Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceVideo

Seeing a Photo Turned into a Sketch?5597

3SevensStudio private msg quote post Address this user
Admin feel free to delete as I know this isn't related to Matterport directly but seeing how there are so many smart amazing people on here I thought I would give it a shot.

We were asked to take a photo and turn it into a sketch, for a video a real estate company we do pictures and tours for wants.

The catch is they want to see the sketch being made. I have seen this done before a few years ago but cant recall where I saw it. I have found a slew of programs/apps that can change pictures to sketches but none where I can actually see the sketch being made and that's the key piece they want is seeing the sketch made. Any advice as to programs we should look at to do this or a help forum that that could help.

Thanks in advance,
Post 1 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
We do hand drawing/scatching for clients with high end cars
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: 360º photo sphere converted to a sketch using an Insta360 One Camera

@3SevensStudio

Here is a 360º photo sphere converted to a sketch using an Insta360 One Camera and then uploaded to YouTube with some animated moves. (This is a test example for you. Not the best subject matterport for the animated move, but shows you what is possible.)

While this doesn't show the conversion process, perhaps you could show the before and after and share both via ThreeSixty Tours?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@SailAway

Thank you, I will send you a msg as I would like to know more about this.

@DanSmigrod

Thank you, that's a very cool 360 but I know that's not what they are looking for, however I will keep this in mind for future projects.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3SevensStudio

I wonder if you could take the original photo/video do the conversion and then edit in a 360º video editing software?

I could imagine a "dissolve" effect is possible ...

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

Great minds think a like, we will actually be using this idea as one of our backup alternatives, while I liked the effect I don't think they will. They were pretty specific that they wanted to see it go from a picture to a sketch and see it actually being sketched out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@3SevensStudio

Perhaps @3MOD can help you?

We Get Around uses @3MOD to create videos like these (above for Photo Sparc). At 1:02 into the video, you can see a real photo that is sketched. Perhaps @3MOD can apply the technique that you want?

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
SailAway private msg quote post Address this user
Do you want someone to actually record the drawing being made?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3SevensStudio
The catch is they want to see the sketch being made. I have seen this done before a few years ago but cant recall where I saw it

You might be referring to sketch logo reveals in After Effects. These use the contrast between the logo and the background to animate sketch lines that slowly turn in to a drawing of the logo (example below). Doing so with an actual photograph might prove a lot more difficult because the for mentioned contrast method.

Post 9 IP   flag post
@SailAway

I sent you a msg explaining a little more.

@DanSmigrod

Thank you I will reach out to them and see if they can do what I'm looking for.

@DannyBasting

Thank you! It was something very similar to this. Not quite but its definitely in the ballpark!! I have only used after effects once or twice but I will give it a try. I have a feeling that I might run into some of the contrast issues you mentioned as it is a photograph of their realtors.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@3SevensStudio Have a look at Easysketch pro:
http://easysketchpro.com/ I think it will do what you want.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@leonvanzweel

Thank you! At quick glance this might just be what I'm looking for. When I have a few free moments I will look into this more.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@leonvanzweel

Thank you so much!!! Easy sketch pro will work out great for what I am trying to do. Thank you so much again. That's why I love this group. Someone always has an answer.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101646 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?