Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,048 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansProblemsReal EstateScanning

Out of the Loop, Can someone help?6237

KenBanks private msg quote post Address this user
Im sure all of these questions are answered in here somewhere and I read through a ton of posts last night but I feel like Im really out of the loop here. Ive been using the Matterport for over 2 years now for my real estate business. After the model uploaded, we would download the obj and send it to a 3rd party company to render our floor plans for $30. Obviously thats changed and Im not going to voice my opinion on that because I read some pretty heated posts last night that I want to avoid.

So what are my options now for floor plans? Do they come included in the MatterPak or am i just now paying $49 for the OBJ?

Also I see they've made the camera faster, but do I have to pay for that update?? Thats a serious question too... Very surprised at these recent updates..

Thanks in advance!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
You can order floorplans directly from Matterport for $14.99.

Just go into my.matterport, select your model and click on get schematic floor plan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@KenBanks We have plan to make OBJ transfer application that will turn Matterport Showcase Mesh to OBJ file.

Would you please refer below post and send support email to JuMP team?

We are not Silent Lamb, we can have free OBJ
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

@KenBanks

Above graphic shows what Matterport is including in its MatterPak.

Here are WGAN Forum discussions tagged: MatterPak

Here are 3rd Party Service Providers - WGAN Premium Members - that can create 2D Floor Plans for you:

Blue-Sketch ( @PetraSoderling with Blue-Sketch)
MP2FP ( Robin Lycka with @MP2FP )

About the Camera being faster, it's still in a beta version of the Matterport Camera firmware (v623), as of today (26 January 2018), unless someone wants to correct me.

Please see:

Fast Matterport Scan... Wow!
Matterport Firmware Beta V623 versus 620?

There is no extra charge for the camera scanning faster.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
KenBanks private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@KenBanks If you are not happy with Matterport's floor plans you might want to try Blue-Sketch. @PetraSoderling does a really good job and brands them as you want or don't want.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the mention @frstbubble
Post 7 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I really would love that we make some "Noise" to get back a free OBJ as the quality is still low. Nothing I would pay 49 USD just to be able to play around for workflows and testing.

Another very sad move in my personal opinion which will just create more unhappy customers like the ones who bought a 134MP cam and then gettinh a 8.39 MP panorama download, which can be made better with nearly every low-cost 360 camera.
Post 8 IP   flag post
imad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mori
Another very sad move in my personal opinion which will just create more unhappy customers like the ones who bought a 134MP cam and then gettinh a 8.39 MP panorama download, which can be made better with nearly every low-cost 360 camera.

What is that about?
you mean one can't download the Pro2 Panoramas with full resolution?
Post 9 IP   flag post
101588 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?