Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Help Wanted

Matterport Forum 1st Anniversary 26 Aug 2015564

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for helping create the Matterport User Group Forum.

When We Get Around launched the MUG Forum on 26 August 2014 – powered by NinjaPost.com – our vision was to create a community of Matterport users getting help and helping others with Matterport capture, creation and sharing.

In the last 30 days, we've had 53,000 page views from 14,000 visits of 6,000 posts among 600 thread topics. While the Forum has 438 members, we typically have 3-4 times as many daily visits by non-members. We have as many as 800+ daily visitors to the Forum. Today, we're growing at the rate of 70 new members a month.

I getting emails and private messages about how the Forum has helped you.

Now through Wednesday, 26 August 2015, I am asking you to post your thank you notes / love letters to this thread instead ... to help us attracted even more Forum members to help contribute to the MUG community:

1. an example of how the Forum has helped you
2. if you bought a Matterport Pro 3D Camera as a result of the Forum
3. if you got a new client as a result of our Forum Sponsor, our Referral Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents

If you are reading this - and have not joined the Forum - please join today. It's free.

On a personal note about all the recently announced new Matterport features in Showcase 2.0, it was gratifying to receive this email from Matterport Founder Matt Bell Wednesday (12 August 2015): "Your forum members' feedback was very helpful in helping us choose and prioritize features for Showcase 2.0. It's great to have a passionate group of users who are eager to help shape the product."

You (All) Rock! You did that!

While we are a cranky bunch at times, we all Matterport (that's why we are early adaptors) AND we want the Matterport platform to be even better IMMEDIATELY.

So, while we are quick to point out the slightest pimple, I'm sure Matterport knows that are hearts are all in the right place. We (all) just would like the future to arrive sooner (please).

I raise my MUG to thank you for helping create a robust community of passion Matterpeeps: Peeps that help each other out with super-fast response times.

Thanks again for sharing your love of the Forum below.

Your Matterpeep,

Dan Smigrod
Founder
Matterport User Group Forum
and
Referral Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents
and
We Get Around
Post 1 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you Dan for your help and labor of love!
After much reading (nearly every post), I purchased a Matterport via a forum member (thank you sir!), executed several scans, received great advice on pricing, execution and strategy to determine my business model.
I found this forum to be very refreshing as each member is upbeat, positive and has a innovation mindset.
Very grateful to be part of this community.
Kerry
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up with MUG last March. I wanted to find out if purchasing would be right for me. I wanted to find out what the caveats to the system were and know that I could use it effectively. I received my camera the last day of July. I have to say this technology is truly amazing! I really appreciate all the information contained in the MUG posts. If I need and answer I research it there. If I ask a question there is always several quick answers. Many Thanks to all who participate and share their knowledge. I know MUG is a vital part of everyone's experience with their Matterport system!
Thank You All Again
Dave F.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for providing all of the Matterport 3D information. It was the reason I purchased the camera.
I have used the forum to help tweak my computer to work well with the Matterport software. Thanks again.

Judy Smith
RE/MAX Professionals
402-598-3678
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @smcclell
... Dan!

Being the founder of this amazing community I'd like to just give a little shout out for all your hard work!

This community for me (and I don't even have my camera yet) has been a great experience helping me move into what will be my first business.

I often remark on how great the community is, being such great people with exceptional knowledge and a willingness to encourage and help others succeed.

So ... be proud of what you have created!

Stephen.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CubiCasa private msg quote post Address this user
We signed up with MUG only this summer. We create 2D and 3D floor plans (both furnished and unfurmished) out of Matterport scans, among other sources. Recently we started to add dimensions and room labels. [Save 10% with Promo Code: DSGA11]

MUG and Dan personally has helped us launch this service to the Matterport community. We've received real business through this forum, for which we are truly greatful. We look foraward to working with everyone here.

Many happy returns MUG <3

Cheers,

Petra Soderling
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Tosolini
Thanks Dan for having connected so many passionate people around such a great technology. ...
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Jamie
Dan ...Forum has helped me support and meeting new fiends with similar ideas has been fantastic. Always great to bounce ideas off
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Property3dNZ
Hi Dan

... The forum has been a never ending source for good quality first hand information! I have learned so much and continue to do so! ...

Thanks

Marcia
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ron0987

... thank you for setting this up and as far as what this forum has brought to me is a fast interactive and fun bantering forum. This has been a solid foundation for support and fact or data checking with other users. We get faster support here from the users and a great resource for problems from the user, but also a fact checker to confirm we are getting similar responses from Matterport about the same or similar issues.
Thank you again Dan
Ron
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @GarySnyder
... Dan

I have found this forum to be an invaluable tool, one that I check daily not only for help from the global body of contributors but also the joy I get in assisting new comers to this exciting new profession.

I must say when I found We Get Around early last year I was desperate for some answers to areas which sadly MP did not cover. If it wasn't for the early group of members who started to discuss these issues that these questions finally became clear.

I read occasionally these same question come up again and again and if it wasn't for you and your form we would all be left in the dark. Thanks again Dan for all the incredible effort you've put into making this site what it is today.

All the best
Gary
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @BLee
Hello, I have been following the forum and decided to join. I have 10 scans complete and value the information provided here in the forum. Great resource and I look forward to being a member of the community.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I received this kind email today from someone that is buying the Matterport camera today:

"Thanks for all your responses and blog. I went through the forum last night till I was bleary-eyed. I might have read all 6,000 posts. I also talked with ... at Matterport so I am good to go. I am ordering the camera this morning and looking forward to the process. Will join the forum this evening. Thanks for all your help."

Always nice to hear how the Forum is helping both members (and soon-to-be members).

How about you? Care to post a note here to help celebrate the Forum's 1st anniversary?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @AyaMHadden
Hi everyone! My name is Aya. I've been a member for a little while now but here I am finally saying hello. I mainly do scan in Fort Worth, TX area for various real estate agents and investors. ...

I am thankful for the forum as you all have helped me tremendously. I'm excited that we are all apart of a wonderful community!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PictureThis

...This forum is awesome, learning so much!

Thanx
Ash

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Grant
Grant here. ...

This forum is full of great information, I am excited to be apart of it and will be sharing my experiences.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @HomeBaseTeam
Hi I'm Sam from HomeBaseTeam in Toronto. We've added the Matterport 3D Camera to our services this year and are in love! So happy to have found this site and community, really informative and helpful. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Visite3dvirtuelle
Hi all,

I'm Emilien from Paris, France. I bought a camera at the beginning of the year and work mainly for Real Estate and Industry. This forum is very helpful! I hope to bring interesting informations to this group! ...
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @alegonzabot
Hi my name is Alejandro,

Im close to buying my first camera to start my business. I've been reading and exploring the forum and i'm very happy to see all the information shared within the community. It has really help me understand the business opportunity for my city down here in Medellin, Colombia. Looking forward to be sharing with all of you MP USERS!
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @BrendanB
Hi MUG!

I'm Brendan from Melbourne, Australia....

Really looking forward to becoming part of the Matterport community and making a contribution - already learning lots from you all
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rpetersn
Hi all,

Dan, I appreciate you taking the time to put together this forum and have already learned a lot from you folks. I'll do my best to keep posting whatever I can to help.

Cheers!
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @WeinigerHomes
Hi MUG,
My name is david weiniger ....Thanks Dan for hosting as well as being a great resource for information yourself.
And thanks to all of the knowledgeable and helpful members that generously share their time, experience and opinions.
best,
david
Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @grantmuller
Hi Everyone,

... Thanks for this great resource and special thanks to Brandon Doyle, realtor ... for his willingness to share his experiences!
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @jessetutt
Hi. ... and I am really thankful for all of the great content on this site. ... Thanks for taking the time to create this site.
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Bill
Hello fellow Matterporters - if that's the properly coined term. Some of you may know me as CEO of Nodal Ninja (nothing to do with Ninja style Karate - we sell panoramic photography equipment). Well I also dabble in other projects as well to include the acquisition and use of the Matterport. My wife Kim is an Associate Broker and Real Estate agent here in the Phoenix area. So while I might do some occasional work on the side I am also teaching Kim how to use the Matterport in her profession as well. It will add great value to her listings.

I found this group via Google and it seems much more active than the Matterport Forum. We've also done a bit of business in the past with Dan (hey Dan).
I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing some of the projects we do. We can all learn from other peoples experiences. ...

Cheers
Bill
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MichaelT
Greetings all,

... I spoke to Dan and he pointed me here to find a forum and peer colleagues. I look forward to the journey!

Blessings (and revenue) in the New Year
Michael
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @alx3D
Hi Everyone,
Very happy to find this forum. ...

Alex Leach
alx3Ddesigns.com
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @smaclenn
Hello,
Thanks for hosting this user group. ... Looking forward to sharing with and learning from you all.

Thanks, Sara.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PatrickBruder
Hello,

Thank you to Dan for starting this forum!
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CarlosFHdz
...looking to meet and share ideas for creative uses...

Post 30 IP   flag post
101421 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?