Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVGSV17Pro1Pro2

Matterport: Faster Scanning for Pro and Pro26110

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: Matterport's Capture Firmware Update | Video Courtesy of Matterort YouTube Channel

Hi All,

Matterport just published a press release about beta testing Capture and Publish to Google Street View.

"In addition to expanding its distribution capabilities, Matterport has dramatically shortened the already brief onsite time it takes to capture a Matterport 3D Space, increasing the ROI for customers by reducing the labor cost for content creation. This latest camera firmware update speeds up the camera rotation, enabling customers to scan spaces in a fraction of the time. The speed increase comes from a free firmware update, requires no additional equipment, and will work for all Pro2 and Pro Matterport cameras. The quality of 2D imagery and 3D data will remain unchanged. Check out this video to see just how much faster the Matterport camera can scan."

Best,

Dan

---
Google Street View Publishing and Faster Space Capture Increase ROI for Matterport Customers Across Multiple Industries
Sunnyvale, Calif., January 10, 2018 -- Matterport, an immersive 3D media technology company, today announced open betas for publishing to Google Street View and new camera firmware enabling faster space capture. These two significant initiatives are expected to create more business opportunities for Matterport’s thousands of customers across numerous industries, including restaurants, retail, travel and hospitality, real estate, and architecture, construction and engineering.

Google Street View Publishing

With Matterport’s rollout of Google Street View publishing capabilities, Matterport users will be able to quickly create and publish a Google Street View experience from any Matterport 3D Space with the click of a button. Matterport 3D Spaces can now be exported to show up on Google Maps, Google Earth, and the mobile Street View application as fully linked panoramic photo tours, driving additional traffic to businesses' websites. Clients get the best of both worlds, leveraging the highly immersive Matterport 3D experience of a company’s space on their website and publishing a 360 tour on Street View.

“Google Street View publishing and faster space capture are two of the many initiatives that greatly increase the value of Matterport for camera operators, as well as businesses that want to use Google to drive people to their websites,” said Bill Brown, Matterport CEO. “Matterport is the solution of choice for all types of businesses because our automation makes it easy for anyone to quickly capture a space and get a high-quality 3D environment. Now this content can be experienced as a Matterport immersive 3D environment on a business’ website and can also be used to published as a Google Street View experience on Google Maps, Google Earth, or mobile Street View.”

Publishing a Google Street View experience from a Matterport 3D Space only takes a few minutes and enables Matterport Service Partners to expand their services by providing superior walkthroughs for clients and prospective customers. Google Street View photographers can rely on Matterport for a faster and easier publishing process. Since creation of a 3D space is automated, there is no need to manually stitch 360 panoramas, place and orient each of them on a map, and manually link the tours together. Photographers now only need a Matterport camera to get the job done, as opposed to using 360 and DSLR cameras, which often require additional equipment and software.

Faster Space Capture to Increase ROI for Camera Owners

In addition to expanding its distribution capabilities, Matterport has dramatically shortened the already brief onsite time it takes to capture a Matterport 3D Space, increasing the ROI for customers by reducing the labor cost for content creation. This latest camera firmware update speeds up the camera rotation, enabling customers to scan spaces in a fraction of the time. The speed increase comes from a free firmware update, requires no additional equipment, and will work for all Pro2 and Pro Matterport cameras. The quality of 2D imagery and 3D data will remain unchanged. Check out this video to see just how much faster the Matterport camera can scan.

As the only automated all-in-one solution, Matterport empowers users to generate cutting-edge 3D experiences, high-resolution 2D photography, and a wide range of other shareable assets that can be used to differentiate businesses in the market and improve customer experiences.

For more information about Google Street View, please click here. For more information about the firmware update, click here.

About Matterport

Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, Matterport is an immersive media technology company that delivers an end-to-end system for creating, modifying, distributing, and navigating immersive 3D and virtual reality (VR) versions of real-world spaces on Web, mobile devices, and VR headsets. The Matterport Pro Camera and Cloud Services make it quick and easy to turn real-world places into immersive virtual experiences. More information about Matterport is available at www.matterport.com.

Source: Matterport
Post 1 IP   flag post
TheChief private msg quote post Address this user
With open Beta, when can we expect to see the option for our spaces?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
It should be a pretty simple option to enable for your account, so I don't know why it would take very long to add people to the beta. The first few days will probably see a big rush of people signing up so it might take a few days at first.

I've been part of the early beta for this feature, and I've been very happy with it.

Craig
Post 3 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Is there any reason not to sign up for the Beta?

@craigsauer Have you had any troubles? Seems like speeding up the scan would cause quality to decrease but they are saying no!?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

@TheChief
@craigsauer
@Matt19

Here is the link to sign up for Matterport Public Beta of Publish to Google Street View.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19
Is there any reason not to sign up for the Beta?

@craigsauer Have you had any troubles? Seems like speeding up the scan would cause quality to decrease but they are saying no!?

I can only speak for myself and my experience (there was no "beta group" to discuss our experience with) but the only problem I had was from a software issue that caused alignment errors (failure to align) with larger numbers of scans. That was resolved, and I've had no problems at all since then.

Here's a recent job I did with my Pro 2 with Fast Capture Enabled:

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=s98iCgSzC9P

It's not a "Wow" kind of house, but you can see the quality of the image and tour, I think.

Craig
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Credit when and where it is due and there is p-l-e-n-t-y where it is due, especially to those doing the nuts and bolts hard technical labor behind the scenes. Right on Matterport!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@craigsauer How much faster is "Fast Capture"?
Post 8 IP   flag post
@craigsauer Yeah looks great! I was wondering if you don't mind sharing...I see you were able to take the tour outside. Just wondering how you were able to do that in the porch area but not any further? Is it because you have reference points around you (ie side of house). And the sky appears to be overcast so I would guess that helps too!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonvanzweel
@craigsauer How much faster is "Fast Capture"?

I put a stopwatch to the camera rotation and got 18 seconds.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Quote:
@craigsauer Yeah looks great! I was wondering if you don't mind sharing...I see you were able to take the tour outside. Just wondering how you were able to do that in the porch area but not any further? Is it because you have reference points around you (ie side of house). And the sky appears to be overcast so I would guess that helps too!

Yeah, I was only able to do the porch area because it was in shade at the time of the job. One good thing about winter is that the sun doesn't come up so high in the sky during the day and there's more shaded areas outside! I don't think overcast sky actually helps very much, because the clouds don't block much IR, which is the big problem with doing outdoor scans for Matterport.

Craig
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19 Matterport only captures data when it stops in each of the 6 position. So by speeding up the time between the stops it will increase capture speed but should not affect anything else.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Matt19

If the Camera can see the sun, you can not scan successfully. Clouds do NOT block the sun for the IR tech.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360 Now that is funny! And that's how you scan! LOL!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Metroplex360 Now that is funny! And that's how you scan! LOL!

Well, it's different when you're taking a video on your cell phone. I wanted to truly keep up with the pace of the camera.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport FAQ: Fast Capture Beta (And to

Matterport Form: Join the Matterport Fast Capture Beta
Post 17 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone else still waiting on this beta update? I still haven't got mine yet, I signed up 8 hours after it was announced.
Post 18 IP   flag post
101435 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?