Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PracticePricingScanning

Matterport pricing -- did I miss something?5704

sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum, and to the whole Matterport experience. Seems like no matter what question is posted, there are several contributors that reply. Hoping for the same result here. I looked to see if there was a post similar to my question, but didn't see anything.

Just got my Matterport invoice and was surprised to see that I was charged the $19.00 processing fee for a car that I did as an experiment. Only did two scans, but also shot a few 360 views around the outside. I was under the impression that if you upload a space with only two scans, it is considered a "practice" run and you aren't charged for processing, or, do the 360's count against the scan totals?

This could get pricey when you try different techniques.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I know it as just two scans of any kind will count.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
It’s worth sending a message to Matterport and explain that you thought it would be a free trial as you are new and experimenting and weren’t expecting a charge.

It would be in their best interest to reverse the charges. Certainly not good business practice to have a new client have a bad experience early on.

Please do get clarification when you’re at it. I also would have expected no charge for a trial of that nature.
Post 3 IP   flag post
davemckean private msg quote post Address this user
I was charged for a two scan test with my new Pro 2 camera. I too thought one or two scans on a model would process for free but unfortunately it did not. I did not take any 360 images either it was literally just two scans. I just put it down to a cost and moved on but I was bit peeved at the time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@sbl110

Please get clarification from Matterport Support and share the results with us.

My understanding - like @DouglasMeyers said - two scans of any kind was a free test.

If that has changed, we would all like to know

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

Just chatted with Marcus at Matterport. He confirmed that two scans and/or 360 views would be considered a no charge test, however, when you upload a space containing three or more scans/360 views that would be subject to the $19.00 processing fee. I remember reading the two scan rule, but didn't think the 360 views counted. Perhaps I had selective vision at the time.

From a creative standpoint, this really limits your ability to experiment with different ideas. I suppose one way to circumvent this limitation would be to upload a space as usual and pay the $19.00. Then when you want to test some new inspiration, copy that space, add your test scans/360 views and submit again. Technically (if I understand this part correctly) you won't be charged a second processing fee, but it will count against your hosting total if you choose to keep both "test" spaces in your cloud account. Then just lather, rinse, repeat.

I suppose that could work for 360 views as they don't have to align with other views, but, if you had a scan of a room in your original test space, then copied that space and tried to add a scan from a totally different venue, how would the software align the two -- or does it have to? Perhaps just delete the scans from the original test first. Am I over thinking this? I'd hate to have every new idea cost $19.00 a pop.

Sorry about the lengthy reply. I tend to talk past the sale.

Scott
Post 6 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
I have suggested to Matterport several times that they created a graduated pay per number of scans schedule that would allow for more experimentation and discovery. For example: 4.95 for up to 10 scans, 9.95 for 11-50, $19 for 100. I believe it would foster more innovation and income opportunities for us and for Matterport.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?