Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansiGuideMarketingMeasurementsPricing

Matterport versus iGuide: how to Compete?5653

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Member of the We Get Around Network Forum Community writes ...

Dan

--

Hi Dan,

I wanted to start a topic on the forum but wanted to keep my identity private for this one.

The City I live in, has imposed very strict regulations pertaining to the square footage measurements of the home.

There are specific guidelines that have to be met and the Real Estate Association has been going out of their way to impose fines to Realtors that don't adhere to them and there has been an increase in court cases where the homeowners have taken them to court for inaccurate measurements.

As a result the liability associated has Realtors too scared to do it themselves and would rather hire a residential measurement professional that is Errors and Omissions insured to do the measurements for them.

One of my competitors has leveraged this issue by utilizing iGuide technology and has taken a large chunk of the market. [iGuide] measurements adhere to the local guidelines.

For $300, the Realtor gets:

✓ iGuide virtual tour
✓ PDF floorplan
✓ 30 Images
✓ build it yourself feature sheets

for up to 2500 Sq. Ft.

For us:

✓ photography - 30 images
✓ Matterport tour
✓ Measurements for a 2500 Sq.Ft. home is $381

Floorplans and Flyers are extra.

I don't know how I can compete with these prices.

Most of the Realtors I approach tell me they use [iGuide] and ask me if I can match the pricing. The quality is clearly not the same and their photographs are terrible but ultimately it comes down to dollars and cents and most are happy with the service.

What can I say or do to be able to win over clients with Matterport?

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Does anyone know of any good quality build it yourself flyer software I could offer my clients?

Thank you so much for your time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I anticipate you are in the USA..try being in the geographic backyard of Iguide (which I am)..Matterport best wake up and recognize they have a competitor in which many many many many many many realtors prefer..What i am seeing in typical American arrogant business fashion they are ignoring this CANADIAN competitor!..Best wake up boys!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Integratedman As an immigrant to the U S of A, I find your anti-American rhetoric to be entirely too Canadian.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
I quote your White House on The First lady's recent trip to Toronto "Melanie Trump embarked on her first Solo overseas trip as First lady when she attended The Invictus Games in Toronto on Saturday"..lol lol...This is The White House describing a trip to Toronto as "overseas"..Now I found this incredibly funny, but as a Canadian we see this ignorance daily...You can easily translate the White House's error in Geography To Matterports complete business blindness to a young Canadian company that is competing with them directly, yet seemingly turning a blind eye as to how The Realtor Community is accepting this product.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Charleston, SC
marswalker private msg quote post Address this user
I went from Matterport to iGuide. But I am also part of the CIA (Canadian Immigration Army) My feedback from facebook has been that the iGuide is simply easier to navigate . I also had a lot of feedback saying the dollhouse thing was cool -- "once"
Post 5 IP   flag post
douglogan private msg quote post Address this user
While I have never created a matterport model, I have made many (many) iGuides.
The fact that I can complete 9+ appointments in one day and still get a good night of sleep is enough to satisfy me as a business person.
Simply: iGuide caters to all the needs of the real estate industry. Unfortunately the Matterport platform does not.

As a provider of Matterport models in the real estate industry, what do you think makes your service superior to what an iGuide professional can offer your clients?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedman
I quote your White House on The First lady's recent trip to Toronto "Melanie Trump embarked on her first Solo overseas trip as First lady when she attended The Invictus Games in Toronto on Saturday"..lol lol...This is The White House describing a trip to Toronto as "overseas"..Now I found this incredibly funny, but as a Canadian we see this ignorance daily...You can easily translate the White House's error in Geography To Matterports complete business blindness to a young Canadian company that is competing with them directly, yet seemingly turning a blind eye as to how The Realtor Community is accepting this product.

You can't knock the a country for silly things written by an individual. As you mentioned Matterport, I will say that the Matterport Camera and We Get Around were brought to you by the United States of America.

The bit about Matterport and iGuide doesn't really connect with the first part - but I will say that Matterport is fully aware of the iGuide system. I'm not sure how you would think that they are blind to it. They have different priorities and I don't believe that stomping on iGuide and replicating their feature set is one of them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglogan
As a provider of Matterport models in the real estate industry, what do you think makes your service superior to what an iGuide professional can offer your clients?

Who are you talking to, Doug? The community as a whole?

As a fan of iGuide, I will throw my 2c in once again -- iGuide has a fantastic value proposition -- it's a non-3D tour that can be quickly done, uses a real DSLR camera that can potentially turn out better image quality than Matteport in the right hands (I've seen amazing, I've seen horrifying), and provides a massive amount of details that are accurate and essential to many customers.

iGuide is a great product -- and it is not better or worse than Matterport -- it's simply a different product. It's my hope that iGuide continues to improve and my opinion that iGuide should continue to innovate and expand on their product in order to compete in some of the areas where they are weak (tour experience, pricing, ui/ux). Again, those are my opinions. I am a huge fan of many of these platforms -- and I'd like many people at WGA to see the other platforms as great opportunities when Matterport doesn't fit the needs of a client project.
Post 8 IP   flag post
PatrickPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Just to touch on that subject of regulations pertaining to the square footage measurements - Does anyone know if iGUIDE meets the new standards/regulations of measurements for Alberta?
Post 9 IP   flag post
iGUIDE
Founder/CEO
Kitchener, Canada
Alex_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Of course it does, otherwise it would not be seeing increasing adoption at the rate it does for almost a year and half now since Alberta Residential Measurement Standard (RMS) was introduced. Alberta RMS is about accuracy and repeatability in measuring and reporting square footage and rules that must be followed by whoever is measuring - agents, appraisers, surveying companies or iGuide Operators. RMS was introduced to improve communication between all the parties involved in a real estate transaction and to ensure apples are compared to apples when speaking about square footage. That happened after a number lawsuits were filed in Alberta over square footage misrepresentation. iGuide is ideally positioned to thrive in this kind of environment because it delivers everything that agents need and does it at a fraction of time/cost of competition.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101428 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?