Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
White Balance

Matterport White Balance5838

Helen private msg quote post Address this user
I find the white balance of the Matterport camera is pretty much spot on for the most part. Does anyone know if it is set to a certain temperature or is it automatically adjusting depending on lighting?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@Helen - There has to be an algorithm that does the white balance. If it was a set color temp it would look different on various lighting types. I would agree that it is spot on. Funny thing is that most Real Estate DSLR photography is white balanced to make even incandescent bulbs look white which is not correct at all. I will say that it does look more pleasing though. Probably why it is done that way.

Funny side note, I took my Dad to get cataract surgery on Tuesday and when I took him home he said "Everything looks blue". In our follow up visit today the Dr told us that the cataracts have a yellow tint to them so he hasn't seen blue correctly for years! Then he told us a story about Monet and how his cataracts effected his art. Here is a little excerpt from an article about Monet.

Monet’s postoperative works are devoid of garish colours or coarse application and resemble his paintings from before 1914. The delicate colour schemes emphasising gentle blues and greens are consistent with the earlier pond and garden views. It is therefore unlikely that he had intentionally adopted the broader and more abstract style of his late paintings, reinforcing the argument that Monet’s late works were the result of cataracts and not conscious experimentation with a more expressionistic style. Nonetheless, it is his late works, created under the influence of his cataracts, that link impressionism with modern abstract art.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Post 2 IP   flag post
101432 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?