Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceScansTips

Courtyard by Marriott scan5121

DFWVT private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I had the opportunity to scan this brand new Courtyard by Marriott hotel. This has the opportunity of opening some big doors within 3 different companies. Therefore, I am looking for any and all feedback. Please be blunt if you see things that you believe could be better.

Thanks in advance.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Spelling error on Mattertag for Queen - Regular Room... on the link it says "Quen - Regular room".
Post 2 IP   flag post
Also... exercise room... was that mirror marked? It shows up as all black on that wall when looking at the dollhouse. Would be nice to clean that up.

Other than that. Looks good!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D thanks for that catch on the spelling. I will have to go back in and check to see if the error was marked correctly. It may not have been.

Thank you for the help!
Post 4 IP   flag post
tocha private msg quote post Address this user
I like your solution for showing the rooms through tags without having to try to connect via full walk through of hotel.

One thing I would change in the room walk throughs is to close out the branding info so it doesn't take up the whole window when you enter. The user already knows it is presented by Courtyard Austin.....

Looks great and gives a great experience.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@DFWVT Hey buddy, super excited to see that the client moved forward! I bet they love it!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocha
One thing I would change in the room walk throughs is to close out the branding info so it doesn't take up the whole window when you enter. The user already knows it is presented by Courtyard Austin.....

@tocha Excellent suggestion! Thank you!

@Metroplex360 patience paid off. Hopefully we can keep moving forward!
Post 7 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I get squares when I click on the scan past the mirror in Queen-Regular Room.

Post 8 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Nice big model. I see you scanned into the night. Which camera did you use? Pro2?

My tip would be to remove some scan points. On larger models its hard work to walk around if the scan points are too close together. People get 'virtually tired' and give up. It would be great if Matterport had statistics of the average view points users move to per model. I believe most dont do more than 20%. I only do commercial work with some models up to 3000sqm. I'd be interested in knowing how if people actually 'walk' through it all.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Marcel makes a very good point.

When I was navigating through I got tired and quit trying to move ahead one scan location to another and skipped forward by using the dollhouse view. Most of the viewing public wouldn't know to do that though so taking out some scans in open areas to move further forward faster would be advantageous.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel
It would be great if Matterport had statistics of the average view points users move to per model. I believe most dont do more than 20%. I only do commercial work with some models up to 3000sqm. I'd be interested in knowing how if people actually 'walk' through it all.

This statistic (average scans viewed) was previously accessible when logged into Matterport cloud if you used one of their rest API urls. The stat was never exposed, probably because it would be a bit misleading
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Queen_City_3D @Marcel This is very helpful information. I can certainly say I got tired of scanning! I can see where you would get tired of virtually moving.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101641 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?