Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceIndustryPricingStrategy

is this pricing ridiculous ?5157

TierOneVentures private msg quote post Address this user
so... I was doing some research on pricing, Is this really where the pricing is heading?

Take a look below at what i came across is it me... or is this ridiculous....

"... Truly amazing and CHEAP. (Hint: my competitors charge around $300.) I only charge a flat rate of $99.00 for Any Home. Any Size"!
>(They are advertised as the lowest cost Matterport virtual tour provider in US and don't worry i am not going to say what company)

Not blasting anyone, just looking to not be discouraged.
Post 1 IP   flag post
fullpreview private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text
You are not blasting anyone. You are simply being assertive and stating a fact. We should ALL be aware of what the market is bearing and every strategy competitors are using.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a related thread.

Lowest cost Matterport 3D provider in the US
Post 3 IP   flag post
StevenTing private msg quote post Address this user
I have a local photographer that charges 0.05 per sq foot. 3000 sq foot home for $150. Makes it tough but I'm still sticking with my pricing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@TierOneVentures

Welcome to the We Get Around Network Forum. And, thank you for your post.

Here is another related Forum (heated) discussion:

Matterport now pricing their own 3Dscan cost

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you for all the quick responses I will continue to explore. Fantastic feedback.

Looking forward to exploring more of your site Dan!
Post 6 IP   flag post
stepbystep3d private msg quote post Address this user
Pricing is up to the individual obviously. I'm assuming that every real estate agent in their market with a 7000 to 10,000 sq ft property will probably take them up on the deal and they will be working for $99 a long day.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Even had this on their site... -_-

(We even go to other states and BEAT the prices of their local photographers and Matterport providers.)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
I've always believed the key to not undervaluing 3d services is to work together to set minimum prices for different job types/sizes and have an incentive to adhere to these community agreed prices. This seems more important than ever. With such an incredible community there's just no need to low ball each other when we could all just work together to agree on minimum prices that are fair and reflective of the work involved in particular jobs. We don't need Matterport's involvement to do this, just an honest and open discussion of what works across the board. This is pretty much a brand new industry with no real precedent, so why not use this opportunity to set the direction ourselves?
Post 9 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@TierOneVentures

Maybe you can get them to do your tours for you and pocket the extra money!

I honestly believe this is the way it is going. I did not look too hard at that site but I bet everything is ala cart. They draw them in and before the client knows, they are at $500.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ramblinman private msg quote post Address this user
@StevenTing...I must sound like a broken record to most of the folks here but...your not charging enough...your devaluating everyone's work by charging so little.
Post 11 IP   flag post
StevenTing private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblinman
@StevenTing...I must sound like a broken record to most of the folks here but...your not charging enough...your devaluating everyone's work by charging so little.

I'm not the one charging 0.05. That's a competitor in my local market.

https://www.quickpictours.com/product/3d-walk-through/
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
At $0.05/sqft, the guy is also paying the $19 or $38 processing fee too ... what you're not seeing is how much business he's generating. Me thinks that if he gets busy and starts booking too many scans, his pricing will go up.
Post 13 IP   flag post
letsdosome3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter
I've always believed the key to not undervaluing 3d services is to work together to set minimum prices for different job types/sizes and have an incentive to adhere to these community agreed prices. This seems more important than ever. With such an incredible community there's just no need to low ball each other when we could all just work together to agree on minimum prices that are fair and reflective of the work involved in particular jobs. We don't need Matterport's involvement to do this, just an honest and open discussion of what works across the board. This is pretty much a brand new industry with no real precedent, so why not use this opportunity to set the direction ourselves?

Because it could be considered to be price fixing? Not cool in a lot of markets. People are free to charge what they like, if they want to charge peanuts then so be it. Let's face it, it's not a difficult job - it's the tech that creates the product, all we do is facilitate it by pressing a few buttons on an ipad.

There are several London companies now charging £50 for studio flats and £99 for 4 bed houses up to 4000 sq ft. That's the way it's headed, through the floor.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting points. Let's see how it plays out over the coming months and years. It seems the vast majority want to go solo when it comes to pricing and I respect that. I'm an idealist though and want every 3D pro to succeed. It's still early enough to set benchmarks and there's no precedent so in my simple mind I figure, why not? Many will disagree though and I don't think I've ever had a positive response to the idea of agreeing on minimum prices so nobody gets left behind. That probably says it all
Post 15 IP   flag post
101604 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?