Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DJIMobile 1Mobile 2OSMOStabilizer

DJI OSMO Mobile 2 - with Panoramas6240

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
This ... is truly remarkable!

https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-2

I might actually want to get a better smartphone now, as I believe with this amazing gimbal and its software, I could create some pretty amazing video clips and home walk throughs!
Post 1 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Metroplex360,

I have been proud owner of Osmo, OsmoPlus, the Osmo Mobile AND... an M1

The M1 or Mobile is 10x the build quality over the Mobile2.

Also, the head is detachable to allow other DJI cameras as well as Z Axis and even external mics.

Bottom line, if you are thinking on the M2, get the M1 or Mobile instead as they are more pro level.

Here are some good examples of how you can use inside..

Here is the M1
clickable text

The Osmo Mobile is sold out but you can select the Home Delivery version for free. ( was $300, now $200! )
clickable text

Hope this helps!
Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
The new verion will be exclusive to Apple stores first. Great price point, but they took out the metal and it’s all plastic, but great price point.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@TrustedPhotoDC It's really inexpensive! That's one thing that caught my eye. I'm wanting a single purpose device that I'll use for both personal things (I have five kids and they all have their own school musicals every year that I record shaky videos of).

Now I just need to consider getting a phone with a decent phone I'm rocking a Moto G5 Plus, which I -adore- because of how cheap it was and how long the battery lasts. Camera is just ok.
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
@TrustedPhotoDC It's really inexpensive! That's one thing that caught my eye. I'm wanting a single purpose device that I'll use for both personal things (I have five kids and they all have their own school musicals every year that I record shaky videos of).

Now I just need to consider getting a phone with a decent phone I'm rocking a Moto G5 Plus, which I -adore- because of how cheap it was and how long the battery lasts. Camera is just ok.

$129 great price and then add some of the best mobile phone lenses clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I have the Exolens kit. And my Osmo mobile cant balance because of the weight. You get cheaper glass that clips on for the wider shots, there was a guy on youtube showing how he hacked this not bad footage he made but a lot of work in post. I would rather recommend the Osmo Pro.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard You can try and put magnets on the arm of the OSMO Mobile to help it balance with the lenses. I've seen people tape weight to it just to balance an iPhone 8. Just help it out a little.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@frsbubble, thank you, I will give it a go. Won't the extra weight put strain on the motors, heat them up and drain the battery quicker. As it must work harder with the added weight?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I am going to a DJI event today. They are launching the New Mavick Air. I will ask the DJI representative regarding this matter.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
@Gerhard I don't think it will put THAT MUCH extra strain on motors. The motors get strained when it is not balanced properly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Here's a very positive review of the Osmo 2 comparing it to the original and its use for practical things.

https://gizmodo.com/djis-new-osmo-gimbal-is-the-rare-phone-accessory-thats-1822300706
Post 11 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Metroplex,

Osmo2 is worth it, but for only $70 bucks more, the Osmo Mobile is much better build quality.
( one is a nylon/plastic, other is aluminum. )

And I consider them a great tools for inside pans, time-lapse, flyins, even product tracking while you are on a small dolly.. Using the DJI software you can push in via the trigger and push forward on the stick, you can pitch up or down more...

Another tool: You can lock on an image ( person or kitchen sink ) while you are pushing around the kitchen it will stay fixed on the subject. This is EPIC for the Mattertags. ( shoot a fireplace or sink )

Remember, even DJI top drone camera ( Inspire2, Inspire1, ALL Phantom and even the Mavic Pro, Mavic Air use metal material, not plastic.

It the price difference was $300 and $130, no brainer, but its only $70 difference now. I if they are not already sold out!!

You won't regret the Osmo Mobile.

This is my favorite video 100% shot on the mobile mobile.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
Just an update to what I posted yesterday about the first generation.
Moment Counterweights Let You Use Lenses with the DJI Osmo Mobile
Post 13 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
A friend of mine doing videos is sometimes just using his "handheld" drone.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101428 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?