Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360360 Camerasinsta360 One

360º TimeLapse Video Shot with insta360 One5655

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

360º TimeLapse Video Shot with insta360 One | Video 1 of 2

360º TimeLapse Video Shot with insta360 One | Video 1 of 2

Hi All,

Insta360 sent me their new, Insta360 One Camera. I have been having a good time playing with it. I shot these two 360º TimeLapse videos last night (Wednesday, 25 October 2017) at the annual Atlanta Tech Village Holiday Party on the roof. (We Get Around has an office in this tech co-working space: 1,100 tech entrepreneurs among 300 companies.)

Do these 360º TimeLapse Videos inspire an opportunity to make money? Corporate events? Construction? Weddings?

BTW, I (just) noticed that Insta360 has a firmware upgrade that would have allowed me to change the settings - via Bluetooth - during TimeLapse. That wold have been super-helpful last night when it got dark.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Notice the logo patch in the nadir (bottom) of the videos ...
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Did you mount the camera on a tripod?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod To get the logo for the nadir are you doing that in post or are you somehow able to upload it so it automatically goes on your video's?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Helen

In post using the free Insta360 Studio application.

Seems like I should be able to do this in Matterport Workshop.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@leonvanzweel

Yes. I’ll mashed up the Tripod with a mono-pole.

Surprising, the tripod has a small footprint making it easy to hide with a logo patch.

Plus, I ducked taped a battery to the pole. The patch also hid this.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod You're surprised you can't do that in Matterport Workshop? I'm sure that would violate the T's & C's somehow! Cool work! I was curious to see how that camera did in low light. It looks about the same as my Samsung, pretty noisy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Whats your take on the actual quality of the camera? To me it has a much poorer footage quality than say a Samsung Gear 360 during the day, mainly due to nothing seemingly to be "crisp" anywhere in the frame. This is a normal issue to some degree of all 360's, but the whole shot almost seems out of focus.

It is pretty amazing that this can be bought for 300 bucks though- remember when a matterport cost 5k just to get started lol
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

Matterport should enable this feature. It would help them differentiate a Matterport Space from a Google Street View Space.

About low light, I could imagine that the firmware upgrade that I need to do will help with low light. Also, keep in mind, this was TimeLapse rather than a 4K 360º photo sphere.

@JakeRees

So far, the Insta360 One is among my favorite under $500 cameras. At $300, it is a no brainer to buy one knowing that if you can make $$$ with it, there is a migrate path to the Insta360 Pro with the same workflow. Mashing up 360ºs with other platforms - as discussed in related WGAN Forum discussions - is pretty powerful.

Again, keep in mind that TimeLapse mode is way different than traditional video. Plus, Insta360 One does give you the option to set ISO, Shutter Speed and F-Stop (and lighting). I haven't had a chance to do much more than automatic.

I still need to do testing of video and 360ºs indoors and outdoors in potential revenue generating ways.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Video: Insta360 Studio - Full Tutorial | Video courtesy of Life in 360 YouTube Channel

Hi All,

The Insta360 Studio software is free. It is included with the Insta360 cameras.

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?