Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Matterport Pro Demos Results in Camera Sales521

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
How many times have you done a demo and it resulted in the sale of a Matterport Pro 3D Camera rather than the prospective client engaging your professional services?

It's happened to me multiple times over the last year.

Members of our Referral Network have reported that this has happened to them multiple times too: both leads we referred and businesses that they were developing.

With a few exceptions, I no longer demo the Matterport Pro 3D Camera. If asked, I simply say "It's magic!" ...

This week, our Referral Network is introducing this solution for companies to be upfront with Matterport Pros that they have not decided if they want to engage a Pro or buy a camera.

We're going to (try) and do a better job pre-qualifying leads to see if the prospective client is really interested in buying and just wants a demo. This way, the Pro gets paid for the demo.

I anticipate that this solution will resonate outside the United States where Matterport does not sell cameras.

You might try something like this too. For a prospect that wants a demo of the camera, charge "X" dollars and provide a credit of "X" dollars towards a project, if they move forward with you.

Have you done demos that turned into camera sales? Other thoughts on this topic?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I've had numerous agents ask the cost of the camera. I've had a few stated that they was thinking about purchasing one. I didn't dismiss them, rather I said the break even is around 20 jobs per year, and based on the standard price I'm charging, you will need to do somewhere around 300 scans per year after this to make $50,000. When they realise they make this in commission on the sale of 1 average Vancouver house, they quickly realise it's not worth it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Jamie

Are you saying that a real estate agent can make $50k on the sale of a single house????
Post 3 IP   flag post
Depends on the cost.
I did a job 2 months ago, the agent sold it and made just under $200,000 commission
The structure here is 7% on the first $100,000 then 3 to 3,5% on the balance. The seller/buyer split is 56/44 (approx)
Average house is 1.3 million, But A Lot Go over 6 million
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wow, I'm in the wrong business. If and estate agent knew what agents were making in Canada it would be like when the mass exodus of Irish left Ireland in the early 1900 for America. Here in the UK and agent is lucky to get 1%

That is an incredible amount. Are you also selling real estate if not forget photography and get your real estate licenses.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Yep doing it this year
Post 6 IP   flag post
Great, and then good time ahead
Post 7 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
Yep! My publications have sold many cameras, the barriers to entry are low but that can be said about anything really. It is possible that the people contacting you were already interested in buying a camera and upon seeing your success they're able to make that decision.

It is all about understanding and explaining your value proposition. Being able to include extras like professional photos, floor plans, and a single property website all help.

I actually did the math @Jamie described above and determined for the purposes of my real estate business it made more sense to out source our digital showings. I also determined that it'd be foolish of me to give up on my real estate career to sell this service to other agents. I make much more than 50k a year doing what I do now, and the barriers to entry for completion is low.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101426 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?