Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Matterport,

I apologize for posting inaccurate info about Matterport buying a company in Europe that would compete with Matterport Service Providers:

UK: Matterport Spaces Pricing by Matterport

I did not know this was not true when I published it in the Forum.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
I did some research not based on anything you said Dan but from the forum member that first brought it up. I thought maybe the forum member just read the article wrong. But it is very important for all of us to be factual. Rumors can kill a company. And before posting derogatory information everything should be fact checked first, in my opinion.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Chadcloses

Totally agreed. Totally my error.

I mis interpreted an email and changed a world to [bought].

The Matterport Pro writes below...

Dan

Hi Dan

Apologies for your Apology to the WGAN about Matterport pricing in the UK. The purpose of my email (private) was to share the pricing MSP's in the UK are up against. You asked me to post to the discussion, but I refrained as I was not comfortable to disclose my information in a public forum. My email states that Matterport SOLD Niche the cameras.

I do believe that Niche's pricing approach to the market is damaging Matterport's image as well as all other MSP's in the UK.

The story is not about whether Matterport bought Niche. It is the price point at which Niche is offering their service to the market. It seems they use their MP service as a loss leader to keep new MSP's from entering the market.

Kind regards

[redacted]
Post 3 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I thought you received a phone call too!

I honestly believe Matterport isn't doing anything on purpose to hurt their image. I talked with them longer than you would think the other day.

What is going to hurt Matterport in the long run is some of these 3rd party vendors. They want to charge one amount and give the "artist" freaking peanuts. I understand people get into a bind but most of these companies post their prices. Look at what they are charging and advertise in your area. Match it, charge more, under cut them or whatever else you need to do to keep them out. People here want local businesses to get it first, so advertise that your local and not some national vendor praying on a poor soul and keep 80% of the money.

I honestly don't believe there is a magic number out there for national pricing but there is a magic lube. I couldn't resist! I was talking with @chadcloses discussing just home prices. In his area, a house might be $3million but that same spec house could be $300k here. Sure, the interior might have a better stove or something but it is mostly about location.

Less than .05$ for Matterport, pictures, drone, video and whatever else they want you to do sucks anywhere in the country.

I want to say I have worked a few times for a vendor, Abodo, and they were very nice and asked what I charged. They agreed to my prices and even gave me $75 travel charge because it was about an hour away. If you work with another company be sure to work for your pricing not theirs. If they tell you what you will make, know it isn't going to be in your favor.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Viewing private msg quote post Address this user
@justinv Have you considered incremental percentage pricing? It works and is transferable around the world. We could quite easily all work off the same pricing model wherever we are based.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Baxter

I was posting about a few different threads here and @chadcloses said something to the effect rumors can kill a business. That is how I got to talking about a few other companies that have made noise with fake news. I don't want to name the company or any other company because I am considering doing a video. I am not sure if you saw my last one, if not ask someone about it!

Like I stated, there are some companies out that pay what you want and others tell you what you will make.

I understand to do the incremental price increase. We honestly need to do something because I think the few bad companies trying to do it nationally, they are the ones that are going to run it in the ground.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
No apologies necessary for your end Dan!!!

Agents don't apologize because they see it as a sign of weakness in their negotiation skills. Typically before they have learned any skills or know any one thing about negotiation. Typically a profile for newbies who have a tough time with appearing strong when they don't know something.

Let's steer the branding of the camera company away from a topic of feelings. We use this forum as "an assembly, meeting place, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.". I do not support using Dan's forum as a gateway to being "a court or tribunal", especially while he's pushing paper for others. See Dictionary.com

Dan, you shouldn't have to post topics for someone who is too scared to post a piece about price. So what if they receive some blow back after a game of Telephone. I think the piece on a provider offering $100 did ok. I would prefer seeing the link myself and exploit the jerk offs who kill the value of our services. You bare the brunt of interpretation, fact checking and satire.

I suppose you could make a profile named Anonymous to push these types of topics through and we can take them with a grain of salt. On the flip side this could be fuel for others sharing Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadcloses
derogatory information
. One would think making up another profile name is a simple fix, but most are too lazy to make that effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinv
I thought you received a phone call too!
- I suspect Dan got a call. He appears humbled today. This forum post doesn't possess the snappy energetic approach a young honeymooner would normally have. Feels like a Father in Law may have tweeted him out of the family will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinv
What is going to hurt Matterport in the long run is some of these 3rd party vendors
. - I cannot emphasis this enough guys. I appreciate other providers such as Justinv understanding the importance of blocking out the middle men who devalue our time, services and ability to invest on our future busines! I have been a strong advocate of shutting these guys out and received some hate back, no problem on my end. I've been kicked out of a Matterport Facebook group.

So far, the new gig at WGAN-TV as a Satire Analyst may have fueled a fire into more confusion. So those stories will be taking a "leave of absence" until "FMLA" can kick in.

Voices need to come from more that an hand full of us people on here. Share some new energy instead of hearing the same 30 people chime in. And please, if you are new, use the search button before asking the same questions about how to get started.

Therefore.... I wanna dedicate this song to you, the Unknown Author - I apologize!!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
@VTLV

I stayed off a few days after the phone call! I will also say they were very nice and nothing was said that was threatening.

I love five finger death punch!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
So far, the new gig at WGAN-TV as a Satire Analyst may have fueled a fire into more confusion. So those stories will be taking a "leave of absence" until "FMLA" can kick in.

Did you get a call also?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I got a missed call from Chicago. I recall Matterport was pushing a heavy hiring campaign there. lol.

Pretty sure this was a spammer I haven't tracked down yet with the call history. I average about 2-5 robocalls a day.

So, no talks have come my way from big brother. Maybe they're still trying to piece the puzzle together the parallels with this story mimicking that of Jared Kushner in the news this week and some Antarctica post from last week.

Glad to hear you're a fellow FFDP fan - Knuckles. The dudes are all nice and low key. They never played up the rock star jerk off roll with me. Love shooting an empty house and blasting those guys in the ears, rocking away and working through the home.

I'll look into dedicating a song to you soon enough when the lyrics hit the right subject matter. lol. I'm just gotta step off the satire writing role for a bit. It's a bummer when people interpret words without seeing the emotion or seeing the dry humor. The whole thing eats some time away as I get the place ready for baby.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@justinv a more standardised service structure and pricing model to avoid lowering prices (even internationally) is totally possible - but you will always get people going low for volume.

In an ideal world there would be a set minimum price that all MSPs agreed on and signed, with an incentive to keep it that way and actually want to be part of that arrangement.

We're nearly all in the same boat with the same concerns so like you say, we need to do something. In a right and proper way of course. Matterport is a quality product and we should utilise it and appreciate it because we can all make a decent living from it if we're sensible with a new approach.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@VTLV and congratulations on the baby, if I'm interpreting that last sentence correctly 😃
Post 12 IP   flag post
101646 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?