Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Photo360videoAdviceOutdoorsReal Estate

360 View: How to Keep My Truck Out of 360s?5414

ajabba private msg quote post Address this user
I will be taking pictures of a property with about 30 acres today (Thursday, 14 September 2017).

I've already done the 3D inside scans but I'm going back today to do the outside with 360s.

I don't have access to a Ranger or 4 wheeler right now so I will either have to walk a lot or drive my truck to various locations. My idea was that I could park in the area behind the tripod that I will not take a snapshot of but I'm not sure if that will work or not.

My truck would be in the picture but does anyone know the angle that will show when a snapshot is taken. Is it possible to completely keep my truck out of the picture?

I really don't want to spend the day walking in 90 degree humid weather carrying the camera and tripod.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I would say use a good photo program like I use "Photo Director" and just take your truck out.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Can I take it out with that program and then add it back to the tour?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ajabba

Seems like a good use case for a 360º Camera, unless you need the 360ºs to be in your highlights reel. Perhaps not an option for today ...

Here's an example of how we integrate outdoor 360ºs + Matterport:

www.1948northsidedrive.info

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ajabba

While you can export Matterport 360ºs, you can not import them back into Matterport.

If you do want to edit a 360, you'll need a program designed to edit 360ºs (such as PT Gui Pro).

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ajabba

I could imagine shooting the 360ºs with a Ricoh Theta S on a carbon fiber pole held through the moon roof of a care. This would place the car in the nadir of the imagine (and you could then decide if you want to leave in the car or remove it with PT Guide Pro.

I use an app on my iPhone that makes removing the tripod easy-peasy: Adva Soft Touch Retouch.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yes, I would like it to be in the highlight reel. I was thinking there was some way to constrict the angle to where it would only pan so far.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod and @DouglasMeyers

Thanks so much for your answers, and your tour looks awesome, Dan.

I'm in love with my truck but I don't think the client is. lol
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?