Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseMultiple Floors

Viewer starts in the wrong place?59

JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I did a scan yesterday on a house with 3 stories and a finished basement. My first sweep was just inside the front door on the main floor. But when you start up the tour, it puts you in the same position, but on the second floor. I've sent email to Matterport support.

Has anyone else run into this? If so, how did you resolve it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Aaron private msg quote post Address this user
Hi John,

I have run into the same thing, but only worse. I did a scan on a two story house, and when the scan starts, it shoots straight into a shower on the second floor. This is very confusing for real estate agents. I have talked to Matterport about this and they say that even they don't have the ability to change the starting point yet. They did say that sometime in November they are going to add the ability to pick the starting sweep and even the starting viewing direction. I really hope this gets implemented soon. It really sucks when you start out in a shower on a 1.8 million dollar property.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
John, what about uploading it again to have it rebuilt? Maybe there was some type of glitch the first time?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for the comment, Aaron. By any chance, was the shower on the second floor directly above your initial sweep?

Glenda, I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I'll give it a shot.

I have to tell you, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to know that this can happen randomly.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Usually the showcase starts with scan 1-3 for me. And usually starts staring at a wall or door. But this scan was unique. It started as a failed scan of a 3,100 sqft new house. I say failed because I scanned the whole house to get to a mirrored hallway and was unable to get that hallway to scan. 30+ Unable to aligns later the agent had to leave. I've never had a scan not get completed.

I had a serious talk to Matterport about this. This was not going to fly when trying to run a company around scanning. They gave me some pointers, and I was able to convince the agent to let me try that hallway again. So went back at the same time of day, deleted the hallway leading up to the hallway of death, and re scanned it successfully. Yeah! But... Then I uploaded the fixed scan and BAM! The scan starts out in a bathroom behind a door. And no, it's not above the front door.

That is when I reached out to Matterport again. Asking if they could alter the starting point on their end, since I did not have that ability on my end. The answer from them was no. . So I had to deliver a scan to a high profile listing with it starting in a shower. Needless to say, doubt I'll get to do any more scans for that Agent.

Matterport did say that they are working on the ability to pick your starting sweep and even the starting direction. But this won't happen till sometime in Novemember. Well it's November, so I have my fingers crossed that this option appears soon.
Post 5 IP   flag post
As Glenda suggested, I uploaded the scan again (after adding a small, insignificant trim line outside the perimeter of the house). After processing, I checked the model. It starts in exactly the same place as the previous attempt. So it's not random; it's something in the model that's causing the system to choose a particular starting point.

All in all, this is a remarkable system. But I have to shake my head at some of the bonehead errors and omissions (random starting points, no way to delete models) on the part of Matterport.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
Which scan number did it start on?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
John, I know you created your just a few days ago. Aaron, when did this happen to you? Was it in the last few days? I'm wondering if this is being caused by a recent change on the server end ...
Post 8 IP   flag post
My scan happened a couple weeks ago. I just did a scan of the Hot Rod Garage and it picked the first sweep facing about 90% to the right of my preferred facing. Figured it was close enough for what the scan was needed for.
Post 9 IP   flag post
DRKNorth private msg quote post Address this user
I now have 4 scans under my belt, this is my observation.
Scan 1 - started in the basement of a 3 level house, viewer opens into the basement about 30 degrees to the right of where I had the camera pointed.
Scan 2 - (3 level 1 million $ home) started sweeps at the front entrance looking into the main room, viewer starts in the basement directly below the front entrance looking at a collection of life jackets!
Scan 3 - started in basement - viewer starts about 60 degrees to the right
Scan 4 -started on the main level entrance looking into the main room, viewer starts about 60 degrees to the right of where the camera was pointed, looking at a walking stick in the corner!

Matterport have to resolve this issue, when this tool is used to showcase any property the start point of the viewer in my opinion is crucial. Where is the promised resolution to this?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Chankane private msg quote post Address this user
I did a scan for a multi-million dollar condo. I started with scan 1 which is the entrance of the condo. However in showcase the first image is shows is the toilet on the 2nd floor. Ummmm.... Why? If the 2nd floor toilet can be a default for the first image to showcase, why can't the first scan on the first floor be default?
Post 11 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
You need to go into Workshop and find the starting point you want to launch the SC from. Take a picture of that starting point in WS and that will become your starting point from now on when you launch the SC. I hope that solve your problem.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Chankane private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
All of our scans (we've just started and have under a dozen so far) have started from random locations and none from the location where the scan began. We've been using Workshop to identify where we would like the tour to begin.
Post 14 IP   flag post
crullier private msg quote post Address this user
Good Morning everyone. If I am understanding correctly, we now have the ability to select the starting point?
Post 15 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, you need to go into Workshop and find the starting point you want to launch the SC from. Take a picture of that starting point in WS and that will become your starting point from now on when you launch the SC. I hope that solve your problem.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I am very new to this nomenclature, what is SC stand for?
Post 17 IP   flag post
That would be "showcase," the actual viewer you use to view a model.
Post 18 IP   flag post
yes I figured that after reading more threads. Thank you for replying.
Post 19 IP   flag post
101429 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?