Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingPro1Pro2WeddingWire

Hire a Matterport Pro and WeddingWire5716

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Wedding Wire is an exciting service that provides business listings for wedding venues. One of their unique value propositions is a free Matterport tour that is hosted on their site that guests can view.

If you are a venue that has had the opportunity to experience how amazing Matterport technology is - you can imagine how valuable this resource would be on your website! Wedding Wire shoots the tour with their branding for their website.

Here is an example of a Wedding Wire tour -- it was shot with the Matterport Pro-1 and is an impressive scan of an outside area. This venue is riddled with challenges from expansive outside areas, a second floor connected by an outside entry, and walls full of mirrors. This Wedding Wire photographer had their work cut out for them and scanned 83 panos (49 disabled) + 7 360 Views.

Here is an example of a custom Matterport experience shot by a Matterport Pro. This tour is enhanced with the newer, Matterport Pro-2 and features a dollhouse, sharing options and VR. The client can receive Facebook 360s for social media marketing -- and with Matterport's upcoming Google Street View publishing feature -- this venue will appear on Google Maps as a 'See Inside this Place' tour.

This second tour adds additional areas -- allowing guests to explore both bathroom facilities and 360 views of the guest entry and the S'mores Love camp fire. In addition, mirrors were correctly marked to allow proper navigation inside the barn to the outside second floor entry (it's blocked in the first one).

The venue is Fort Worth Country Memories, which is an absolute gem of a wedding facility. The owners are beyond accommodating and have filled their venue with thoughtful, creative ideas to provide the perfect rustic country wedding on the outskirts of the Fort Worth area.

--

I imagine that any venue using Wedding Wire for marketing could enlist a Matterport Pro independently and have a custom tour shot that could be used on Wedding Wire's site. It would be a win-win situation as Wedding Wire would technically save some $ and you'd be able to have a Matterport tour shot by the photographer of choice.

--

Wedding Wire is helping venues to showcase their property by using Matterport technology and boosting brand awareness of this amazing technology. The We Get Around Network has a massive number of Matterport Pros -- some that contract for Wedding Wire.

If you are a wedding venue, would you consider arranging your own shoot using the We Get Around Network to source out a pro?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Other WeddingWire discussions in the We Get Around Network Forum tagged: WeddingWire

WeddingWire uses the We Get Around Network Find a Matterport Pro Map to source Matterport Service Providers.

I need help with up to 2,000 scans in the US

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
Just my 2cents here...We were approached by Wedding Wire to scan several location in the North East US. Unfortunately they only wanted to pay $0.03/sqft + tolls and travel expenses. We did the math, it just was not worth our time. I know from chatting with several of you on Facebook, that many have been approached, but like us turned it down because of the crazy low price offered by Wedding Wire. We all provide a valuable service, its not nice when some company or individual try and low ball you! WW recently offered us an extra $0.01/sqft to do the work, but its just not feasible, even with them hosting the tours.

Happy scanning Y'all!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Ramblinman

I could imagine that Matterport Pros that are accepting this pricing from WeddingWire are seeking:

✓ scanning practice
✓ scanning practice for a category that they have not done
✓ a lobold textgo (a new client to add to their website)
sample for their website in a category that they presently do not have
experience in how they might offer one order: multiple markets
experience in if/when they want to accept other jobs where they publish to another Matterport account

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
If you have subcontractors already, these jobs might be nice to accept and pass on the profits to your team to keep them busy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Your points are valid. But it sets a precedence for low pricing. Similar businesses ( we'll call them "company B"like Wedding Wire will see $0.03sqft and anticipate this low cost. Once MSP say no to the low price, Company B may say to themselves, #$^ this, we thought it was going to be $0.03sqft but its really $0.10sqft and walk way.

This is just a senior. But I've seen customers understand the value of something, but as soon as price is not what they anticipated, they get their "underwear bunched up" and walk way. I've see this in retail, services and within the AEC industry.

Again this is just my 2cents, put this is a bad deal for all MSPs. There are other ways MSPs can gain experience/practice etc as you pointed out.

@Metroplex360...yes we did investigate subcontracting, contacted other MSPs and they said "no way not at that price"....and we would of lost $ just coordinating and billing the project.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Ramblinman

Thanks for the backstory.

While you and I would walk away from the pricing discussed ... there are Matterport Service Providers that would accept the pricing, for reasons I describe above.

Again, for some, I could imagine that gaining experience in how they might offer one order for multiple markets might be a reason to take on a project that does not make sense for any other reason.

Learnings might include:

1. paperwork that gets executed about copyright/ownership; non-disclosure agreement, invoicing
2. payment (how, when) - and what paperwork, if any, needs to be submitted
3. scan techniques that the client might specify

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
tomasdunbar private msg quote post Address this user
What do weddingwire get out of this? Do they get paid for leads? I don't think that a couple would book a wedding through their website. It looks like a great help when deciding what hotels to visit in person and find out more but ultimately the couple will book in person.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tomasdunbar

Imagine that you have a great venue for a wedding, BUT you are not getting as many in-person visits by potential brides.

Using a Matterport 3D Tour to help generate more in-person visits, may well be worth the investment.

For example, my wife and I stayed at a nice hotel in Atlanta during a recent hurricane. While there, I learned that they do many Indian weddings that typically last three full days and have many out-of-town guests staying overnight. How much is one more three-day weddings worth to the hotel that include:

✓ room nights
✓ food and beverage
✓ up-sells: Spa, executive lounge, fitness package

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?