Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Bublcam 360º Spherical Video Camera + VR515

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Squirrel!

Today (30 July 2015), I've been totally distracted by the arrival of Bublcam 360º spherical video camera that we bought on Kickstarter a year ago.

Here's a quick test video.

I can imagine having a great subject with consistent lighting in the round + recording the audio with Pro gear and creating some fun video, great video.

It's not for static spaces. Still, a fun distraction today.

I write about 360º spherical video/photo cameras here. I am still waiting for the 360fly and Panono to arrive.

Anyone else playing with 360º spherical video?
Post 1 IP   flag post
YairYepez private msg quote post Address this user
Good stuff,

There was also a very interesting announcement by Jaunt and Nokia for the professional 360deg video market...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/28/9064499/nokia-vr-camera-ozo

so exciting times!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I just bought a Ricoh Theta that does (low quality) 360 video. Haven't played with it long enough to formulate an educated opinion though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
Why did you go with this camera I have seen a few others out there, is there a reason you would like to share. I am looking at a few of these and I am not sure which one I am going to buy, looking for input.

Thank you

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
About time that was released. Was that 720p?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

Before Matterport 3D Showcase was released in July 2014, I bought three 360º spherical cameras via Kickstarter and Indigogo: Bublcam, 360fly and Panono. I also bought one (first generation) Ricoh Theta and Ricoh gave me another first generation. I imagined that they would be used to offer a new Pro photography service.

Once we bought our first Matterport Pro 3D Camera in July 2014, we no longer needed these three cameras (all of which are way past their original, promised ship date).

So, these 360º spherical cameras are a (fun) distraction to play with. At the time of my purchase, these were my options. Since then, other 360º spherical cameras have been announced at various price points.

Once you decide which ones, please let us know.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Jamie

If it is 720pm, it doesn't look 720p. Run out of time. I hope to post more tomorrow.

I only did a few video tests. I really need to give it even lighting with moving people further from the camera.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

The first generation Ricoh Thetas did not capture 360º spherical video. And, I did not bother to upgrade the firmware.

That said, you might enjoy these "aerials" I captured of the roof of "our" building using a Ricoh + Ducktape the Ricoh.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
My Bublcam is now for sale on eBay.

I also previously bought on Kickstarter and Indigogo, 360cam and Panono respectively.

I will probably play with them for a week each (when they eventually arrive) and put them on eBay too.

I want to stay focused on Matterport

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
al9901 private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea Dan. There is one big advantage that Matterport has over 360 video (and even virtual tours have over 360 video);

Where do I look?

What I have pointed out to customers is that Matterport showcases are completely open, transparent and give the customer freedom to see what they want. Video used to be the #1 content, but now it's Matterport showcases, because a video is directed and has camera shots, meaning the user is only given one perspective. With 360 video, things are happening left, right, up and down, but the user will ask "where do I look?". Works well on things like rollercoasters and especially good with a VR headset, but for PCs, tablets and phones, Matterport all the way.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Bublcam Review : 360-degrees of spherical camera potential http://flip.it/yt5jM
Post 11 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Dan
Have you looked at the Iris360 or Istar camera, if so do you have any feedback and or thoughts about them.

Ron
Post 12 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Based on the review, I'm not sure if the price is justified when the new Ricoh Theta S offers slightly inferior performance for half the price. I haven't received mine yet, but from what I've seen, it looks promising.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?