Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.obj3D ShowcaseGear

3D/VR Game and Oculus Rift VR Showcase572

vrealstudio private msg quote post Address this user
I am trying to apply for various and useful content with Mesh data from 3D scan.

[3D/VR Game] Unity + Matterport Mesh data
If scan site is not small, mesh data is not perfect although you mark feature (trim, window, mirror) on Matterport app. It's because mesh data has a hole and cliff. Game character falls down into the hole. If you make a game based on mesh data, you should build a block wall on the boundery has a hole.

I think Oculus VR Showcase is not fun because is has not real texture and it is working for only 'look around virtual space'. If you make Oculus VR Showcase, I suggest you to make casual VR game like FPS zombie game.
[VR Showcase] Oculus Rift + Matterport Mesh data

And I share the answer from Matterport regarding VR Showcase.

Q) Whether VR Showcase does support Gear VR2 + Galaxy6(edge)
A) Yes. The Matterport VR Showcase App is fully supported on both the GearVR (for the Note 4) and GearVR2 (for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge).

Q) Can you share me guide video for conversion from 3D Showcase to VR Showcase with your commercial tool($500)?
A) The actually conversion process is proprietary. The cost is not $500 for the tool, but rather $500 per model to have it converted. This price reflects the fact that much of the VR processing needs to be done manually. As we add more automation to the system, we expect this price to drop significantly. However, we do not have an exact time frame for this price drop just yet.

Q) When VR Showcase does officially support Oculus Rift?
A) We do not have a set date for Oculus Rift support. At this time we are still in early beta-testing and are only supporting the Samsung GearVR - it provides the best mix of dependability and portability of any VR headset on the market. We will eventually support the Oculus Rift, but, we have not made any decisions regarding deployment for the Rift just yet.

Many thanks,
Grey
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing the videos and the results of your research. Very cool!
Post 2 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Soooooo coooool!!! Zombies in real estate are two great things to pair up together! Great work. I am looking into using UnrealEngine 4... Will post when discoveries are made. I hope that the conversion cost will come down too... Some agents think it's crazy expensive and some don't bat an eyelid good work!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@vrealstudio

You may find this interesting / helpful ...

Forum member @Vicator wrote this We Get Around guest blog post about Matterport 3D 'Mesh View' Examples Converted to Virtual Reality

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@vrealstudio

Great work. Fun to see Forum members showing what's possible with the Matterport Pro 3D Camera generated .obj file.

For those thinking about "diving in" for Matterport VR Showcase Beta:

This We Get Around blog post today (20 August 2015):

Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers Prep for Virtual Reality (VR)

and

We updated our Matterport VR Showcase Beta Gear and Accessories Shopping List.

If you have a choice of which Samsung smartphone to buy the, Matterport VR team recommends the S6 over the Note 4. "It's a better phone," as of 19 August 2015. Carefully to buy the Gear VR headset for the correct phone. They look the same, but the form factor is different for each phone. Are shopping list has the correct devices.

If you would like to "read ahead" about what's coming, TechRadar (3 March 2015) has a nice article about the Samsung Gear VR 2: Expect Gear VR 2 to Launch at the End of the Year [2015]

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?