Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
NewsroOomyVirtual Staging

roOomy Announces Matterport Collaboration5991

Riaan private msg quote post Address this user
SAN JOSE, Calif. and SUNNYVALE, Calif. – Dec. 18, 2017 – roOomy, a leading virtual staging and 3D modeling platform, today announced its collaboration with Matterport, an immersive 3D media technology company, to develop first-to-market solutions that integrate its virtual staging offering with Matterport’s immersive 3D media platform. Currently under development in pilot phase with multiple partners, and expected to roll out later in 2018, roOomy’s virtual staging will allow Matterport customers to virtually furnish spaces including apartments or homes, providing property managers or real estate agents the ability to cost effectively display units in a furnished state, and enabling renters and buyers to make more informed, confident decisions during their search for a residence.

The collaboration between roOomy and Matterport is due to a growing demand by customers for virtual staging of 3D spaces across industries, in particular within multifamily. Property managers, for example, will be able to use virtual staging instead of physically staging model apartments, allowing renters to easily decide on flooring and furniture upgrades and customizations for multifamily units. Interior designers can more easily work with customers to design living spaces.

Benefiting from the growing adoption of Matterport’s platform, top retailers such as Wayfair, Amazon, Havertys and Houzz that are featured on the roOomy platform, will be able to offer shopping capabilities and allow for the purchase or rental of furnishings displayed within the virtual staging feature. Consumers will not only benefit from the dynamic environment but will also be able to browse the product details within each space and click to shop when they see something they like.

“Our mission at roOomy is to break down the visualization barriers that often accompany the home buying or renting process, while also making it easier and more enjoyable to shop for your new space when it’s time to move,” said Pieter Aarts, co-founder and CEO of roOomy. “We are the market leaders in virtual staging. This new collaboration with Matterport eliminates the many hurdles and extra steps that often come with physical staging and allows buyers and renters to see and feel an optimized rendition of the listing from anywhere.”

“Matterport is digitizing the world’s spaces, moving toward a day when any space can be shared or modified online via Web, mobile, VR, or AR. Our collaboration with roOomy is exciting as it demonstrates the extensibility of the Matterport platform. Enabling roOomy to build a virtual staging app using our platform will transform how real spaces are experienced, allowing users to easily personalize a space and visualize any changes made to it,” said Bill Brown, Matterport CEO. “We anticipate the utility and lifespan of a Matterport 3D Space to grow with valuable applications such as this.”

Source: Matterport
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! The quality is incredible!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
That's a true game changer. Awesome!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@PieterAarts Congratulations!

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
"roOomy’s virtual staging will allow Matterport customers to virtually furnish spaces"

RoOomy offers an App that allows people to trace the geometry in a 2D image and then place furniture inside. With Matterport, 3D geometry can already be overlaid on a panorama.

https://rooomy.com/interior-design

It would be possible for RoOomy to build out their platform as a component of the Matterport Cloud and to charge a usage fee for each model that we add furniture to.

This would mean that we would be able to have full control over what pieces we add and where they are added. This adds huge value to collaborator accounts and opens up the market for virtual staging as a service that MSPs provide -- and that some MSPs will provide to other MSPs.

As far as pricing goes - I would assume that it's a flat fee regardless of the size of the model. This is how Schematic Floorplans works, amazingly enough. Matterport like to keep it simple and I would assume that paying a usage fee of the platform per model makes sense to both Matterport and RoOomy as a sustainable way to roll out this platform and keep innovation accessible to anyone who wants to experience it.

--

If we truly are able to virtually furnish spaces via an interface, consider these applications:

#1) Attaching a picture / sign / or other object in front of a mirror to hide the camera.
#2) Attaching picture / sign / etc to a wall to cover up stitching errors.
#3) Removing yourself from a scene that you wandered into by mistake by adding in a plant.
#4) Hiding trash cans, wires and other objects that are not visually appealing with better objects.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
The Matterport Pro-2 Camera is capable of DSLR quality imagery. While lighting conditions and processing can sometimes make or break whether this is really true -- Matterport Virtual Staging will turn the equation upside down.

With Matterport Virtual Staging, you will be able to offer DSLR Quality Virtual Staged Images. This is HUGE.

I've provided snapshots ilo DSLR photos a few times. My clients preferred DSLR photos each time. This being said, there are a number of ways that you can succeed with snapshots.

#1) Create a second set of scans solely for snapshots at the end of your scan. Lower the tripod to counter height (my recommendation) and position in places that you would normally shoot photos, but not necessarily place the Matterport.
#2) On upload, create two models. Disable the scans used for photos for the walkthrough tour that you will present our client. Use the second tour for your snapshots. You can remove it after the project is done.
#3) Not a Photoshop Pro? Consider using a 3rd party processing sevice such as Photo Sparc [@JonJ], PhotoUp, or a trusted Fiverr.com pro.

Mileage varies. A Digital SLR camera allows photographers to easily get the angle they want and to stretch any RAW image to look amazing. The camera itself handles lighting situations better than a Matterport can -- and these tools are hard to do without. With a Matterport Camera, you are in possession of a digital camera that generates amazing images -- under the right conditions. Matterport's processing can sometimes get color wrong when there are mixed light sources -- or not enough light. If you're going to be a PRO at snapshots and Virtual Staging was the excuse you need, you might become a lighting expert in 2018 in order to capture the best source materials.

For what it's worth -- it might make your Matterport Spaces even better

As a sidenote, there are also companies that will do virtual staging in photographs -- including RoOomy via their App.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'll contain my excitement for when Matterport gets this functionality on their own as I can't afford the middle man.

As far as I can tell this is their pricing for just virtual staging photos:

So what will the Matterport virtual staging cost?!

There's no way I can upsell this to my clientele.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Queen_City_3D

Rooomy has an app that allows this. It's my guess that they will add this to the Workshop platform and charge a usage fee per model.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rooomy.tango&hl=en
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rooomy/id569414637?mt=8

At the end of Rooomy's press release, they close by inviting people to experience their platform --

"More information about roOomy is available at www.rooomy.com, and users can experience their platform today on iPad or iPhone app)."

... which indicates to me that they indeed intend to bring their platform to Workshop.

I don't think that the price sheet that you saw is going to relate to the Matterport solution.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 If it's a platform that they give us control over then I'm definitely interested. If it's something that we have to farm out to them for an exorbitant price, then I'm not.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Lincoln, NB
PointCloudVR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
Enabling roOomy to build a virtual staging app using our platform will transform how real spaces are experienced, allowing users to easily personalize a space and visualize any changes made to it,” said Bill Brown, Matterport CEO. “We anticipate the utility and lifespan of a Matterport 3D Space to grow with valuable applications such as this.”
Enabling roOomy to build a virtual staging app )

using our platform will transform how real spaces are experienced, allowing users to easily personalize a space and visualize any changes made to it,” said Bill Brown, Matterport CEO. “We anticipate the utility and lifespan of a Matterport 3D Space to grow with valuable applications such as this.”
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?