Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceEmbedProblems

Opening the 3D Showcase within a mobile app.589

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
tejas_mithapelli private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys!! Need some help here!!

One of my clients has an android & iOS mobile App and wants to open the 3D Showcase within the App itself. Without being re-directed to any Browser or Matterport.Is there a way to get this done?? Has anyone come across any API for this.

Any Ideas???
Post 1 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @tejas_mithapelli. I'm afraid I'm not super familiar with the specifics on how someone might integrate a Showcase inside a native app. That said, plenty of other apps integrate content that is displayed inside an iframe....might just take some experimenting by your client to see what is/isn't working when it comes to the Matterport content.

At this point, I don't think anyone is aware of any sort of published Matterport API.

Keep us updated on what you end up learning!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Hey thanks @rpetersn !! Yes we are experimenting. Will surely share what i learn.
Post 3 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
It's very likely to be possible. Since Matterport app is just like any other Unity3D that runs on the web (it basically runs an HTML5 export from unity) all you'll need is to load it through a browser API from there you'll have options like fullscreen that you need to authorize on your app as well. One importante point is that you won't be able to cache the application inside the app, it's not possible today, you'll have to download it everytime you open the app again on the specific my.matterport.com model.

At my previous company, we implemented this framework bellow and worked well.. Try to create your app with unity3d itself (pretty common).
http://labs.awesomium.com/unity3d-integration-tutorial-part-1/

I'm curious as well for the results =)

Keep up posted!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Hey thanks man!! This really is a positive sign... We're trying out in the same direction good to know we're on the right track... Will keep posted.
Post 5 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Any good news here Tejas?

Best.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101429 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?