Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
EzGifGIFsIceCream Screen RecorderScreenCastOMatic ProVideo

IceCream Screen Recorder, Anyone using?5949

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I caught the tail end of a Matterport Webinar today called "Matterport for Real Estate - December 2017"

There was a mention of the IceCream Screen Recorder being suggest to make additional Teazers or GIfs.

Has anyone used the IceCream software giving it a thumbs up or down? The page looks a little iffy for me on the Free Downloads.

I currently use ScreenCast-O-Matic Pro to make a video. Then go over to EzGif to make an animated gif.

Would this software be able to record straight to Gif? Does their version leave a logo like the free version of ScreenCast-O-Matic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @VTLV. I haven’t used Ice Cream but wondering what your experience is with ScreenCast? Are you experiencing any choppiness in your videos after screeen capture?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Hey @Snap, ScreenCast-O-matic works great.

It's pretty simple to hit the record button with a nice little count down to get started with different screen size and recording options. There's no lag holding up memory. The editing is pretty simple to use. I paid for the pro version for 3 years quite some time ago. Having their logo in the Free version wasn't cutting it.

So I'm Not experiencing anything bad with ScreenCast-O-Matic, it's a great product... for video screen capture. I was looking for a faster way to hover over a Matterport tour and pull out a quick Gif without having to go through too many more steps of making a video. Then saving, re-uploading and cutting the video down to a short enough piece for a Gif.

When my family interrupts me for any reason, I can be set back an hour or so before returning back to my desk. Then I take another who knows how long trying to catch back up to where I left off. So squeezing out one more thing in a minute or so can go a long way, where other projects never come to fruition.

I would like to one day, hit record, pull out an Mpeg4 and get immediately start working on a Gif without a bunch of hurdles. I find Gifs getting plenty of interaction on Social Media. So I thought I would toss out the word on IceCream before investing a bunch of time learning about it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
I see what you mean, thanks for your feedback!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV have you ever tried Snagit? It is cheap quick and easy at catching screenshots.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
@frstbubble, I have not tried Snagit. I see they have a trial version available. Costs a bit more than Screencast-O-Matic. I may give that a shot.

However, someone either on WGA or [elsewhere]. Had referred to a screen recording App now available on iPad. I’m going to go that way first since the iPad is so much smoother than a mouse or joystick or even the recording with a hand in the iPad shot.

Perhaps going for the smoother video is the more important element now vs gif ability. I’ll keep you guys posted.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Looks like Techsmith Capture App could work with Snagit.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101437 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?