Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Share Your Solar Eclipse Photos and Videos5263

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Share your solar eclipse photos and videos here.

Here are some of mine from the Solar Eclipse Rooftop Party at Atlanta Tech Village. (We Get Around is one of 300 companies in the 5-story building).

Best,

Dan

Time lapse: Solar Eclipse Atlanta Tech Village Rooftop Party

Atlanta Tech Village Solar Eclipse Party

Solar Eclipse Rooftop Party at Atlanta Tech Village
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
We drove from WA state to OR to witness one minute of universal performance.

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

That's an awesome image. Care to share your workflow?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
I had the Gear360 going, in an open field (would have been beautiful!!!) but only recorded 5min and stopped unexpectedly ☹️.

I was hoping to be able to offer my grandparents a VR experience of it since they couldn't make the trip with us.

Got a few stills on my phone, but nothing could do the 1:38 of totality with the naked eye justice. It was so surreal!!! I was pretty speechless!

BTW, the date of the 2024 eclipse is Already filled up on my calendar,I won't miss it!!! Just WOW!!!

Just outside of Townsend, TN

Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod the workflow for my little planet is pretty simple:

- I set my Theta on a tripod and tested various heights to get a good separation of my torso from the horizon (I did several tests before the eclipse)
- because I only had 1 minute to enjoy the show, I configured everything in advance so I spent the least amount of time doing the photo
- Once captured, I edited the 360 into the Theta+ App > Little Planet (here you manipulate the image) > No Filter > Cropped Image > Full size > Save to Camera Roll

That's it! Very easy.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Shot with my kit lens (18-135mm), anti-haze filter, and an ND-8 ... f/36, Manual, lowest exposure possible for least amount of light.

Edited in lightroom ... added contrast and played with settings. Glowing Pacman.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I camped in St. Joe Missouri which had the second longest totality in the country at 2 minutes and 39 seconds.
Unfortunately we had horrible weather the morning of the eclipse and the only totality we thought we were going to get to see was a sky covered totally in clouds!

I had pretty much given up on seeing anything and headed to get something to eat when all of a sudden people started cheering from across the field as the the clouds opened up for just a glimpse of totality! I had the wrong lens on my camera, tripod not set up, and was eating some french fries!

Fortunately with some quick equipment changes I was able to get a couple of decent shots of about half of it.
I also included a pic of what the site looked like at totality and also a pic of my campsite the night before. Campsite was pitch black and you could hardly see your hand in front of your face. This is a 32 second exposure. It's pretty noisy, so I hope I can get some of that cleaned up in Photoshop.

None have been touched up yet, just cropped some of them a little bit.

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

Namaste!

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod

Thanks! It looks like you guys had a pretty cool party going on there!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@Metroplex360

Cool pix! What is causing that second eclipse in some of the pictures? Is that just an artifact caused by the lens?
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?