Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

HELLO OUT THERE...LOL..You find things Slow?5076

Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
So I have not had a booking for a shoot for over 6 weeks now..6 Weeks..Is anyone else seeing a serious dropping in scans booked?..This was after having good months in April May and June..I am coming up now on my first anniversary with Matterport..and I was busier in my first month than today.....

Thoughts.....TY
Post 1 IP   flag post
OpenHouseOptics private msg quote post Address this user
What are you doing to earn new business?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
This is my second summer drawing floor plans for Matterport photographers so I knew to expect a slower period. It could just be the seasonality of the business for you, too.

I noticed a slowing down of orders for virtual staging, too, which has nothing (or little) to do with Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
So I primarily focus on photographing homes rather than doing 3D tours however I have noticed a change in the typical Trends this year beginning in June [2017] where they don't line up with the previous five years of trends that I have recorded.

It's definitely been slower for June and July vs previous years, however I've also had more business in other commercial photography aspects so I don't know if it's because I've devoted more time to commercial photography and haven't been prospecting and that's why my business has slowed down slightly or if it's an actual Trend in the market.

I'm located in South Texas where we've been pretty fortunate to have strong markets but the downturn in the oil industry is finally really hitting hard here because oil production and refining is one of the main sources of revenue for our region.
Post 4 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yep, looks like I had today wether I wanted it or not. I was busier this winter in the Mountains than I am now ???
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I too have seen a reduction in my Matterport scan requests in the last month, but I have been gotten more work that I can handle from traditional photography appointments. In fact, this is going to be a record month for me with 90% of my revenue coming from services other than Matterport! I highly encourage anyone that has not diversified their service offerings to start NOW. For less than $1000, you can get started earning serious money with traditional photography. Honestly, I shoot multi-million dollar homes for luxury realtors with a $400 camera and a $300 lens.

Here is an example of a recent shoot.

clickable text

With a little bit of training and practice this can be a phenomenal revenue stream to compliment your Matterport business. If anyone is interested in learning more, please PM me.

Thanks,
Jon
Post 6 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful photos @JonJ
Post 7 IP   flag post
AndrewWilliam23 private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ I agree with Petra. Nice work Jon. And love that you're encouraging folks doing Matterport photography to have other offerings to round out their income. Thanks for being so generous on the phone when we spoke. You're a natural teacher!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@PetraSoderling, Thank you!

@AndrewWilliame23, it was my pleasure to speak with you and learn about your future plans with Matterport. Please feel free to reach out again if ever you need to!
Post 9 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ I agree with our fellow members, great photos and presentation in the single site and your kindness and willingness to share is much appreciated in this forum

BTW lol I hope you don't tell your million dollar listings how much your equipment cost
Post 10 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ Love your work on your website. I notice that you use elevated photography. What pole do you use and what height works best for you? I am considering an elevated pole because of the legal constraints around drone photography in a high population density area.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@nat_vanveen,
Thank you for your the compliment and I am the one who blessed to be able to participate in this forum. I have learned a lot from everyone who has participated and also found it as a source of encouragement when things weren't going as well or as quickly as I had hoped. Hearing that others share my frustrations and celebrating when others are met with success has helped me to continue on with my business when I might have otherwise given up.
As for the equipment cost....what's posted in the WGAN forum stays in the WGAN forum

@leonvanzweel,
For my elevated photography, I use a 24' Mr. Long Arm Extension Pole. I pair this with a pixi pole camera adapter. While the camera is on the ground, I set the exposure and focus. I put my camera on a 10 second timer and then hoist (more like throw) my camera into the air. I shoot 5 bracketed exposures, so it is important to keep it as still as possible. This usually is not an issue since there is typically a good amount of light for exterior photos. Also, please note, that these images are shot "blind", I do not know what my camera "sees" until I bring it down for review. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it you will use it all of the time. Shooting at a higher elevation makes post easier as you are not do not have to adjust the verticals near as much and you do not get awkward geometric distortion when correcting your verticals.

As for height, that all depends on the number of stories the property has and the grading of the yard. If I am shooting a 2 story home from level ground 12 feet is probably good. If it is a 3 story property, you are looking more at 16 feet. I have only had to shoot fully extended a few times and that was for 5 story buildings, which was a challenge since my timer is maxed out at 10 seconds.

Hope that helps!
Jon J
Post 12 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
@JonJ

I would have thought you were using a drone!

Have you ever thought about buying a camranger? I think they say you can make one for about $30. This would allow you to put camera up the pole and control camera from ipad.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dana Point, CA
RPOceanic private msg quote post Address this user
Another @JonJ

Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to talk with me, pass along all the great info. I can't tell you how much it helps on a practical level as well as personal in encouraging me to take the next step in expanding my business. Will be sure to send some post production work your capable way when I get that far along.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@justinv,
I have considered investing in a camranger, but to be honest with you, I like to keep things simple. With my current workflow, I have my elevated shots done in about 5 minutes. I may consider getting a camranger if I end up upgrading my pole to something longer than 24ft, but for now, I feel like it might just slow me down and add unnecessary complexity...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

@RPOceanic,
It was a pleasure speaking with you and I am glad that I could be of assistance. I know it may have been difficult to pick up everything I was telling you on the phone, but I do hope to post a video to help everyone get started with real estate photography soon.
Post 15 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
I make camera poles and trust me after 20 feet you have a tough time holding it straight.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101641 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?