Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Residential development walkthrough5070

Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
I´ve been invited to pitch for a job, and I don´t think Matterport is suitable, although they want something similar to the Matterport models that we´ve done for them.

It´s a residential development area and they would like a walkthrough-flythrough type of experience for their potential buyers.

My first thought was a realtime CGI 3D model, because we´ve done that before. BUT! They don´t want CGI, they want real photography.

My current thought is a bunch of 360´s and manually stitch them together, potentially with a main drone 360 as top level navigation.

On an experimental level, there´s also the possibility of drone photogrammetry, but I have no experience with this.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations as to how we could deliver an immersive online experience of a residential development spanning 10 acres.

The best idea gets a dominos delivery on me
-Robin Lycka
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
@tosolini I´m also considering a night scan like the one you did
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLycka

Sounds exciting. Good luck with the potential project.

immoviewer or iGuide?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
definitely want to follow along with this too. I've started playing with photogrametry, but not on a big scale yet. Would love to see how something like that could work and become the delivery system for matterport tours.
Post 4 IP   flag post
nat_vanveen private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLycka What about using @SeekBeak you can connect your 360s and Tim is working on integrating 360 vid, if he's done that already it would be sweet!
Post 5 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
@nat_vanveen The solution is nice, but a bit reluctant to monthly fees as long as this is just a one off job. UK clients are in my experience not very willing to sign up for monthly or annual fees. + a virtual tour with 360´s can also be built using other tools like KR pano etc.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Can you connect each new model with a Mattertag at the end of the walkthrough? I did it for this residence. The tag has no text per their rules.

http://lizgphotography.com/3d-model/1516-monarch/skinned/
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
@Lizzg That´s a great suggestion, however I should of course have specified that they´re looking for a solution to showcase the exterior of the development (hence why I don´t find Matterport suitable).

Cheers,
Robin
Post 8 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
Since you mentioned a drone, you could look in to Agisoft Photoscan. That allows you to convert drone footage to a 3D exterior model.

You could upload that 3d exterior to something like Sketchfab, and have a separate Matterport (or KolorPano) for the interior (if that's acceptable). And maybe even link it somehow using MAttertags to open the exterior model and vice versa.

Check out this article for more info.

Exterior 3d model here
Post 9 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
@DannyBasting Great idea! Do you know if Sketchfab supports placing any kind of links inside the models ?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Putten NLD
DannyBasting private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't used the service myself, so I can't tell for sure.

I do know that you can create annotations and embed media inside a Sketchfab model. Just not a 100% sure about linking to external pages. Think it should be possible though..

Worst case scenario, you can embed the Sketchfab model on your website (or your clients), and have a button put on top of the embedded model.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLycka

This is what we do for development projects -

clickable text

http://homesteadbayqtn.com/virtual-tour/
Post 12 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
@RobinLyca,

I just used some 360 images to show elements of the development that were not a part of the home model. I turn off the pan option because I find it distracting, but, you can include the exterior of the development using the 360 images from your tour.

http://lizgphotography.com/3d-model/979-old-ranch-road-solvang-ca-93463/nobrand/

It starts with the entrance and ends with the "park and tennis court".

Could this work for you?
Post 13 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
@Property3dNZ I really like the tracing in the aerial 360´s where you can see all the plots. Looks brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

@Lizzg The development is to big to use matterport and 360´s - it´s 300 units.

Unfortunately the client chose not to proceed with a complete tour of the development at this point. We´ve been instructed to do some of the show homes though, so not all lost
Post 14 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
@Property3dNZ nice work
What software did you use for interactive images?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@PieroBortolot Thanks! We use Kolor
Post 16 IP   flag post
101636 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?