Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasMatterport WorkshopNewbiesScanningScans

Scan not aligning & panning direction5470

Riaan private msg quote post Address this user
My Matterport camera only arrived recently and I'm therefore a newbie as far as completing scans are concerned. So far I have done three practice scans to see if I can master the craft and to learn from my mistakes.

This morning I scanned a luxury house in an Estate belonging to a work colleague of my wife. As directed I switched on all the internal lights before starting with the scan. All went well except that in the main bathroom I had 8 unsuccessful scans with the app indicating that it was not aligned and that I need to move the camera closer to the previous scan point to ensure proper alignment.

In the end I was doing one scan on top of another with no luck and on the preview the center of the bathroom continue to show up black indicating that it was not picked up. I then realized than one very bright light in the bathroom was also emitting heat to warm up the bathroom. The preview indicated that the area directly under this particular light was not scanned.

As soon as I switched off the said light I could complete the scan of the bathroom with no problems at all. Has anybody else had a similar experience with overhead lighting and especially those emitting heat?

I have done guided tours for all three the scans but as a newbie what frustrates me the most is that you can't set the direction of the pan. From reading up on this on this forum and elsewhere I understand that there is some underlying logic to it and that it depends on the direction of the next stop of your tour based on the snapshot taken but up to now I could not master it. Perhaps somebody else can be of assistance on how to ensure that the pan happens in the intended direction?

ps: Would be nice if Matterport can add the functionality to manage the direction and speed of the pan directly in Workshop.
Post 1 IP   flag post
aristepp private msg quote post Address this user
I'd love an answer to your last sentence. I have read one explanation about controlling the pan direction. Can't say that it was helpful at all. I continue to work at understanding the machinations of the process so I can control it. Sometimes the pan works out exactly as I want it and other times I simply cannot win. Explanations welcome.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101432 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?