Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Alternate: Private Documentation?5211

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A Forum Member writes...

Your thoughts on how I shoul reply?

Dan

----

Hi Dan

I have a large company that wishes to document a lot [hundreds] of their buildings and equipment in them but they are secure area's think [redacted] Power Station.

I am looking for a product that can scan outdoors, it doesnt have to be all polished like matterport but we need to have the data stored behind a government grade firewall.

Idealy we would like to be able to use matertag type links

Any idea's?

[redacted]
Post 1 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck with that!

I wish Matterport would hurry up and secure off this issue...
Post 2 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
NCtech Lasiris ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Laser scanning services will do that, indoor outdoor, day or night, 360 photos, and using the viewer software you can tag mark and run on secure network. As if presented the walk thru does not need to meet Matterport quality.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Cupix Head of Product Strategy pcollart private msg quote post Address this user
How large are the spaces? Do they need just 360 imagery or do they also require an underlying point cloud or mesh for measurements?

I have recently completed (3) projects with NavVis. One project was a 300,000 sf fab (think clean rooms) that has similar security requirements. Granted, it is hosted on-line currently, but after completing another buildings we will be installing the NavVis Indoor Viewer behind the company's firewall.

The scan was completed in 2-1/2 days, which is amazing considering the logistics of this building. Every space is either locked or requires clean-room preparation (i.e. gowning, trolley wipe-down, etc.).

NavVis advertises as an "Indoor Mapping Solution", but it can scan service yards and some exteriors. It becomes an issue of having fairly level floor/ground and objects at eye level (max 30m) to facilitate SLAM.

DM if you want more info.

-Paul
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mp2fp

Good thought. I will let the Pro know.

@ron0987 Any specific LiDAR solution that you want to suggest (or questions to ask)?

@pcollart Good thoughts. In reply to your input, the Forum Member writes back: "The client needs a point cloud as well to be able to locate where things are in the scan and maybe use it for plans so I guess its a laser setup that I will need.

I will ask the Member to review this discussion (again) and see if the Pro can add addition insight.

Other questions to ask the Member?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Dan,

I am familiar with the Faro x330 that will give you a complete point cloud for viewing. The software has a program built into the software that is called Faro webshare which allows you view the property in in a 2d view with tags that you can add info similar to Mattertags which can be placed on a secure server. This unit takes 360 degree HDR panoramic which can be download and are good quality. Here is a screen shot of webshare.

This is a screen shot of a scan point cloud I did with a Faro.

I am not as familiar with the new unit Leica Black360. But it does have similar features.

Ron
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Do you use the Faro x330 or just taking it for a test-drive on this house?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
I have been using a Faro X330 and 120 regularly for about 4 years now.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?