Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Museums

Can I get some 'biggest scan' examples?5454

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
We've had threads in the past about our biggest scans. I'd love to revisit that and find out how far you guys have managed to push the cloud processing. Anyone broken 400? 500? Is there a 600 in the house?

I'd love to ALSO know projects with large numbers of scans that would NOT process.
Post 1 IP   flag post
LeventeSolczi private msg quote post Address this user
My "big scans" are here:

1) Deep parking station: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=BcTwb2XHRA7 (475)
2) Football Stadion VIP: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5itwfqcWuiB (322)
3) Exlusive wedding place: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EdvykhAghVU (330)

Stil I don1T have "would NOT process" places with PRO1 Cam.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@LeventeSolczi thank you!!! 475 scans is impressive!!! That helps!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Using the WGAN Forum tag – Large – I could these large Matterport scans:

Discussions Tagged with: Large

Whenever anyone asks about scanning super-large spaces, I always wonder if there is a better solution than Matterport because:

✓ Super-large models are likely to crash in webGL
According to Matterport, they only support scans up to 200
✓ Length of time to scan

Perhaps your client is most interested in either the:

✓ data (for CAD)
✓ Virtual Reality
✓ Google Street View

... so crashing in webGL would not be an issue.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Folks, my team is attempting a scan that is will be over 1,000 scans working on tandem over the weekend. I am looking forward to seeing the results.

Who here wants to bet against us succeeding?
Post 5 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I'm betting that you DO succeed!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Olivius private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Metroplex360,

Very interested by your tests results, because next week We have a very huge scan to do and startegy could depend on your feedback as my last 350 scan with the pro2 took 13h to compute then I'm really interrested by your computing time too. regarding the camera I really think the pro can handle it but with the pro2 not sure at all.

Let us know

Olivier
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@lisahinson thanks Lisa!

@Olivius I will provide information on the results. My team is scanning this over the weekend using our Pro-2s with the client's iPad Pro. They are working in a relay manner.

While I believe I cannot share the space afterwards, I will take some screenshots from workshop as well as discuss how it went.
Post 8 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

How many square feet?

I was contacted earlier this week about a big three story building. Today he got back with me and said it is 75,000. He asked if I was scared or still interested. I told him let's make a time to meet to look at building and get a quote!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@LeventeSolczi What is the reason the parking garage company wanted to scan the parking garage? I'm trying to figure out what value it offers them for them to make the decision to spend what I would assume was a pretty good sized fee for it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@justinv - I'll get back to you on SQFT. Unfortunately, we were grossly misinformed on the # of SQFT as well as what the already completed portion was. I'm guessing that the total space will come out to about 50,000 SQFT and that the total # of scans will be about 640.
Post 11 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Okay thanks for the info.

Yes please let me know if you have any issues. I haven't seen the building inside yet but have seen outside shots. I was figuring about 1000 scans. I do not want to mattertag property together and want one big model.

I am going to make an appointment next week to check it out. I want to see it before I agree and give a quote.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@JustinV - We started today at 380 scans at 7am, submitted the tour after several hours of work and then submitted the completed tour today at 3:30pm. I'm waiting to see how long these take to process and if they actually complete. Kind of excited.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Looking forward to hearing all about it!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
It's 10:00am and on checking in, the first upload (uploaded at about 10:30am yeserday) has finished processing successfully (< 24 hours processing).

541 scans.

On Firefox, which I find performs better than Chrome, Workshop is working fine. i7 3770 / 16GB RAM / DELL XPS system. Showcase runs just fine.

For what it's worth, the original ~380 scans that the client did were done with the Pro-1. All after were done with our Pro-2s.

I'm suspicious that Matterport has optimized the MESH for performance as the quality of the mesh looks lower than most scans... I'm wondering if the MESH generation optimizes larger spaces for performance.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Wow. Gorgeous. Can't wait to walk through!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@lisahinson I can't post it publicly as I don't have permission, so I'm just posting screenshots and describing it. But I will PM it to you as I'm curious for your thoughts. Showcase seems to be loading panos slower.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Got it!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Our client's space completed successfully tonight after about 27 hours past submission.

Total # of scans: 668

Total measured by non-public measurement tool - 55805 SQFT. I believe the entire space, if all areas were accessible, would have been 64,000 SQFT.

Workshop and Showcase are performing quite well.

Lesson for the day - don't be afraid to submit a model with 668 scans.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Wow. 668 scans and 64,000 SQ FT.

I can not imagine anyone has done a larger Space with Matterport.

Does it crash on a smartphone and tablet?

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
DmitriyReev private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeventeSolczi
My "big scans" are here:

1) Deep parking station: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=BcTwb2XHRA7 (475)
2) Football Stadion VIP: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=5itwfqcWuiB (322)
3) Exlusive wedding place: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=EdvykhAghVU (330)

Stil I don1T have "would NOT process" places with PRO1 Cam.

Dear LeventeSolczi,

great work!...how did you convince client to buy 3D tour from you? 3D tour for parking - for what purpose client needed this?..thank you!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Bryan private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

very impressive!

I am having a very big space to scan as well. A museum of 48500 SQFT multi levels in Holland. Still figuring out if this size is possible to do in 1 space but after reading this post I am sure it is possible!

Do you have any advice with scanning large places like these?

Do you still have no permission of your client to share this amazing piece of work you did?

Thanks!

Bryan
Post 22 IP   flag post
Montreal3D private msg quote post Address this user
Great job @Metroplex360

I've done quite a few large scans (500+) but it's neat to see one all done threw MP all at once. Does your client see value in the possible CAD data or simply in the standard MP Showcase solution?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@Bryan We were lucky that the space was VERY open -- the MESH for many of the small rooms was fully completed from the hall as the walls were all glass. This allowed 668 Scans to cover the space. It would have been VERY difficult to have done this job w/o an iPad Pro. I do not have permission to sharer the model -- sorry

@NicolasMorency I'm not sure if they are going to use the CAD Data. This was subcontracted and the client has their own account - so if they requested an OBJ or a Point Cloud, it would not have needed to go through me.

--

At the end of the day, I was impressed, but the client DID request to have separate models made of each floor (Duplicate / Delete) as this much information presented over the web can be challenging for many computers to display.
Post 24 IP   flag post
101429 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?