Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Workshop

How to delete a scan in Highlights Reel?5287

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1 "Error: Cannot hide scan that is currently referenced in the Highlight Reel" When I move it out of the Highlight Reel, I still can not hide this scan.

Screen Grab 2 - Camera intentionally low for dramatic Snapshot. (My challenge is I do not want this scan in the walk around experience.)

Hi All,

I could use your help for best practices.

What's your workflow to avoid not being able to hide a scan that has been used in Highlights Reel?

My preference is to do snapshots first: not hide scans first (because there are scans I shoot specifically for Snapshot.

The challenges I am having this morning (24 August 2017):

1. I want to use scans in door jams for Snapshots
2. I want to use scans in room corners at low camera height for Snapshots
3. I want to hide these scans
4. If I am looking for Scan 206, it should say Scan 206 in the file name. In this example, it says 08.23.2017_11.48.16 Plus, no option to delete this scan. (I can only "Set as Start Location" or "Download Snapshot" ... Where is Delete (so that I can Hide this scan)? Previously, I could delete a scan.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
Very useful question Dan!
Post 2 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
I would first select all the "special" scan that are made for picture snapshot.
Then download all of them.
Once you have those snapshot saved in your computer you can hide all the correspondent scans.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm equally frustrated by that.

We take snapshots regularly from the 3D spaces often from locations where we will want to hide the scan point.

As @MarcelloM mentioned, we have to take the snapshots, then download them to a file, then delete them from workshop and then hide the scan point. Drives me crazy!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MarcelloM
@Queen_City_3D

I understand your workaround. I will do this in the future.

Since I have already created a Highlights Reel, is there a workaround to delete the Snapshots – removed them from Highlights Reel so that I can then Hide the scans in Workshop?

For clarification - and likely exactly what you are doing - I knew that the client was not going to engage a Pro to shoot still images, so I lowered the Matterport Camera and placed it in the corner of the room (multiple locations) and now want to Hide these scans from being walkable.

Sounds like since I already added them to the Highlights reel, I can not delete them. Looking forward to hearing a workaround (that is not too painful).

---

Note to Matterport Product Development: Workshop

Phase 1: Rather than saying, "Error, you can not remove this scan because it is being used in the Highlights Reel" ... change to, "Would you like to remove this scan from the Highlights Reel so that you can Hide it?"

Phase 2: Enable Hide scan and indicated that it will be removed from Highlights reel. Enable Delete scan and indicate that it will be removed from Highlights reel, but Snapshot will remain (unless deleted separately).

Also, it looks like I can not delete a 360º View from Workshop. Please fix.

----

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab. Where is the delete button?

Hi All,

What am I missing? How do I delete this image in Workshop?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. I wanted this image for a Snapshot, but I do not want to allow viewers to "stand" on this scan location. I intentionally shot it low for the Snapshot: not for the walk around experience.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
I know that is a PITA solution at this point in the game, but if I know in advance I'll want shots from scans that will be hidden, I've chosen to do 2 uploads... do my walkthrough in one, grab photos from the other. Obviously- it would behooveMP to come up with a cleaner solution, particularly with their new emphasis on the all in one media source / "print web ready photos".
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@RPOceanic

Seems like deleting scans has gone away?

Uploading the model twice would solve the puzzle, EXCEPT we are doing Snapshots twice (when all we wanted to do was hide some of them).

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?