Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Help Please! WP3D + MacBook5214

Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all! 1st - thank you all for being awesome and being you!

OK, I got a call from a realtor having an issue viewing a MP tour on his MacBook, and on his teammates Mac (so not an isolated event). Also, it's not just 1 tour several links I sent him acted wierd.

The tour on this page:
http://3dtours.99hills.com/3d-model/665-cadon-gap-rd-3d-virtual-tour/skinned/

loads and he can explore. But there are not nav. buttons on the bottom of the screen. I asked him if he could extend the browser lower thinking maybe they were hidden past the bottom of his window, but that didn't help. Plus, again, same issue for his business partners Mac. I'm on an iMac and have no issues.

Can you guys check it out? What should I tell him? What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance all!

Joel
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Works fine for me, however I'm on a PC.

One thing.... since you're using the WP3D plugin, personally I'd select "disable tour panning" under Options. The Matterport default to pan just makes me dizzy when viewing that highlight reel tour.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys -

Quick reminder to please remember to always use WP3D Models support for help with our product.

https://wp3dmodels.com/support/

Joel...can you try to disable "VR" on this Model to see if that makes any difference? You can disable this in the "OPT" tab of WP3D.

There's a Matterport bug on iPads that is related to VR being enabled on embedded tours. I'm curios if this is related.

Standing by! Ross
Post 3 IP   flag post
Joelbcollins private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the look @Queen_City_3D

@rpetersn , I just checked that box. I'll have to wait on the client to see if it made a difference or not. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Joelbcollins Just tried on mac book and works fine. When viewing on WP3D you do have to scroll down a little bit so you can see the bottom of the player so this may have been what they run into.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@Joelbcollins One other thing you can do with WP3D is disable the blue line. I don't know what others think but I have always found that distracting and i believe it looks cleaner without it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Just following up here....

(Thank you @Helen for chiming in!)

I too work on a MacBook and have not ever seen any issues with Matterport content display like is noted here.

We HAVE, however, seen display bugs on iPads recently and this behavior has been reported to Matterport. It is definitely a known bug on their end, but ONLY on iPads. We hope they are working towards a solution but can be temporarily remedied by disabling "VR" for the affected Models. While not a permanent solution, it does offer a quick fix and why I suggested trying that in my previous reply.

A more permanent iPad fix has been applied to the (soon-to-be-released) next version of WP3D (3.0) as well.

@Joelbcollins - If possible, can you ask your client for a screenshot? It is challenging to solve issues without being able to see an example or reproduce them oneself.

If you can chase down a screenshot, please open a support issue here:

https://wp3dmodels.com/support/

Thank you!

Ross
Post 7 IP   flag post
101735 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?