Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,056 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Per request of Dan this is my post about inman connect.

Originally I was scheduled to deliver my digital showings presentation in San Francisco however due to format changes I ended up on a panel discussing lead conversion instead.

Digital showings were still mentioned by speakers and panelist, with many agents citing their success with the technology. There is no doubt that this technology has already been a game changer, and there is still room to grow in the space.

Matterport had a vendor booth along with a client of theirs that is in a few different market places and an Augmented Reality company.

I'll touch on each starting with Matterport. There was a lot of buzz prior to the event and online about the release of showcase 2.0 For me I assumed this was going to be the unveiling of ability to make changes within our models as was promised over a year ago. Unfortunately the new features were not much more than updates we've already gone through in the past. Perhaps it should have been called showcase 1.5?

As mentioned in the other thread the new features include some half ass branding option, Mattertags (which are definitely cool), a video fly through option similar to iGuide except for with neat transitions using the mesh, social sharing icons, and floor plans for an additional charge.

Overall I felt underwhelmed by the release, though it is nice to see they're listening to their customers and have actually implemented some of the changes we've suggested here.

I also had the opportunity to attend the Matterport VIP event with Altman brothers and get my photo taken with them. The event was a lot of fun, we got to hear more background on the Atlman brother prior to their wild success in real estate and with the show Million Dollar listing. They had multiple Samsung Gear VR on hand for demonstrations, which of course is more fun after a couple cocktails right??

From talking with a sales rep it sounds like the ability to make changes to models like originally pitched does exist but isn't ready for public. He was unable to give me estimated release date. They are currently working on streamlining the conversion process for VR tours, and said to expect a network for camera owners to be coming soon.

I met with many sales reps, agents, and vendors whom all identified that the overseas & luxury markets are seeing the largest impact from digital showings. Other agents at the event are using it as a point of differentiation to stand out from the competition and add more value to their clients.

A customer of Matterport also had a booth in the vendor area, I can't seem to find their card or remember much about them other than that they're operating in multiple markets and seem to be successful. Their setup looked great, and they were getting a lot of engagement with attendees that passed by. As an agent whom attends a large number of real estate conferences myself, I would highly recommend any photographers to get involved with your local association and sponsor events. It is a great way to get additional business.

the 3rd vendor present that I found to be quite interesting was Augmented Pixels, their app enables augmented reality simply by looking at an image and does not require a QR code. (however you do need to have the app) They had some really cool examples of how they were able to integrate 3D content across multiple platforms. While I don't personally have 10k to invest, I found it quite fascinating and could see where it could easily be implemented in the real estate market. (especially in the luxury condo new construction market)

Coming to Inman Connect I had expected a much larger presence of companies offering digital showing solutions. I was certainly disappointed that I didn't get to share my presentation however the conference was a great experience none the less. I made great connections, learned some new things, and had a lot of fun. We're still on the cutting edge in the real estate market, fast forward a couple of years and I fully expect this technology to become main stream
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for this, as always, very informative and of huge value. I we appreciate your insights in the industry.

Carlos.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DoyleRealtor

Much thanks! Nice to have a Forum member reporting on Inman Connect.

Any chance you could publish your original presentation in this or other appropriate thread?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Presenting on this topic is a source of income for me so unfortunately I do not wish to share the entire presentation itself. However I am working on putting together some clips and highlights from previous events.

Anyone whom is interested in having me speak or is presenting on the topic themselves may contact me privately
Post 4 IP   flag post
101740 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?