Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasCapture AppFirmware

Matterport Firmware and Capture App Updates5189

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @PointCloudVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by @petefstopuk
Has anybody had a problem with the new upgrade? Just wanted to make sure before upgrading as last time there was an issue.
I couldn't take any 360 photos after the update yesterday. Super fun.

Hi All,

If you have updated to the latest Matterport Firmware and Capture App (Version 2.3.3) update, as described in the Matterport eNewsletter Thursday (10 August 2017), please post if you are / are not having problems.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't see anything that said this was a camera update, do we need to connect the app to the camera on this one?
Post 2 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
Have not noticed a firmware update but have updated to Capture App v2.3.3 and no problems,
Post 3 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
I have updated Capture app, but no news on the firmware update. My application didn´t mention the existence of a new firmware update so far.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Trying to decide if we should update the Matterport Camera firmware, iOS and app Saturday (12 August 2017).

If I am not able to shoot 360 Photos with the updates, that concerns me.

Anyone do all the updates and are happy?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi Dan,

Do you mean that you lost the ability of taking 360s after updating firmware?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I have updated app but have not seen anything about firmware update. I don't know how to do that.
Post 7 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I would like if your input spoke specific to the older camera and new camera, because this might determine if some one sees a download or not. The download maybe camera specific and may worry someone that they are not firmware current when there is no update for the specific camera. So the conversation could go two ways. Thank you in advance.

Ron
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I was expecting to do a firmware upgrade today (Sunday, 13 August 2017), but I am not getting a notice that a new firmware is available to me.

I have Matterport Pro 3D Camera ( first generation / Serial Number begins with a "B" )

I have the latest iOS on my iPad Air. (Version 10.3.3 (14G60)
I have the latest Capture app on my iPad Air (Version: 2.3.3 (578.17134)
Camera Firmware: 1.1.423.14201.c16d6s9-P

Any thoughts about whether my firmware is current?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I figured it out

So, yes, there was a firmware upgrade for me, BUT, it took a few steps to figure it out.

The short answer is after you update the Capture app and/or iOS:

1. leave the Capture app connected to the Camera for a while;
2. then shut down both devices and restart.
3. Now, let the Capture app connect to the internet for a while;
4. Now, pair the Capture app with the Camera for a while;
5. Now, shut down both devices and connect the Capture app to the internet.
6. And, keep repeating.

I could imagine what is happening is that the Capture app asks the Camera, "What version of Firmware are you using? Then, when the Capture app gets connected to the internet, in the background it is asking Matterport, "What is the latest version of Firmware for this Camera?" Hmmmm. It's new. Let me download it (may take a while). Then when the Capture app is connected the Camera again, it says to the Camera, "Hey, I have a new Version of Firmware for you. Let me see if the user is ready to update. Hold on a sec while I ask?"

"Dan, would you like to update the Camera Firmware? This may take five minutes, or so."

"Yes"

"Okay. When the Firmware is updated, I will let you know by blinking the Wi-Fi."

Anyway, you get the idea.

The point is, I wanted this to happen at home: not while I am scanning this week.

Since Matterport does stuff in the background without telling you, if you have not updated the Camera Firmware - and want to - do the above at home when you got an hour.

Otherwise, you are going to show up for a scan and be disappointed when you get a message that says there is a new Firmware update while scanning is not your first choice.

Clear as mud?

I hope this helps you (all).

Best,

Dan

Post 10 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
I too have a first generation camera. I updated app and camera but I'm still on an old version of iOS (the one just before "it was a major upgrade" we were warned to stay away from). I assume it's ok now, I just haven't done it.

Anyway, after the app upgrade, it said it "repaired" 64 of my scans but what it basically did is wipe them out. I have 64 place holders for where my scans used to be but when you open them, there are no scans inside. The names are there, when they were created is there but the thumbnail is gone and like I said, no scans inside.

I did do 2 shoots today and they processed fine. Seems a little faster to me but that may be wishful thinking. It also stopped making sound for me when the scan is done. iPad is not muted and sounds are turned on in the app settings. I must be like Pavlov's dog as I guess I rely on that sound a quite a bit. Kind of annoying but I got over it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
You should see a little spinning wheel in the top left when the Matterport Capture app connects to matterport.com to check for updates / check your account.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
You should also hear Blood, Sweat, and Tears playing in the background when you see that spinning wheel! Lol
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chadcloses

From a related We Get Around Network Forum discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
@Helen
So, I am wondering out-loud ...

This was my first use of the current:

1. firmware upgrade
2. Capture app upgrade
3. iOS upgrade

My impression was:

1. the camera rotation is quieter
2. the camera rotation is gentler
3. the Capture app scanning was faster
4. the Capture app processing was faster

I wonder if - if the above is true - that the Camera requires less power than it use to.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Any news on issues as I have a shooting tomorrow.
Update or not?

For me the most important question is what effect does it have on the virtual tour results and capturing in general.

Any official post from Matterport on this?
Post 15 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I updated and didn't have any issues with scans I did on Wed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mori

I am happy with the update (Firmware, Capture and iOS)

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
I updated and it actually fixed my mixed up Models from the update a few months ago! Did my first scan with the update yesterday, everything looks great. 👍
Post 18 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
I have also updated about 2 weeks prior and happy with the scan app and iOS update. It has also fixed my mixed up models.
Post 19 IP   flag post
One thing that came to my attention: you can now capture a 360 view without having a 3D scan.
Post 20 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
That is good to hear, I had not tried. Thanks for the post.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Perhaps this is related to the Google Street view feature of Matterport?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Shot done & all is o.k.
Post 23 IP   flag post
101436 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?