the car shoots, just as long as it doesn't mess up issues of using the same id for multiple businesses and then, not knowing which business to send you to.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The whole point of that 'walking off the street and right into a business' was one of the big attractions for some businesses, not all, but some. And yes it does make it more immersive. Just as long as you step off the street view and end up in the business you're expecting to go into and not the one next door. I have 2 shoots where that was happening. Not a good look!
Post 10 IP   flag post
you have to do an outside scan visible from the car as I understand it. which I did here, of course. i'm having very good luck with scanning outside lately.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Sorry short code....

You need to start by looking at the tour from the maps view.
1. Click on the 3 dot menu on the right edge of the image id in the top left of your screen
2. Click on 'share or embed image' and select the short code from there.

It's pretty basic but better than nothing. If you want to go better:

3. Click on 'embed image' instead and select the iframe code. You can manually resize it by looking for the pixel width and height and make it fit as you please.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright

Please see this WGAN Forum post:

How to Find the Google Street View Short Code

So that when you share a link, it looks like this: https://goo.gl/maps/hKzWdf9KL8p
(And then can easily be embedded in the WGAN Forum using the pull-down for 3D Tour.)

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@HarlanHambright
@Marc

Please see this WGAN Forum Discussion:

Tips: How to Connect Matterport to GSV to Street View

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
I uploaded several theta pans last year of the same place. They are invisible in street view but are accessible from the map view.
Post 15 IP   flag post
clickable text

link to stewdio tour for on-line comparison per request
Post 16 IP   flag post
I notice the Matterport looks much brighter than Google.

Good for artifacts, bad for reflective surfaces.

See

Another example, can see one is over exposed.. this may have to do with the MP inferred cameras?
They DO always suggest shooting at dusk...

But regardless, all is usable, really good tour!
Thank you!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@advancedhdr I've heard rumblings that this is a Safari bug. How does it compare using Chrome on Mac?
Post 18 IP   flag post
101646 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?