Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Zillow Listings Broken581

childert private msg quote post Address this user
Please check your Zillow listings. It seems Zillow has a glitch and all of our Zillow 3D Showcases have disappeared.

We contacted Matterport and Matterport said there have only been 3 complaints. If your listings are down please email listingsupport@zillow.com

Also if you don't mind I would love to know how many of you are affected.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Mine isn't showing either, good catch! Reporting immediately.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I would encourage everyone to get all your agents to email zillow as well since a lot of them are paying to be premiere agents and that is a big revenue stream for Zillow maybe they will listen and get this resolved quickly.

It is probably a good idea to email support at Matterport as well. We talked to them but it did not seem very urgent to them. If they have a 100 support requests about the same issue maybe it will light a fire under someone to work with Zillow and get this resolved.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Here is the email I got back from Matterport Support.

Hi Darla and Ty,

Excellent speaking with you!

We are aware of this issue, but do appreciate the heads-up/inquiry!

Please be assured that Matterport is working diligently and closely with Zillow to determine the display of our content.

If you wanted to contact Zillow customer support as well (probably a good idea to provide them with a few of the pages where your Matterport 3D Tours should be), I believe that's done using this form:

https://zillow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Another customer's reported back (from having written Zillow support) that they were told Zillow has a bug their Engineers are aware of and were working to fix.

We care very much about your experience, business, customers and can appreciate how frustrating this interruption must be.

If you wouldn't mind sharing a few of the URL's for the pages where your Zillow tours should still be with us too, please? Just to help monitor Zillow's progress as well?

In all cases I'm grateful for your communication and collaboration and hope your Zillow will be fixed soon!

In the meantime, if you have any other questions please send them on in!

Best,

Glenn
Matterport Support
Post 4 IP   flag post
edg1931 private msg quote post Address this user
I was going crazy trying to get this to work. Thanks for catching this!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jerry_D private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed this yesterday (I'm a premier agent with zillow). Thanks for the information, I'll get this reported as well.
Post 6 IP   flag post
do you have Matterport support's email address so I can copy them as well?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are missing as well, thank you for the heads up. I reported to Zillow. I would also like the matterport support email.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
Here is the email address.

support@matterport.com
Post 9 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
Here is another tip:
Add &help=1 to the end of the link for your 3d tour.
It will then give the viewer instructions on how to navigate through the house.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Has anyone received resolution to this? I filed a ticket with Zillow without any response. All my listings with a tour link is not being displayed. Thanks.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I have not heard a thing from anyone. I wish Matterport would take this a little more seriously.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Just got a response from Zillow:
Thank you for contacting Zillow.

We are in the process of redesigning our Home Details Page. We are changing/removing different modules of the page, including the current custom Matterport display. Matterport links will still be available in the Home Facts area on our listings. We are currently experiencing a few technical issues with the virtual tour link displaying at this moment. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't have a specific timetable on when it will be fixed. Thank you for your patience while we work on this and have a great day.

Best,

Dane East
Agent Care Consultant

Zillow
Seattle, WA
www.zillow.com/help
Post 13 IP   flag post
gofastpro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by childert
I wish Matterport would take this a little more seriously.

I am not sure I understand this statement. From our conversations with Zillow and the emails shared on here, this appears to be solely a Zillow issue.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I agree it is solely a Zillow Issue. I just think Matterport potentially has a little more pull to get this fixed as a priority with Zillow than a couple of us putting in help tickets. It is just frustrating that this has been going on for 5 days already.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
I just got this answer from Zillow:

Dane East
Dane East (Zillow Help Center)
Aug 24, 1:24 PM

Hi Judy,

Thank you for contacting Zillow.

We are in the process of redesigning our Home Details Page. We are changing/removing different modules of the page, including the current custom Matterport display. Matterport links will still be available in the Home Facts area on our listings. We are currently experiencing a few technical issues with the virtual tour link displaying at this moment. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. Unfortunately I don't have a specific timetable on when it will be fixed. Thank you for your patience while we work on this and have a great day.

Best,

Dane East
Agent Care Consultant

Zillow
Seattle, WA
www.zillow.com/help
Post 16 IP   flag post
I know if I was an agent paying Zillow and having paid to have a 3D Showcase built I would be pretty upset. Hopefully they will resolve the issue shortly.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
For the time being I have added an extra sentence at the bottom of the home description (just below the pictures, price, square footage etc.). It says View 3D Tour for full experience and then i copy and paste MatterPort link. There is no box or demo like before but hopefully users will copy and paste the link in their browser to view until this issue is resolved by Zillow.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Looks like they are removing the custom Matterport display! This is ridiculous, I've filed a complaint with Zillow - Matterport should as well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
gofastpro private msg quote post Address this user
To put things in perspective though, I really think the Matterport display is a very minor complaint with all Zillow has going on this week. In case everyone missed it, this week they are merging the Trulia system into the Zillow system and having all kinds of transition issues. Billing, profiles, listings... everything! The 3D Tour bug is but one of very, very many conversion issues.
Post 20 IP   flag post
That makes a lot of sense. The 3D Showcases are now showing again on Zillow just not in the same way they were. They now show as a virtual tour link under the facts section. Hopefully we will get the nice View this home in 3D call out in the future, but at least they work again.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Aghachi101

Here's my tweet on this topic.

It's free to Join the Matterport User Group Forum. It would be great if Zillow Joins MUG and gives us an official update.

And, thanks for your tweet to get the movement happen' ...

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
All,

A real estate agent that uses Matterport 3D Showcase tours in Connecticut reached out to me earlier today (16 December 2015), after being referred by a MUG Member.

"I have a couple of properties using Matterport 3d and was expecting to be able to get the properties flagged on Zillow as mentioned [in an Inman Connect article].

"Both Matterport providers I have used are unaware of this and Zillow was not able to help either. [Matterport] product is great and happy to use it but my listing and [Matterport] tours would get a lot more exposure if Zillow followed through on this. Any idea what is happening with this?

Multiple MUG Forum threads have expressed frustration in Zillow no longer enhancing Matterport 3D Showcase tours.

So, we asked Matterport Support today ...

"Good question, and [our] number one current annoyance! :-) "

"Zillow removed the support they had added for Matterport models. We've contacted them several times, and thus far, have no understanding of either why the decision took place, or if/when it will change."

"It's frustrating for our users, and it's frustrating for us because we have no additional information to provide."

"We're continuing to lean on Zillow, and we're encouraging our customers to ask them as well."

"If we hear anything, we'll announce it as soon as we do!"

----

MUG Members. Wish it was better news. The prominence of Matterport integration with Zillow - first discovered in the wild by MUG Member @craigsauer – was exciting news.

Dan
Post 23 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
Perhaps this will explain why Zillow dropped showcasing Matterport Tours: Their own Video Walkthrough Application?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
so realtors can now make below average videos to go along with their below average pictures. you can do something similar with MP highlights or screen capture. or better yet, use the same app and make a better quality video and include it as a service you provide.

I recently did a realtor presentation for MP and the services I offered and asked this question in a room of around 30-40 realtors, 'how many of you think you succeed and/or consider yourself good using technology as a realtor?'

two people raised their hands. TWO! and this is one of the top agencies in the town. I thought at least half of them would raise their hands so I feel great offering the services that I do bc I know there is a need for it
Post 25 IP   flag post
101636 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?