Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingObjections

What's hurting your business?5725

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Apart from the real estate industry, I am getting considerable pushback from other sector clients about the potential harm a Virtual Tour could have.

All the recent shooting massacres have put a damper on my business and the main concern from prospective clients is that a Virtual Tour could help aid an attacker in their planning process. It's a legitimate and sensible concern that one can't argue with.

Is anyone else experiencing this sort of resistance?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Sort of but now I am pushing security for building ...schools, churches...
But you can split a tour... Public... and then full on for insurance and police and fire.
Post 2 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
I have pushed the security angle but the nature of these attacks is that they happen very quickly and without notice, the incident is over in minutes. It's a very difficult objection to overcome.

If a client puts a VT on their site its there for everyone to access, there is no getting around that so I'm not sure how 'splitting a tour' would help?
Post 3 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
@leeverdon
What kind of client are you going after here? Is it one that has special security in the first place?

Anyway, I had similar push back on a hotel project- I just flipped it and said, if someone where to do something like this in your building, wouldn't you want swat, police and all emergency responders to know all the ins and outs and be able to end such situation in a timely manner rather than draw it out and then asked them about their current protocol about someone walking into their bridling with a pen and piece of paper- as someone walking in could draw and take notes prior to an attack.

Just remember, the customer is always right...
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Schools, Churches, work buildings... and sure if they want to believe it they will.
Knowledge is power and how you use it is up to the clients...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I can imagine why people think a virtual tour opens up a virtual map for potential security problems -- however, at the same time I think it's paranoia as these incidents are few and far in-between.

Just like leaving your door unlocked might increase your chances of being robbed -- chances are that a potential robber was already prepared to break in and you only made his job easier.

If a client brought this up to me, I would tell them 'Really? That's the first time I've heard this concern. I understand how you feel. If you do reconsider, I'd love to work with you in the future.'

Ultimately, I don't think it changes any risk. If it's a public space, a would-be criminal will either canvas the place first, or will target predictable locations. I doubt that any criminal has ever masterminded their work via Matterport tours.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101704 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?