Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BitcoinBusiness PlanCoinifyCryptocurrencyIndustryStrategyTips

Anybody using or accepting Bitcoins?5727

3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
The title says it all
Post 1 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
No taxes are a good thing, definetely (controversial affirmation, specially for well developed countries that depend on it for hospitals, schools, etc, I know). But I'm considering taking it these days for the payment of our international franchisees in Mexico, Colombia and Japan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio @franmts

Perhaps accepting Bitcoin would be a way to make the competition irrelevant?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
I accept bitcoin, I have only used it once. If you have a stripe account you can accept it just like anything else.
You have to know your clients, and if they can figure out how to buy it, great- if there is going to be a steep learning curve for them then its not worth while.
Post 4 IP   flag post
aarongeis private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I think the chances of cryptocurrency being the next big market disruptor are very high.

Whether Bitcoin will be the market leader in a few years time is less certain; it's worth remembering that Kodak brought the first digital camera to market, Alta Vista was the first popular search engine and MySpace was popular before very many people were signed up to Facebook.

That said, I'm not aware of any particular weakness in the Bitcoin model and it has a good head start.

Setting up a cryptocurrency wallet such as Blockchain is slightly more involved than setting up a PayPal account and a little less involved than setting up a bank account. It's really very much like setting up a bank account but you don't have to physically go to a bank to show your ID. As it goes I've set up a Blockchain wallet, a Coinify account, and a new bank account in the last couple of months. Each takes a little time but it's easy to do.

With a Coinify account, you can issue invoices for Bitcoin payment very much as you can make an invoice in PayPal. There are also ways to take payment in person using Coinify to create a QR code and your customer's phone to read that code. If you currently use a card reader to take card payments the system would perhaps be easier as you wouldn't need the card reader.

If I could quickly address the above comment about taxes. If someone asked 'Is anyone taking payments in cash?' You could just as easily reply 'Not paying tax is great'. Cryptocurrencies blend the anonymity of cash with the ease of online banking, up to a point. If you take payments in cash or cryptocurrency and then deposit the funds into your business banking account then you no longer have that anonymity and anyway, most people want to pay their taxes as responsible citizens (or they go the way of Greece).

I've been spending a fair bit of time studying up on cryptocurrencies over the last few months and I think I'm going to start offering a consultancy service to my small business clients to help them understand how it works and to hold their hands through the setup process. I'll let you know how it goes.

Best,

Aaron
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JakeRees

Ah! We use Stripe to accept payments. Cool that we can accept Bitcoin.

@aarongeis

Ah! Coinify account. That's cool!

Hi All,

It's nice to know that if a client requests to pay via Bitcoin, there are at least the two above solutions to do so.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, I believe yes, accepting Bitcoin can be a business differentiation. Since lately the currency has valorized a lot, who purchased it little ago feels like an almost "free payment"... Can be easier to close business.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@franmts

I wonder if we will see Members of the WGAN Forum accepting Bitcoin.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
The trouble I'm seeing with BitCoin is that no one wants to spend it because it seems that it keeps going up in value. That too is a problem. A currency that is massively inflated but not massively used wherein people are converting money to it and hording it...

I accept USD or food gift cards.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: PayPal Launches “Checkout with Crypto” | video courtesy of PayPal YouTube Channel | 30 March 2021

@ArchimedStudio

Three years after you posed the question - Anybody using or accepting Bitcoins? - on the WGAN Forum ...

"All transactions are settled in USD and converted to the applicable currency for the business at the standard PayPal conversion rates," says PayPal (media release below)

This announcement means any of us that accept PayPal for payment now automatically accept Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum or Bitcoin Cash and settles in USD.

Will you promote that you now accept Bitcoin?

Dan

---

PayPal Launches "Checkout with Crypto"
Enables PayPal customers in the U.S. to checkout with cryptocurrency alongside other payment methods in the PayPal wallet

Significantly increases cryptocurrency utility, available at checkout with millions of businesses

SAN JOSE, Calif., March 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) today announced the launch of Checkout with Crypto, a new feature which significantly expands the utility of cryptocurrency. Available at millions of global online businesses and continuing to expand over the coming months, PayPal customers with cryptocurrency holdings in the U.S. will be able to choose to check out with crypto seamlessly within PayPal at checkout.

Building on the ability to buy, hold and sell cryptocurrency with PayPal, customers using Checkout with Crypto can check out safely and easily, converting cryptocurrency holdings to fiat currency1 at checkout, with certainty of value and no additional transaction fees. Checkout with Crypto will automatically appear in the PayPal wallet at checkout for customers with sufficient cryptocurrency balance to cover an eligible purchase.

"As the use of digital payments and digital currencies accelerates, the introduction of Checkout with Crypto continues our focus on driving mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies, while continuing to offer PayPal customers choice and flexibility in the ways they can pay using the PayPal wallet," said Dan Schulman, president and CEO, PayPal. "Enabling cryptocurrencies to make purchases at businesses around the world is the next chapter in driving the ubiquity and mass acceptance of digital currencies."

With Checkout with Crypto, cryptocurrency is another way for customers to pay and businesses to get paid, adding enhanced utility for cryptocurrency holders.

Introducing a New Way for Businesses to Get Paid
Checkout with Crypto offers a business's customers a way to checkout with cryptocurrency, without any additional integrations or fees required by the business. All transactions are settled in USD and converted to the applicable currency for the business at the standard PayPal conversion rates. Checkout with Crypto offers customers the ability to sell cryptocurrency through PayPal to then pay a business for select online purchases in one seamless checkout flow.

Checkout with Crypto continues PayPal's commitment to enabling choice in the way customers pay, and how businesses get paid and is a natural extension of the broad portfolio of services offered to merchants to drive engagement with their customers.

Using Checkout with Crypto
Checkout with Crypto will appear for a customer to select as a payment method if they have sufficient cryptocurrency of a single type held in their PayPal wallet to cover the purchase price. Appearing alongside other payment methods in the PayPal wallet like a bank account, balance or credit card/debit card, the Checkout with Crypto payment flow remains similar and familiar to other ways of checking out with PayPal:

At checkout, if a customer has sufficient balance of cryptocurrency to cover an eligible purchase, crypto will automatically display as a payment method for that purchase.
✓ Customers will be able select their cryptocurrency of choice – Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum or Bitcoin Cash, depending on what they are holding with PayPal and the balances available in each cryptocurrency. Only one type of cryptocurrency can be used for each purchase.
✓ Once the customer confirms the purchase, the cryptocurrency is converted to fiat currency by PayPal on the customer's behalf and the transaction is completed. The customer will receive a record of both the crypto sale, as well as the purchased item.
PayPal charges no transaction fee to checkout with crypto – a cryptocurrency conversion spread will be built into the conversion from crypto to USD.
Eligible Checkout with Crypto purchases include the safety, security and other benefits of using PayPal, including 24/7 fraud protection, return shipping and purchase protection on eligible items. Checkout with Crypto starts rolling out to PayPal customers in the U.S. today.

1Fiat Currency is government-issued currency that is not backed by a physical commodity, such as gold or silver, but rather by the government that issued it.

About PayPal
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 375 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
Post 10 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Crypto is awesome, but be careful where you store your coins and on what platform you exchange them!!

Short story :
3 years ago when I started this thread, and when bitcoin was already skyrocketing (up to $19K at the time... that was the record high back then... it is now x3 this price), I was using the most used and known Canadian platform named QuadrigaCX. A few months later, the founder (and only person who allegedly had access to all the fund - Close to $500M if I recall correctly), a young man in his twenties, suddenly "died" during a trip in India... Which led to the company declaring bankruptcy, and anybody who had any money sitting on the platform (me!) lost everything.
Good thing I "only" had a bit less than 1 bitcoin, but I still lost roughly $15,000 (which today would be worth $50K).

I haven't received any payment in Bitcoin, and nobody ever enquired about it.

Will bitcoin be $180,000 in 3 years? We'll see
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ArchimedStudio
but I still lost roughly $15,000 (which today would be worth $50K).

Ugh! I can't even imagine!

thanks for sharing.

The good news is that PayPal accepts BitCoin and settles with the seller in USD.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?