Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingScanningVideo

Matterport Video: 3,100 SQ FT in 72 Minutes6170

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: "Matterport Pro2 Camera | Easy-to-Use Reality Capture" | video courtesy of Matterport

Hi All,

In this new Matterport marketing video published today (18 January 2018), they show and tell about scanning a 3,100 SQ Ft house in 1 hour and 12 minutes.

How long does it take you to scan a house this size?

Best,

Dan

P.S. I would like to see the Matterport Spaces 3D Tour used in this example. Please post if you stumble upon it ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe I level my camera way to much. Every time I move it I level it. I don't see her leveling it at all.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Newbie here but from what I am told if you level it once you are good! As long as there is not some major change in floor level. Some where I saw 15 degrees as the tolerance.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow I've been wasting a lot of time. I use a tripod dolly and that makes everything so much faster than picking it up and moving it. But the new software and 15 degree variance is a game changer for me.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
At 1:40 in this video - while she is scanning right in front of a bathroom mirror - the narrator voice talks about "to create a completely immersive experience". This is ridiculous! And it make me wonder, if executives at Matterport still use their own product or if they have ever used it. They seem to have lost connection.

And I make a bet, that Matterport will not succeed with this current marketing strategy, which focuses on selling 100.000 camera units to realtors worldwide.

One reason is that [redacted] tour experiences (with many camera reflections) will not help to sell more cameras.

And the other reason is, that realtors focus on selling houses not on taking pictures.

And in the end it is always the photographer who makes the quality of a tour experience - not the system.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure I agree MeshImages but fair points.

Many industries are being disrupted with advent of different tech. Realtors will soon be disrupted by Blockchain too.

They need to adapt. They will.

If Matterport Strategy is to sell to estate agents directly then that means as an MSP we are in direct competition with realtors.

Therefore we must find other verticals or be a preferred partner of a particular realtor.

Where did you get your info from about their marketing strategy? Having spoken to UK marketing leads that is not the case here.

Angus
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Aren't the tripod legs shown in this video going to show up in the pano? Shouldn't she be using the center column and retracting one of the leg sections?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I moved some of the posts to ...

Brain Teaser: What would you do differently?

... so that this discussion can be about ...

How long does it take you to scan a house this size?

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
It is definitely possible to scan a space that size in the time indicated. This is especially true now that fast capture is available. For me, I average 25-35 scans per 1000 sqft. It takes me an average of 50 seconds for each scan (without fast capture enabled). With fast capture, I could potentially do a scan every 30-35 seconds. So it would be possible to scan 1000 sqft every 13-20 minutes.

That being said, I do not level the tripod every scan and I use a ball head and eyeball level when needed.
Post 9 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I need about 15 minutes for initial setup, opening doors, turning on lights and property walkthrough for tour design.

And then I will probably need another 2,5 to 3,0 hours (without fast capture) for scanning a multi-level property of this size including several exterior shots and double checking that all important features are properly marked.

My guess for this property is a large model with 130 scanpoints plus 10 or more 360 views depending on garden, pool, garage, etc.

Probably 3h in total.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
This is interesting but I think not leveling at all could potentially lead to issues! I'm looking forward to the new hyper speed its going to make my life just that much better!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101424 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?