Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrandingMarketing

How did you decide to name your company?6150

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

How did you decide your company name?

I wanted a company name that tells our story in a fun way without limited ourselves to 3D or VR (or even a specific brand).

We Get Around "works" for 3D and VR - without using these terms. For example, I like how Netflix was not tied to DVDs.

The downside of We Get Around, it's not unique for Google searches and the domain WeGetAround.com would have cost $5,000 so we opted for We-Get-Around.com ...

I would like to hear how you decided on your company name ...

Best,

Dan

P.S. I originally asked this question here two years ago. Thought it was time to re-ask ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
ThePhilOnMatt private msg quote post Address this user
STRUCTURA 3D

I wanted to have a name that would be easy to pronounce in English and French since I am from Québec, Canada. I also wanted to have a name that would "fit" in all markets (AEC, Design, Houses etc..)

www.structura3d.com
That's my short story.
Have a great day
Philippe
Post 2 IP   flag post
VRimpact private msg quote post Address this user
We wanted to maximise the impact of Virtual Reality for business and commercial uses. When we looked we compiled a list of names but we found the VRImpact fit and was available for company registration. Never looked back since.
Although we are Matterport providers, we have been keen to stay away from property market and focus on building business relations to find out how VR can help them. Its been an exciting journey for sure!

www.VRImpact.co.uk
Post 3 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
My company name (PhiSigma Interactive) is the consequence of serendipity.

It started when I launched my original company in Madrid (import-export of consumer electronics). My last name is Fantin and my wife's is Silva, so FS would be the natural, and unimaginative, name to start with.

When I tried to register the name in the public registry of corporations, I found out that it was already taken (I guess that there were more unimaginative people than me). So I started thinking and sudeenly I remembered my physics and calculus classes at college, and then...the letter F was transformed in the Greek PHI and the S into Sigma. Bingo!

So it was PHI-SIGMA SL in Spain and when I moved back to Argentina it was....you guessed it: PHI-SIGMA ARGENTINA SRL.

After quitting our import-export business, we started working in virtual tours.

As we say that we are in the business of providing interactive experiences across all platforms, we added the Interactive word to the name and hence PhiSigma Interactive.

Of course I explored a lot of alternatives (Aleph - inspired from a Jorge Luis Borges short story when a person finds a point in space where he can see the whole universe - something like a mega 360 view of everything...), and the classic 3D this, and 3D that, VR something and 360 etc, but soon I realized that as this is a BtoB business it wasn´t so important to have a catchy name.

In fact, when it comes to BtoB I believe that the singularity of your name helps you to differentiate from all the 360s, VRs and 3Ds of the world.

But as I always say: this is not science...it can fail.

www.phisigmainteractive.com
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
What and who we are "Premier Images 3D"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
We started as a virtual reality services company called VR Bilisim but we were looking for a more atractive brand name. After several options, we choose our brand name "Dream Reality" which inspired by our motto: "Everything you dream"
www.dreamreality.com.tr
Post 6 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
How about "Dream 3D Realty" you might what to think about saying you do more that just Realty...
Just my 2 cents...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I live in what is known as the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex... and I provide panorama solutions ... originally with a 0-360.com one-shot, then DSLR, and now Matterport / Google Street View.

I like having a regionally based company name as I believe it does well for scaling. My team members have a simple name that they can represent in the field and our website and e-mail addresses are short and simple. I'm hoping to keep scaling
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
I would to hear more examples!

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101429 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?