Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Cupix

Hosting Platforms for 360º Photo Spheres5126

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Would you like 360º photo spheres to play with?

Perhaps you are thinking about using a 360º hosting platform and needs some examples to test drive the platform - before buying a 360º photo camera – or moving forward with the platform you are researching?

While on our annual family reunion on St. Simons Island on the Georgia coast, I shot 60+ 360º photo spheres of "our" 5-bedroom beach house rental on Wednesday (26 July 2017) before everyone else arrived.

Here's an example of the round.me 360º hosting platform using these 360ºs. (Note that I did not add hot links or info buttons.)

We Get Around Network Basic, Standard and Premium Members get free use of these 360ºs as long as you do not imply that you shot them and do not identify the location.

Do you want access to the Dropbox with these 360º photo spheres? Please Private Message (PM) me.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan

P.S. It would be great if we had examples of the different 360º hosting platforms using the same images.

P.P.S. While at the beach, I am likely to be slow to reply, so that's for your patience.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey I though you were on vacation what's up with this. 😀😀😀😀😀
Post 2 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
Hello @DanSmigrod,

This is a great idea thank you. I'm currently a MP SP but require a VT alternative for some clients who would like some proprietary equipment scanned in the Industrial sector. I'm trying to generate a list of hosting platforms available that offer:

-content anchors with the ability to add external links
-zoom in capability
-a more seemless walk-through
-privacy for internal eyes only

Although I haven't looked at each site to see if they check off all these boxes, I'm compiling a list of reputable hosting sites available at the moment, so far I have found:

-Cupix
-Vieweet
-Roundme
-iStaging
-Kolor

Are there any other sites worth adding to the list?

Do you have a thread that talks about recommended 360 cameras? I see the link at the top of the page but only see a list of what is available, no specific recommendations.

Any help is appreciated!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Snap

Thank you for starting the list of 360º hosting platforms. I could imagine that Members will post others that they use.

We Get Around curates The List of 360º 1-click Cameras. (70 Cameras as of 1 September 2017). It's hard to keep track. It seems like there are new 360º cameras announced weekly

You can always click on the CAMERAS tab above to get to The List ...

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you @DanSmigrod. I have looked at the list but I was hoping to find more specific camera recommendations.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Snap

Cameras range in price from $130 to $100,000

Tell me what you would like to accomplish and your budget and I will suggest a few.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you @DanSmigrod

I would like to create a virtual walk-around for industrial equipment. So I need something that:

-has high resolution for zooming in at objects
-good in low light conditions
-minimal distortion
-I'm not sure if this goes hand in hand but video quality is not necessary as I will be primarily using it for virtual tours.
-ease of use

I'm hesitant about spending a lot as I'm kind of holding out for NCTECH's new line but need something to get going with this project so I'm not sure if there's anything under $1000 that can do a good enough job in terms of image quality. Am I chasing a Unicorn Dan? Or should I be looking at using a DSLR instead?

On another note I really like what Cupix has and will report back with my experience. I would love to try those 360 spheres you have.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Snap

Here are three of 70 Cameras to look at, based on what you wrote.

VUZE 360º Presentation at Street View Summit
Video: InsideMaps Presentation at GSV17
Insta360 One
Ricoh Theta V 360 Spherical Camera

Members of the Forum may have some other recommendations.

Let us know which one you get and why. Please do start a new discussion on Cupix, when you are ready to share your impressions.

Best

Dan

P.S. I will private message you a Dropbox link to the 360º photo spheres (shot with Ricoh Theta 6 on HDR setting). Once you publish somewhere, please post to the Forum so we can see what it looks like. I posted to Round.Me ... but did not add links/transitions ...
Post 8 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
What about DLSR and Gigapan? http://www.omegabrandess.com/Gigapan

A full list on a lot 360 you find here: http://ivrpa.org/about-ivrpa/360-vr-photography-360-video-resources/
Post 9 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod thank you, I certainly will.

@mori thank you, I'll have look at the link.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Faga private msg quote post Address this user
@Snap Hi there!

Did you get a chance to try Kolor (panotour) or Cupix solutions?
I need an interactive image map solution that contains several 360 tours...looking for the best solution.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Faga

@CartoBlue offers interactive image maps. More Info

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Hi @Faga,

CartoBlue might be your best option for an interactive image map. I'm not sure if Cartoblue offers virtual tour hosting as well or if you're required to create your own.

I found Kolor to be the least user friendly out of all of them. It's a bit of a learning curve and I wasn't too impressed with their user instructions and it took them a long time to reply to my questions. But it was the most customizable site.

Cupix is still in Beta and still have some bugs to work out but they plan to update in October sometime and I would definitely keep tabs on them.

If you need something right now in terms of virtual tour hosting I thought Roundme had the nicest layout but no interactive image map.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Faga
@Snap

I used Round.me ...
Here's an example ...
https://roundme.com/tour/181080/view/

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
Cupix Director
of Sales
San Francisco
scott_cupix private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a link to the best known forum user @DanSmigrod's Cupix tour from a couple of weeks ago using a Ricoh Theta S. It's a one step process (upload) to get the tour, so make sure your internet connection doesn't go out on you. In this case the tour was indoors but you can create tours of outdoor spaces using the same one step process.

Dan's 1st Cupix Tour (Ricoh Theta S on a Tripod)

If you have a few minutes to spare, here are the steps to use CUPIX, end to end:

CUPIX is aimed at automatically stitching together 360° photos to generate a tour and it will work with consumer cameras like the Ricoh Theta S, SC and V each of which provide a big bang for the buck. It will also work with DSLR Rigs, such as a Nikon D800 + Samyang 8mm fisheye lens / Nikon 16mm rig.

Here's an example with a DSLR rig (that NIKON D800 8mm PANO fisheye)

And finally the actual 3D Tour and a case study link.

NIKON D800 8mm PANO 🡺 CUPIX 3D TOUR (player) 🡸PLAY 3D TOUR
NIKON D800 8mm PANO 🡺 CUPIX 3D TOUR (video) 🡸WATCH 3D TOUR VIDEO
NIKON D800 8mm PANO 🡺 CUPIX CASE STUDY 🡸Case Study
Post 15 IP   flag post
101432 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?