Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Artwork Using Matterport - Need Your Votes!522

Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Another friendly reminder to please vote for our art project, if you have a spare minute or two!

VOTE FOR MATTERPORT-BASED "PERSPECTIVES ON METH" ART PIECE »
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@rpetersn I voted (again).

I like that it is a completely different use case for Matterport 3D Showcase. I need to add it to our list of 101 uses for Matterport 3D Showcases.

By winning, you will help call attention to an issue that has affected your family; and, about 3D models of real spaces in general and Matterport in particular.

All,

Voting yes raises all boats

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Thx Dan!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
All,

If you read though a lot of the Forum threads – particularly about responsive design, WordPress, CMS and Content Management Systems – you'll see that @rpetersn contributes a ton of (very) helpful content.

This is one of the few times we have an opportunity to give-back to Ross by voting.

Share the ...

Thanks for voting,

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Thx again @DanSmigrod -

I wanted to take a minute to explain a couple more details about this art contest that my wife and I have entered. It is split into two portions - "public" and "celebrity". The public portion (where we can win up to $2500) is determined by these Facebook-based votes in each of 3 categories. The "celebrity" portion is voting that is unrelated to these votes and done by the "celebrity" panel (including recent Academy Award winner & Montanan - JK Simmons!).

If we can pull ahead and win our category (Artwork/Photography) by 9/15 (we are currently only ~80 votes behind the leader) we'll be donating the profits back to our local food bank campaign "Feed MT" (A website I built) as well another non-profit elephant sanctuary "Elephant's World" (a place we visited this spring on our honeymoon) in Thailand.

If we can win (& after our expenses/taxes) we should still have ~$1000 to go towards each one!

I just wanted to clarify this and THANK EVERYONE for their help so far.

Our goals are to leverage this unique contest/event in hopes of:

1) Promoting the Matterport tech beyond just real estate
2) Promoting the anti-meth "Not Even Once" message
3) (If we win) Providing enough funding for over 3000 meals for Montana families!
4) (If we win) Helping reunite 3 generations of overworked/abused elephants in Thailand.

Remember that you can vote every 24 hours, if you're so inclined.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Missoula, MT
Hi All! Friendly reminder to please vote today!

Post 31 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi again all!

We're in a CLOSE race with our art project and could use some more help from our MUG family.

Please consider voting (or voting again) on a daily basis. The contest continues for another ~2 weeks and we're only a few votes away from taking the lead in our category!

Post 32 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi all!

We've got a narrow lead in our category now!

Please consider following the link below and voting again. The contest continues through 9/15 and you can vote once every 24 hours.

Also...we'll be donating our winnings to two non-profits (local area food bank and an elephant refuge in Thailand) if we can pull off the win. Both organizations would get approx. $1000(USD)!

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Post 33 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Quick update here.

My wife Lindsey and I would like to let all of you voters know that we did end up winning the "public" portion of this art contest resulting in a check for $2500!

We're going to keep $500 to pay for our expenses in creating the art and then donate $1000 to our local Montana Food Bank and another $1000 to a very special elephant refuge in Thailand (a place we volunteered on our recent honeymoon).

Thank you all for participating and for helping others to see how Matterport 3D technology can be used in different/creative ways.

Cheers!

Ross
Post 34 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent work Ross!!! Very happy for you!

J
Post 35 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
@JamieSher - Thank you for all of your hard work on the video addition to the project. So cool.

In case anyone didn't see what Jamie's created with the OBJ file from our Matterport scan, check it out here:

http://perspectivesonmeth.com/video/
Post 36 IP   flag post
101436 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?