Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingStringr

Stringr App | Shoot Video: Uber like service5133

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

I signed up for Stringr a few days and got invited to shoot video for a local TV station in the St. Simons Island area. (Since I am on vacation, I referred the job to a Member of the We Get Around Network. While the job disappeared within minutes, I suggest signing up using my friend-get-a-friend code that will earn you an extra $10 on your first project: 6WRCCF7

Stringr is a freelance marketplace for video (okay to shoot with a smartphone) for both breaking news and evergreen stories.

Since I uploaded some video yesterday (31 July 2017) of the extreme winds and surf on St. Simons, I could imagine that they saw that I followed their guidelines - 30 second clips, hold the camera still, etc. - that they invited me to shoot this tiny job. (I also uploaded video of a car fire with flames from last week.)

So, why join? Your evergreen video might get used more than once and you get paid each time (Matterport: are you listening?)

We all are photographers. We can follow the Stringr video guidelines with our smartphones (or DSLR). And, we might get to see the video on our local news.

I could imagine that some of us will see spot news and get paid. And, I could imagine that some of us will shoot evergreen video and get paid.

Seems like Stringr works best for either spot news (that you originate) or in locations that TV Stations want to cover, but do not want to send a videographer.

Let me know what you think?

Best,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
kellysuesharp private msg quote post Address this user
this is such a cool idea - i signed up just for fun - never know when I'll have time in between shoots etc and may be in the right area of town !
thank you
kelly
Post 2 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
I also communicated with them about the refer a friend program on the web sign up. It had a disclaimer about June 30th 2017. Their response to me was as follows:

The refer a friend program expired June 30. As of that date we are no longer sending out referral bonuses.
Thanks,
Stringr Curation Manager
Post 3 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
Really cool! I signed up and much to my surprise there are a couple of opportunities that may turn out to be quite lucrative! They are wanting footage of the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21st. A town about 45 minutes from me 2 seconds shorter than the longest duration of total eclipse at 2 min and 38 sec and there is an airport there that is hosting a viewing and expecting thousands of people!

They actually limited the number of cars allowed to park there at 5,000. If I get some good footage it might really sell a few times at $40 a shot for crowd and interview shots and $25 for footage of the eclipse.

Thanks for the heads up @DanSmigrod!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Richierichks

Looks like I made $40 today (21 August 2017 via Stringr for my Time-Lapse video of the Solar Eclipse Party on the Roof at Atlanta Tech Village. ( I would have shot this video anyway. )

Once I get the PayPal payment Tuesday, I will post the amount.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

email received 18 March 2022

--

email received 22 March 2022

--

Hi All,

I made $80 last week as a Stringr while on vacation in Jacksonville, FL.

While it was not a lot of money, it took me less than five minutes!

1. I got paid $40 for shooting 90 seconds of video of storm clouds and a palm tree shaking
2. I got paid $40 for shooting 120 seconds of video of the sunrise over the ocean

For the first video, I stepped outside our Airbnb at the beach.
For the second video, I was walking the beach with my wife at dawn.

Stringr pays weekdays; typically same-day/next-day that the video is used via PayPal.

If no TV station/company used the video, I would not get paid. But, I would not have invested more than a few minutes in shooting/uploading video.

I shoot these videos with my iPhone 13 Pro (handheld). You can use a DSLR and a gimbal.

Questions?

Dan

Screen Grab from my Stringr videos
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is shame they only offer gigs in USA. I have registered and checked and once you are out of USA map there seem to be nothing. Even for Ukraine where should be a lot of demand for media now the app shows nothing.

Found australian one and it does have a lot of gigs for Brisbane but it is for photographing stock in supermarkets and shops. They only pay $4-$7 per each but some are repeating in the same shop so you can do three and get $15-20. Still not much you can make with it as you have to drive a lot everyday just to get paid the minimum rate per hour.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?